hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was the prize won, then?
    Yup. Single winner in Spain.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds decent - I didn't factor in continuing to work...
    Neither was I. Perhaps I worded it wrong, I think getting 35k a year after tax with no rent to pay and without doing any work would be exceptional.
    Mon the Hibs.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither was I. Perhaps I worded it wrong, I think getting 35k a year after tax with no rent to pay and without doing any work would be exceptional.
    You said 35k tax free on top of your disposable income so I thought you meant your current earnings? 35k without working for it would be lovely and make a real difference, I'm just not convinced it'd make me have an exceptional life. But I've got 3 kids and a wife.


    You're also not factoring in any giveaways to family and friends like most folk on here have said and any extravagant initial purchases. Any of that immediately dwindles your 35k downwards.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said 35k tax free on top of your disposable income so I thought you meant your current earnings? 35k without working for it would be lovely and make a real difference, I'm just not convinced it'd make me have an exceptional life. But I've got 3 kids and a wife.


    You're also not factoring in any giveaways to family and friends like most folk on here have said and any extravagant initial purchases. Any of that immediately dwindles your 35k downwards.
    I read it as more than current disposable income

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read it as more than current disposable income
    Aye I've read it again and can see that. 35k isn't enough.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye I've read it again and can see that. 35k isn't enough.
    I wouldn't have said so. It's more than a lot of people will ever earn but you'd soon get through it with the extra time on your hands, and as you say a family to support.

    50k-100k per year required I reckon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved