hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 64
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My comment, above, was in reference to him making the claim that a second indyref was a "cancerous presence". I would have thought any "Charity", would have thought long and hard before appointing "anyone" with those views. They always have knock on effects.

    Each to their own though, and they've got their man.

    It's been nice, watching so many admins have their 5 minutes of playtime though.
    Open-minded and tolerant of others' views. You couldn't epitomise nationalism more succinctly

    Having a go at admins is just wrong - they're expressing their views as individual posters and my reckoning is that their posts are consistent with what they regularly post as individual posters. Making it an 'admin' thing makes you sound a bit bitter and defensive.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Open-minded and tolerant of others' views. You couldn't epitomise nationalism more succinctly

    Having a go at admins is just wrong - they're expressing their views as individual posters and my reckoning is that their posts are consistent with what they regularly post as individual posters. Making it an 'admin' thing makes you sound a bit bitter and defensive.
    Correct.

    I didn't think that when you said, you'd be waiting round the corner for me, you'd really post about me mentioning the Admins having some fun.

    I've not had any go "as you say" at the admins.

    You need to take your nat goggles off bud.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 07-10-2017 at 07:30 PM.

  4. #33
    Old enough to know better. Stupid enough to do it anyway. Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    I didn't think that when you said, you'd be waiting round the corner for me, you'd really post about me mentioning the Admins having some fun.

    I've not had any go "as you say" at the admins.

    You need to take your nat goggles of bud.

    Is that an American term for beer goggles?


  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that an American term for beer goggles?


  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    I didn't think that when you said, you'd be waiting round the corner for me, you'd really post about me mentioning the Admins having some fun.

    I've not had any go "as you say" at the admins.

    You need to take your nat goggles off bud.
    The funny thing is I donít wear goggles.

    Itís just amusing how sensitive and defensive our nationalist brethren can appear
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funny thing is I donít wear goggles.

    Itís just amusing how sensitive and defensive our nationalist brethren can appear
    Only when you go on the attack, when, there is nothing to attack.

    Amusing, right enough.

    I wonder which corner it will be next.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only when you go on the attack, when, there is nothing to attack.

    Amusing, right enough.

    I wonder which corner it will be next.
    Are you really standing by your point that Neil Oliver shouldnít have his NTS post because he disagrees with another referendum? Really?

    Mind you, thereís a long history of tension between nationalism and free speech isnít there?

    Anyways, Christine Grahame and Jim Sillars seem to be willing to express their views. Are they still acceptable as Nats or have they burnt their bridges by criticising the failures of Nicola?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you really standing by your point that Neil Oliver shouldnít have his NTS post because he disagrees with another referendum? Really?

    Mind you, thereís a long history of tension between nationalism and free speech isnít there?

    Anyways, Christine Grahame and Jim Sillars seem to be willing to express their views. Are they still acceptable as Nats or have they burnt their bridges by criticising the failures of Nicola?


    Go out, get a ride, and clear yer heid.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Go out, get a ride, and clear yer heid.
    Well that's a clearly-constructed and thought-out answer.......

    You don't really have anything in your locker other than linking to WoS or posts like the above.

    It's a shame. There's probably a good debate to be had. Where is the articulate and rational argument for nationalism?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee coonty of course
    Posts
    2,154
    My issue with Oliver is twofold. His description of the highland clearances for an historian was at best rewriting history to suit his own unique position/opinion on them. And also I had the misfortune to have been at a table next to his in a restaurant in Stirling once. Self absorbed fud. Wanted to be centre of attention even in a private setting, constantly messing about with his hair and the old look at me attitude.
    I'm a member of the NTS and couldn't care less who the chair is or their political views.
    As a dedicated Nationalist I think he is a twat!
    As a restaurant customer I think he is a twat!
    I can separate all these things but on balance I think he is a twat. :-)

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's a clearly-constructed and thought-out answer.......

    You don't really have anything in your locker other than linking to WoS or posts like the above.

    It's a shame. There's probably a good debate to be had. Where is the articulate and rational argument for nationalism?
    Sorry, I was looking around the next corner, for you, waiting for me.

    There probably is a good debate to be had, but you're really clutching at straws, if you think this is it.

    Clear yer heid, and move on pal.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I was looking around the next corner, for you, waiting for me.

    There probably is a good debate to be had, but you're really clutching at straws, if you think this is it.

    Clear yer heid, and move on pal.
    You've lost me with the 'round the corner' lines, just like when you were posting the 'Simon' lines. Neither of them make any sense.

    Just to be clear, you don't seem to post anything other than WoS links and petty jibes. The jibes might be amusing for you, but like I've posted in my first sentence they don't actually make sense or relate to anything I have posted?

    I would love to have a rational, intelligent debate about why some people want Scotland to be an independent country and why some people don't.

    I would love to have my ideas and opinions challenged, just in the same way I would like to challenge others.

    You don't offer any of that. All you've got is "Clear yer heid, and move on pal"

    Can you work out why Scotland voted 'No' yet?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's an interesting concept(not expressed on here I hasten to add)that someone who represents majority opinion on independence is not suitable to hold a prominent position on a Scottish charity.I don't remember dyed in the wool unionists kicking up a fuss when Alan Cumming was appointed Ambassador to the NTS and I'm sure he'll do a good job in the States promoting NTS.
    I can't remember, Alan Cumming, ever mentioning a "cancerous presence" in any UK election/referendum.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've lost me with the 'round the corner' lines, just like when you were posting the 'Simon' lines. Neither of them make any sense.

    Just to be clear, you don't seem to post anything other than WoS links and petty jibes. The jibes might be amusing for you, but like I've posted in my first sentence they don't actually make sense or relate to anything I have posted?

    I would love to have a rational, intelligent debate about why some people want Scotland to be an independent country and why some people don't.

    I would love to have my ideas and opinions challenged, just in the same way I would like to challenge others.

    You don't offer any of that. All you've got is "Clear yer heid, and move on pal"

    Can you work out why Scotland voted 'No' yet?
    They were "your words", to me.

    You might have forgotten though.

    Let's move on now, and get this back on track, I'm sure most folk will want to see how Neil gets on.

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Open-minded and tolerant of others' views. You couldn't epitomise nationalism more succinctly

    Having a go at admins is just wrong - they're expressing their views as individual posters and my reckoning is that their posts are consistent with what they regularly post as individual posters. Making it an 'admin' thing makes you sound a bit bitter and defensive.
    Stop me if Iím getting confused but arenít you the one who gies on about playing balls not men?

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop me if Iím getting confused but arenít you the one who gies on about playing balls not men?
    What's your point?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  18. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've lost me with the 'round the corner' lines, just like when you were posting the 'Simon' lines. Neither of them make any sense.

    Just to be clear, you don't seem to post anything other than WoS links and petty jibes. The jibes might be amusing for you, but like I've posted in my first sentence they don't actually make sense or relate to anything I have posted?

    I would love to have a rational, intelligent debate about why some people want Scotland to be an independent country and why some people don't.

    I would love to have my ideas and opinions challenged, just in the same way I would like to challenge others.

    You don't offer any of that. All you've got is "Clear yer heid, and move on pal"

    Can you work out why Scotland voted 'No' yet?
    Different strokes for different folks, but my top 3 would be:

    Attachment to Britain.
    Concern about personal financial circumstances.
    Concern about Scotlandís financial circumstances.

    Weíll never have an answer to the first but as and when 2 and 3 are allayed sufficiently, weíll win.

    Happy to help.

  19. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your point?
    You pitched into a thread about Oliver with a straightforward ad hom on r7.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    I didn't think that when you said, you'd be waiting round the corner for me, you'd really post about me mentioning the Admins having some fun.

    I've not had any go "as you say" at the admins.

    You need to take your nat goggles off bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were "your words", to me.

    You might have forgotten though.

    Let's move on now, and get this back on track, I'm sure most folk will want to see how Neil gets on.
    Really?

    Post the quote. I don't think I said that and it doesn't sound like me.

    If I did say it, I will instantly apologise if you felt threatened.

    How are you responding to Christine Grahame and Jim Sillars?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really?

    Post the quote. I don't think I said that and it doesn't sound like me.

    If I did say it, I will instantly apologise if you felt threatened.

    How are you responding to Christine Grahame and Jim Sillars?
    You did, but as others on here will testify, threats on tinternet can go as far as them having to go offline for a while.

    I've never at any time felt threatened by you, so, no need to apologise. I know who you are.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You pitched into a thread about Oliver with a straightforward ad hom on r7.
    Not disagreeing with you JMS, you make a fair point.

    It was maybe a bit ad hom but when it's in response to a post like the one that's made, and given the poster history, then it's hard to constructively challenge without it appearing ad hominem
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You did, but as others on here will testify, threats on tinternet can go as far as them having to go offline for a while.

    I've never at any time felt threatened by you, so, no need to apologise. I know who you are.
    So you can't actually quote me saying what you claimed I said?

    Ok

    I'm glad you know who I am. I actually think I would enjoy your company, regardless of our political affiliations.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you can't actually quote me saying what you claimed I said?

    Ok

    I'm glad you know who I am. I actually think I would enjoy your company, regardless of our political affiliations.
    I'm not going to troll through your posts to find it. I know what was said, even if you don't.

    As I've said before, time to get this back on track, or do you want to go on a completely different tangent on another subject. It doesn't take you long to switch, does it.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not going to troll through your posts to find it. I know what was said, even if you don't.

    As I've said before, time to get this back on track, or do you want to go on a completely different tangent on another subject. It doesn't take you long to switch, does it.
    So, I didn't, and you're just making it up
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    https://t.co/ANiT4GroQP



    Scotlands third sector.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I didn't, and you're just making it up
    Jackie Baillie.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not going to troll through your posts to find it. I know what was said, even if you don't.

    As I've said before, time to get this back on track, or do you want to go on a completely different tangent on another subject. It doesn't take you long to switch, does it.
    So, I didn't. And you're just making it up.

    Self-respect, man. Get some.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I didn't. And you're just making it up.

    Self-respect, man. Get some.
    Did you have to post this twice to make it feel right?

    I'm out, your boring me. Enjoy yer drink.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you can't actually quote me saying what you claimed I said?

    Ok

    I'm glad you know who I am. I actually think I would enjoy your company, regardless of our political affiliations.





  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you have to post this twice to make it feel right?

    I'm out, your boring me. Enjoy yer drink.


    Anytime you want an actual debate about the rights and wrongs of nationalism, feel free. I like posting my views and like hearing other people's views, and then challenging them and being challenged. What I don't like is sloganising and hiding behind other people's blogs.

    I'm happy to talk about it and potentially be convinced to change my mind, should the argument be convincing.

    Over to you, but I expect more than links to WoS.......
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved