hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have sold close to 20k for other semi finals. I'm thinking Falkirk a few years ago when I reckon we had c17k, hearts a few years back when there was 40 odd thousand there. This, I agree was exceptional.
    My main point is we have a successful team. We are getting 17-19k for most home games. We have 13k + season ticket holders. We won the Scottish and had more hibbys than I thought was possible all out on the streets. We are back where we belong and still people find excuses not to go. I'm a proud Hibee and it sticks in my throat that we have so many glory hunters who only come out for the finals
    It maybe does mate, but show me a club of our size anywhere that doesn't have the same demographic. Every club of our size needs these casual fans to boost its support for finals, and they aren't all 'glory hunters' either. I was just as avid a Hibs supporter in the mid 80s to the mid 90s as I am now, but I had a family to support and couldn't afford to go to Easter Road very often, even so I always managed to beg steal or borrow the money to get to Hampden for semi finals and finals, even if my visits to ER were few and far between.

In the case of this game I think it says more about the affect Celtic's dominance is having on the game than it does about our support. Fans of most clubs just cant see a way that their teams can defeat them and I'm willing to bet that thought is having an affect on those who are swithering about going.
    For the 9,000 or so who will support the club no matter what there are at least as many who need to think the team has a chance of winning ..... yes we got a draw at Parkhead, but its not going to be lost on the switherers that it was against a Celtic team devoid of several key players and even then we had to put in a very good performance to get that draw ... It certainly isn't lost on me, the difference is I don't care. If you think that isn't a factor just look at Hearts .... 16,000 at every home game ( allegedly ) but on two occasions lately they have failed to sell out even three home stands for cup games against Celtic .... why? .... because a lot of their fans would prefer not to see their team get a cuffing.

Aberdeen are the same ... Its not that long ago they sold nearly 40,000 tickets for a league cup final at Parkhead and yet they couldn't even sell their 22,000 tickets for last years Scottish cup final because they had been thumped by Celtic in the league cup final and a lot of their casual fans just couldn't see them winning that final.

If you are looking to apportion blame for the relatively poor ticket sales Celtic are as big a factor as anything here, and that's a fact

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ever?????? Steady now.
    I'm pretty sure Aberdeen took nearly 20k a couple of years ago v Dundee Utd
    The 2008 semi between the same clubs was attended by 12000 and when Hearts played Inverness it was just over 13000. These are total attendances not one clubs support. So our 12000 or so support is lower than normal but far from unexpected.
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 19-10-2017 at 03:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I find it very strange that grown adults are genuinely embarrassed by the size of the crowd from the football team they support. I mean embarrassed really? In Scottish football terms what we will take to Hampden on Saturday is at the very least on a par with what any one else on the country would take to a LC semi with a 12:15 KO. What's to be embarrassed about?

Whiff of a yam? GTF! I've been a season ticket holder in the east for years. I will be there on Saturday with my family.
    I'm frustrated that so called fans can't be arsed to support the team on the big stage. We have a good team on the pitch and a manager who deserve our backing. There is no reason why we shouldn't have a huge crowd on Saturday. Those who chose not go for poor reasons (they can decide themselves what constitutes a poor reason, they will know themselves) should not feel hard done by if they miss out on cup final tickets. We will have a cheek to keep arguing for a fair 50/50 split in cup finals against the OF if we can't sell our tickets
    I won't be there on Saturday morning, I work nights, it's on the TV and I just can't be arsed. I'll be back in my ST seat on Tuesday night though. Guess that's my choice.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I would rather a large gap in our end than give 2/3 of the stadium to Celtic.

Semi finals are often not full. Anyone remember us v Dundee Utd in the Scottish? Nowhere near full in our end, and nobody gave a monkeys.

I'm not going but will be at the final if we get there. I'm not going to Motherwell or Killie away but I'll be at Tynie in December.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ever think of being a motivational speaker??
    I think the phrase that I have used when going to hampden as underdogs is just in case we win I wouldn't want to miss it. Ie 21_05_2016.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have sold close to 20k for other semi finals. I'm thinking Falkirk a few years ago when I reckon we had c17k, hearts a few years back when there was 40 odd thousand there. This, I agree was exceptional.
    My main point is we have a successful team. We are getting 17-19k for most home games. We have 13k + season ticket holders. We won the Scottish and had more hibbys than I thought was possible all out on the streets. We are back where we belong and still people find excuses not to go. I'm a proud Hibee and it sticks in my throat that we have so many glory hunters who only come out for the finals
    Why does anyone need an excuse not to go to a football match?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I had to go to post office this morning to see if my tickets were there - arrived in depot this morning, despite booking on first day of sale a week past Monday and paying the £6.50 delivery. Glad to not have to worry about them now, but that's cutting things a bit fine, and had there been any problems, it wouldn't have allowed too much time to resolve. Hopefully an isolated case and no one else is sweating waiting for delivery after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I had to go to post office this morning to see if my tickets were there - arrived in depot this morning, despite booking on first day of sale a week past Monday and paying the £6.50 delivery. Glad to not have to worry about them now, but that's cutting things a bit fine, and had there been any problems, it wouldn't have allowed too much time to resolve. Hopefully an isolated case and no one else is sweating waiting for delivery after so long.
    For balance, I ordered mine on line about 11am the first day of ST holders sale and got them two days later, normally I use the first class post option as I find it is generally quicker than Special Delivery but can't fault it this time, I would have been getting worried in your position!

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I would rather a large gap in our end than give 2/3 of the stadium to Celtic.

Semi finals are often not full. Anyone remember us v Dundee Utd in the Scottish? Nowhere near full in our end, and nobody gave a monkeys.
    Aye we took about 13/15k that day but far from full in our end....

I understand both points of view for those that are disappointed in our end not being full and those who aren't bothered.

I think we would all like our end to be sold out but I will enjoy it just as much if we win whether our end is full or not.

And if we get beat, then so be it, I wouldn't miss it for anything other than £ or a family reason however.

Cmon the Hibs!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I'm not going but will be at the final if we get there. I'm not going to Motherwell or Killie away but I'll be at Tynie in December.
    Can you be certain you will get a ticket for Tynie? Will be an almighty scramble I would imagine.

If we still had the loyalty scheme people who go to the Motherwell and Killie games may have had first dibs, so at least you have a chance.

The semi has already cost me 87.50 and I have not set off yet.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    The semi has already cost me 87.50 and I have not set off yet.
    There will be seasons ahead that we will be wishing we had the opportunity to spend 90 quid on a semi final ....let's just embrace the opportunity and occasion...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    None of our group are going, all have other plans. I am away due to school holidays like a lot of people will be I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There will be seasons ahead that we will be wishing we had the opportunity to spend 90 quid on a semi final ....let's just embrace the opportunity and occasion...
    You can't put a price on a good time
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    None of our group are going, all have other plans. I am away due to school holidays like a lot of people will be I reckon.

Maybe we should contact the SPFL and tell them never to arrange the semi-finals during school holidays again.

@hibs.net private member

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: friskyfraggle

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I had the same issue. Note through the door saying go to the post office depot. Total inconvenience getting there during work hours...must say I was delighted to have them in my hand and got a sense it was going to be a Hibs classic. Fans not going should change their mind and support the Heroes.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why does anyone need an excuse not to go to a football match?
    Exactly.

I've not been to the gym for weeks and I feel more guilty about that than watching a game on TV. 😁
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Exactly.

I've not been to the gym for weeks and I feel more guilty about that than watching a game on TV. 😁
    That is bad news!. The thought of getting back in to it when you've not been in ages

How many people travel back to Scotland from all over the UK and the world when we get to a final?

Those folk can't be expected to do so for semi finals.

I'm only in York, but for me to get to the semi, it would be a 2 day trip and would cost the best part of £250.

The train is nearly £100 and I'd need an hotel for the Friday night, food, bevvy and a ticket.

Then there's the prospect of getting home knackered after 8.00pm.

I'll commit to doing all that for a really special occasion, like a final, but when there's a pub 15 minutes walk away showing the game on Saturday morning, it's a no brainer.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 19-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    That is bad news!. The thought of getting back in to it when you've not been in ages
    Indeed. The trouble is, the longer I avoid it, the more I need it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    Anyone know roughly what we are sitting at sales wise?

Left by mutual consent!
    And you can't put your arms around a memory.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    50 Euros in Amsterdam

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    50 Euros in Amsterdam

€35 back in 2006 according to a source, thats some price hike

EXACTLY THIS!

I can't wait to get to Hampden and I will never understand those who shy away from these occasions.

COME ON THE HIBEEEEEEEEEES

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    I won't be there on Saturday morning, I work nights, it's on the TV and I just can't be arsed. I'll be back in my ST seat on Tuesday night though. Guess that's my choice.
    weird choice