hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    If you think we will lose, why would you go to any game? No guarantees in football.

Just, what if, we are the first domestic side to bring their run to an end....Would you not want to be there?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Initially I thought we would sell almost 20,000 for this game, so disappointed with the news that sales haven't been that great.

If I was asked to guess the reason for those not attending, I would say it's because people are thinking we'll lose anyway and even if we do beat go on to beat Celtic then those not going will have a final to look forward to anyway.

Just my opinion

Anyone got a recent dot count??

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I normally go to the games with my dad but he can’t make it due to health reasons.

I can’t be arsed going through myself so will just watch it on the telly instead.

Don’t see why anyone would have a problem with that but hey-ho, so be it.

I’ll enjoy it just as much if we win and won’t be gutted at all at not being there.

On the plus side, at least I won’t leave early thus not annoying another bunch of Hibs fans!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone got a recent dot count??

Thousands left.

All you folk thinking it doesn't matter if we take a lower than usual number just don't appreciate how bad this is.

I have to go there with my Dad, and it's yet another thing for him to moan about (altho he never seems to have trouble finding subject for a good old rant)

"How kin ye expect the players tae make an effort if the Supporters cannae even be bothered turnin up", or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    All you folk thinking it doesn't matter if we take a lower than usual number just don't appreciate how bad this is.

I have to go there with my Dad, and it's yet another thing for him to moan about (altho he never seems to have trouble finding subject for a good old rant)

"How kin ye expect the players tae make an effort if the Supporters cannae even be bothered turnin up", or something along those lines.

He's got a point.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its so funny that folk get slaughtered when they go like a final, and slaughtered again when they dont go?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its so funny that folk get slaughtered when they go like a final, and slaughtered again when they dont go?

Yes it's side splittingly hilarious in a not in the slightest sort of way.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He's got a point.

No he's not, this is the players job and are expected to do there best while getting paid for it, supporters have to pay there cash to go watch them, if they don't want to for whatever the reason it should have no affect on the players doing there job and going out to get a win on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes it's side splittingly hilarious in a not in the slightest sort of way.
    I'm glad you actually know what he means.

We are literally going to have the same turnout to a semi that we ripped the sheep for bringing last season

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    We are literally going to have the same turnout to a semi that we ripped the sheep for bringing last season
    As long as we manage to score the same jammy goals they scored and we win, I'll take that.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    In fairness, a league cup semi is always going to have a lower interest than a Scottish cup semi.

Hearts v ICT 3 years ago, total attendance at ER was 13,500

Personally dont think we'll win, but thats just one of the reasons I'm not going. As many folk have alluded to already if that was the way I judged the games I attended I certainly wouldn't have been to many games including some of the best nights of my life supporting Hibs.

Truth be told I find us a very dull side to watch at the moment, and for that reason I can't be bothered travelling through and paying all the money involved with a trip like this to watch us when its on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Personally dont think we'll win, but thats just one of the reasons I'm not going. As many folk have alluded to already if that was the way I judged the games I attended I certainly wouldn't have been to many games including some of the best nights of my life supporting Hibs.

Truth be told I find us a very dull side to watch at the moment, and for that reason I can't be bothered travelling through and paying all the money involved with a trip like this to watch us when its on the TV.
    What golden era have you been supporting us through, until this recent dullness set in?

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Think our best attended semi was against Livi. Had star players and looked certain to win. Think the prospect of losing to the invinceables, the fact old firm and School holidays keeping attendance down. But still a 12k support not band and we will out sing them.
    12k was decent back when we had 7k season ticket holders. We have almost double that now. Selling 10k for Saturday is similar to us selling 5k for a semi in the past

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    12k was decent back when we had 7k season ticket holders. We have almost double that now. Selling 10k for Saturday is similar to us selling 5k for a semi in the past
    I don’t think how many ST holders we have equates in any way to how many fans we take to Hampden.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I don’t think how many ST holders we have equates in any way to how many fans we take to Hampden.
    .....other than the fact we have our record level of season tickets sold suggesting we have a high level of interest in following Hibs.

Can't really put my finger on why the lack of interest in a major cup semi final. A wee bit disappointed for the team if honest, they deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

It's like when people slag children for buying a season ticket and not using it then asking to give it up to non season ticket holders just for a derby

Testimonial Due
    Its clear it just hasnt caught the imagination.

Probably a mixture of current mediocre form, rubbish kick off time, on tv, fairly expensive, and most of all, a very high chamce we will get beat.

The latter point is a biggy id say, people will move mountains to go to games they think we will win, and people find excuses when the opposite is true.

The Hearts 4-0 semi being the classic example.

@hibs.net private member
    It's the Mickey Mouse cup! that lot have always told us,maybe since we've won the big cup,some have started to believe this.
    Not me,will never forget the 91 @ 07 wins great days.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Its clear it just hasnt caught the imagination.

Probably a mixture of current mediocre form, rubbish kick off time, on tv, fairly expensive, and most of all, a very high chamce we will get beat.

The latter point is a biggy id say, people will move mountains to go to games they think we will win, and people find excuses when the opposite is true.

The Hearts 4-0 semi being the classic example.
    People think we'll get beat and don't want to trudge home from hampden. I understand it. I'm a hopeless optimist though and think we'll win.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    If you think we will lose, why would you go to any game? No guarantees in football.

Just, what if, we are the first domestic side to bring their run to an end....Would you not want to be there?

Palace beat Chelsea last weekend. NOBODY was predicting that.

I hope we just go for it. There's no pressure; everyone just assumes Celtic will win.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Maybe it’s just me, but as a Hibs supporter, these are the games that I live for.
    Can’t understand fans not wanting to go, unless they have to work, or have financial or family problems

Wasn't going to go due to early kick off time but managed to get seats on the Hibs.net bus.

A bit worried I am a bit of a bogey in recent times though as seen us lose League Cup finals over the years to Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston & Ross County and Scottish Cup Finals to Hertz and Celtic.

Missed our greatest Hampden day v Rangers due to slipped discs although inadvertently jumped up off my armchair when Sir David Gray headed in the winner causing me to cry like a baby both with the pain and the emotion. Invaded my living room at the final whistle with my crutches.

Hopefully we will click on the day and Celtic are a bit leg weary.

Got a feeling that we are going to win this one and beat Rangers in the final yet again.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post

I’m glad your not going.

United we stand here....

I genuinely feel a bit embarrassed that we can't sell out 20k tickets for a semi final. I also cringe at the thought of the number of armchair fans that will feel they have a right to be at the final should we get there. I've personally got mates that do this all the time. I used to feel sorry for them but it just annoys me now. If you call yourself a hibs fan you should try to make the effort for a game like this

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    These arguments are monotonous and frustrating.

"I've got a ticket so I'm a better supporter than you" is what people really mean.

No-one has the right to decide what folk should do with their time and money.

Loads of people don't travel to games away from Easter Road, but many will make an exception if it's a cup final. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Frankly, given the prospect of a crappy, uncomfortable bus journey followed by a long walk to a crap stadium without time for a few drinks, to watch, in all likelihood, your team get beaten, I'm surprised so many folk do go.
    I just dont understand people with this attitude. I dont often go to away games, but those I definitely attend are Tynecastle and Semi Finals/Finals. Yes I turn up more in hope many times, but the thought of not being there for a big win is what keeps me going. This could be our biggest game of the season and by choosing not to go because the fear of losing and not having a bigger game just to me makes no sense