hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think we would get on fine over a pint or two. If nothing else, we're both Hibbies
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    My issue with Oliver is twofold. His description of the highland clearances for an historian was at best rewriting history to suit his own unique position/opinion on them. And also I had the misfortune to have been at a table next to his in a restaurant in Stirling once. Self absorbed fud. Wanted to be centre of attention even in a private setting, constantly messing about with his hair and the old look at me attitude.
    I'm a member of the NTS and couldn't care less who the chair is or their political views.
    As a dedicated Nationalist I think he is a twat!
    As a restaurant customer I think he is a twat!,
    I can separate all these things but on balance I think he is a twat. :-)

Yes. His treatment of the Clearances was partial, simplistic, and I think insulting, delivered in the same smug, opinionated way he displays in so much (all?) of his TV work.

I commiserate with you on your experience in Stirling, and his behaviour certainly doesn't surprise me.

NTS is a Scottish public and national body; as such it should be represented by a historian of substance and repute, not a media luvvy as full of himself as Oliver is.

"Self absorbed fud" - nice one. You describe him to a T.

With apologies, but his expression says it all. Smug.

Last edited by Doddie; 09-10-2017 at 01:34 PM.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Yes. His treatment of the Clearances was partial, simplistic, and I think insulting, delivered in the same smug, opinionated way he displays in so much (all?) of his TV work.

I commiserate with you on your experience in Stirling, and his behaviour certainly doesn't surprise me.

NTS is a Scottish public and national body; as such it should be represented by a historian of substance and repute, not a media luvvy as full of himself as Oliver is.

"Self absorbed fud" - nice one. You describe him to a T.

With apologies, but his expression says it all. Smug.

And more importantly, is the cravat thing worse than the hair?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    And more importantly, is the cravat thing worse than the hair?

It all bad, man, all bad. It's the breathy, intense delivery as well, as if every word that comes out of his mouth's vital to the hearer's understanding of the topic, a topic only now being adequately elucidated (woo!) by Neil Oliver.

The Truth has spoken.

Plonker!

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."