hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm sure we've all been to plenty of matches in which we haven't expected Hibs to win, but you always have that wee hope. Parkhead a couple of weeks ago: I went with zero expectations of winning, and only very slight hopes of a draw - what a performance. Where there's life there's hope.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I genuinely feel a bit embarrassed that we can't sell out 20k tickets for a semi final. I also cringe at the thought of the number of armchair fans that will feel they have a right to be at the final should we get there. I've personally got mates that do this all the time. I used to feel sorry for them but it just annoys me now. If you call yourself a hibs fan you should try to make the effort for a game like this
    When have we ever sold even near 20K tickets for a League cup semi? Even Scottish cup semis can't have been many times? Certainly not the last few.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m glad your not going.
    I totally agree he should be a Celtic fan

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Doesn't make sense.
    The fact that Saturdays game is against Scotland's top side makes the occasion that bit more exciting, as does the fact that few will tip us to win. A more exciting prospect than had we been drawn to play Motherwell.
    Not gonna lie I'd much prefer it if we'd drawn motherwell.

Hibs are in a Semi Final At Hamden - FFS Just be there.

There will be dark day's in the future, don't be blasé now. Your team needs you. Please be there if you can. GGTTH !!

I genuinely feel a bit embarrassed that we can't sell out 20k tickets for a semi final. I also cringe at the thought of the number of armchair fans that will feel they have a right to be at the final should we get there. I've personally got mates that do this all the time. I used to feel sorry for them but it just annoys me now. If you call yourself a hibs fan you should try to make the effort for a game like this
    I am stunned when the word embarrassed about a crowd is mentioned. 5k or 20k or a few hibs fans and a dog. It doesn’t matter. When we are battering celtc all I care about is my bairns and me are there

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Embarrassed? Get a grip.

No club outwith the Old Firm has EVER sold anything like 20k for a League Cup Semi. We only just sold out our 13k allocation for our last semi at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    BT Sport aren't being shy in making it clear who they want in the final - more incentive to get it up Celtic and get it up BT Sport. Scottish football summed up in one ad.

BT Sport aren't being shy in making it clear who they want in the final - more incentive to get it up Celtic and get it up BT Sport. Scottish football summed up in one ad.

That's surely not real?

If we were playing Rangers or Motherwell, would we have sold more tickets? There you go then.

Haven't read the full thread, but no matter how many of us are going through on Sat it could still be a great day !

I was one of the 6000 or so at Hampden when we beat The Huns in the Semi Final of the League Cup on pens.........the fact there were so few of us there made it all the better in a funny sort of way (siege mentality and all that!)

I'm buzzing for the Semi Final on Sat and will be there standing proud supporting my beloved team. Please join me if you can !!!!!!!

Hibs Till We Die

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!

Is that a Betfred advert or BT ad promoting the game?

if its the latter, thats is poor form from BT

Testimonial Due
    I will be there. However I am not happy seems we won't sell out. Really wish folk would make the effort for the semi finals.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Well at least thats the team talk sorted.

That's a lot of embarrassment for you, considered you'd have experienced such shame in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 (THREE TIMES), 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 (TWICE) and 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    That's surely not real?
    I'm going fake just on the basis that Celtic couldn't be shown as more prominent than Rangers.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    That's a lot of embarrassment for you, considered you'd have experienced such shame in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 (THREE TIMES), 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 (TWICE) and 2017.
    A lot of semis this century!

Must be the most outwith the old firm since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A lot of semis this century!

Must be the most outwith the old firm since 2000.
    More Semi's than Ron Jeremy ! (Google him if you don't know who he is!!!!!)

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He's got a point.
    No he's not. The players are getting paid to be bothered. Professional pride as well I would think. Also a let's get it up them attitude. Who knows why underdogs win. Most likely nothing to do with numbers of fans in the crowd I would think. Livi v Hibs in LC final instantly springs to mind

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yeah, thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Embarrassed? Get a grip.

No club outwith the Old Firm has EVER sold anything like 20k for a League Cup Semi. We only just sold out our 13k allocation for our last semi at Tynecastle.

Ever?????? Steady now.
    I'm pretty sure Aberdeen took nearly 20k a couple of years ago v Dundee Utd

Oh dear. A post with a distinct whiff of Yam, at least in terms of sentiments.

There is a reason why most of Hibs' League Cup Semi-Finals have been at Tynecastle (Dundee United, St Johnstone x2) because Hampden was too big.

The turn outs against Ayr and Rangers at Hampden were very poor and nothing near the number who will be there on Saturday.

Ever?????? Steady now.
    I'm pretty sure Aberdeen took nearly 20k a couple of years ago v Dundee Utd
    As I'm sure you're aware as you no doubt had to Google it too, the crowd was 29k so they may well have had 15-20k. Fair doos. A great turnout from them to be fair but then it was a Saturday 3pm kick off, not on the telly. Can you find any more examples of non Old Firm topping even 15k for a League Cup semi to compound your embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Oh dear. A post with a distinct whiff of Yam, at least in terms of sentiments.

There is a reason why most of Hibs' League Cup Semi-Finals have been at Tynecastle (Dundee United, St Johnstone x2) because Hampden was too big.

The turn outs against Ayr and Rangers at Hampden were very poor and nothing near the number who will be there on Saturday.
    Whiff of a yam? GTF! I've been a season ticket holder in the east for years. I will be there on Saturday with my family.
    I'm frustrated that so called fans can't be arsed to support the team on the big stage. We have a good team on the pitch and a manager who deserve our backing. There is no reason why we shouldn't have a huge crowd on Saturday. Those who chose not go for poor reasons (they can decide themselves what constitutes a poor reason, they will know themselves) should not feel hard done by if they miss out on cup final tickets. We will have a cheek to keep arguing for a fair 50/50 split in cup finals against the OF if we can't sell our tickets

As I'm sure you're aware as you no doubt had to Google it too, the crowd was 29k so they may well have had 15-20k. Fair doos. A great turnout from them to be fair but then it was a Saturday 3pm kick off, not on the telly. Can you find any more examples of non Old Firm topping even 15k for a League Cup semi to compound your embarrassment.
    I've proved you wrong once, I can't be arsed researching the history of the league cup to prove you wrong again. Suffice to say we disagree. I believe we should be able to sell 20k for a cup semi against the old firm. You think that is beyond us clearly. You watching on tv?

Whiff of a yam? GTF! I've been a season ticket holder in the east for years. I will be there on Saturday with my family.
    I'm frustrated that so called fans can't be arsed to support the team on the big stage. We have a good team on the pitch and a manager who deserve our backing. There is no reason why we shouldn't have a huge crowd on Saturday. Those who chose not go for poor reasons (they can decide themselves what constitutes a poor reason, they will know themselves) should not feel hard done by if they miss out on cup final tickets. We will have a cheek to keep arguing for a fair 50/50 split in cup finals against the OF if we can't sell our tickets
    I'm with you.....

I've proved you wrong once, I can't be arsed researching the history of the league cup to prove you wrong again. Suffice to say we disagree. I believe we should be able to sell 20k for a cup semi against the old firm. You think that is beyond us clearly. You watching on tv?
    No you haven't proved anything. The crowd was 29k, no record of the split. I don't think selling 20k is beyond us, I do know we've never come close to it before though. How embarrassing!

As for your TV comment, have a word with yourself you self righteous twat. I usually drive the bus from Aberdeen to these type of games (as I'll be doing for the Derby). This time however I'm working at night so I'll be setting off in my car on my own from Aberdeen around 7am then rushing back up the road to start my shift at 7pm. Do I pass your test?
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 18-10-2017 at 11:54 PM.

No you haven't proved anything. The crowd was 29k, no record of the split. I don't think selling 20k is beyond us, I do know we've never come close to it before though. How embarrassing!

As for your TV comment, have a word with yourself you self righteous twat. I usually drive the bus from Aberdeen to these type of games (as I'll be doing for the Derby). This time however I'm working at night so I'll be setting off in my car on my own from Aberdeen around 7am then rushing back up the road to start my shift at 7pm. Do I pass your test?
    No club outside the OF has EVER sold close to 20k for a semi final. Do you think that is true? Even though I have told you that DUFC and Aberdeen ( who have a far greater fan base) shared a 30k crowd just a couple of years ago. Going back through the history of the cup to when crowds were double today's numbers, you stand by what you say?
    Calm it with the personal insults.

When was the last time Hibs sold anything like 20,000 tickets for any league cup semi final? ..... in fact in recent history the only time we have got close to 20,000 for a semi was Aberdeen in the Scottish cup last season, when you have to agree the circumstances were exceptional. I've been in sub 15,000 Hibs supports at Hampden many times, for both Scottish and league cup semi finals. I was one of the 7,000 against the old Huns and it was probably one of the best nights I have ever had supporting the club as we outsung their 26,000 from beginning to end.

At the end of the day it will be a shame if we don't hit at least 15,000 ..... but when I walk through the turnstile on Saturday I wont care how many of us are there, what I will care about is how the ones who do go back the team inside the stadium, its not the size of the dug in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dug ... we proved it that famous night against the Huns and we can do it again on Saturday against the other arse cheek.

As for any split of tickets if we do make this final, or any other for that matter ....... I get really fed up of hearing folk go on about how Celtic or Sevco can make a case for more tickets than us if we don't sell our full allocation for a semi final, that has nothing to do with anything. The whole reason for playing finals at a neutral venue is to ensure as much as you can that its a level playing field for both teams, at least off the pitch, in view of which if a club can sell half the stadium then they get half the tickets and that's the end of it .... Fail to apply that logic and you are not providing a neutral venue, because without good reason ( for example where a team clearly cant sell half the stadium ) you are handing an advantage, however slight, to one team over the other.

We have sold close to 20k for other semi finals. I'm thinking Falkirk a few years ago when I reckon we had c17k, hearts a few years back when there was 40 odd thousand there. This, I agree was exceptional.
    My main point is we have a successful team. We are getting 17-19k for most home games. We have 13k + season ticket holders. We won the Scottish and had more hibbys than I thought was possible all out on the streets. We are back where we belong and still people find excuses not to go. I'm a proud Hibee and it sticks in my throat that we have so many glory hunters who only come out for the finals