hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see people's argument for not going. £30 ticket. Travel. Game is on TV. Against a team 59 unbeaten.
    Lame

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Motherwell have sold their allocation. 13k iirc
    That's good going. Their home is around 5000.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Can see people's argument for not going. £30 ticket. Travel. Game is on TV. Against a team 59 unbeaten.
    Yet I bet a whole bunch of them will be moaning about getting a ticket if we get to the final.... support through thick and thin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    They are playing Sevco and not on TV. Plus novelty of a Hampden game.
    The game, like ours is being broadcast by BT Sport.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Psychological boost to the Celtic team when they walk out to a full end at Hampden and a half full Hibs end.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    They are playing Sevco and not on TV. Plus novelty of a Hampden game.
    But the biggest excuse offered for our fans not going - no kids tickets in certain sections also applies, maybe Motherwell fans are just less fussy about what colour their seat is & appreciate it a bit more than some of our lot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    But the biggest excuse offered for our fans not going - no kids tickets in certain sections also applies, maybe Motherwell fans are just less fussy about what colour their seat is & appreciate it a bit more than some of our lot.
    Or the fact Motherwell are hardly ever at Hampden. Regardless of how many Hibs fans go our support this season has been fantastic

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Or the fact Motherwell are hardly ever at Hampden. Regardless of how many Hibs fans go our support this season has been fantastic
    How many have Motherwell sold

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I thought TheRangers were getting 48k tickets for Hampden? How can this be if Motherwell have sold 13k?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I thought TheRangers were getting 48k tickets for Hampden? How can this be if Motherwell have sold 13k?
    38k Callum

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    38k Callum
    Ahh right

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

I can't imagine Hibs ever playing too many games at Hampden, to the point where I'm looking for reasons not to go though. The hard-core support will be there on Sat, and I've no doubt we'll create a good atmosphere, but yes, it is disappointing to see others are less enthusiastic, and must leave the club feeling same way after fighting successfully to secure us a good allocation of tickets for this game - only to be proved wrong in their expectations. Especially when if we manage to pull off a famous win these will be many of the same people who think they have a god given right to a final brief!

I can't imagine Hibs ever playing too many games at Hampden, to the point where I'm looking for reasons not to go though. The hard-core support will be there on Sat, and I've no doubt we'll create a good atmosphere, but yes, it is disappointing to see others are less enthusiastic, and must leave the club feeling same way after fighting successfully to secure us a good allocation of tickets for this game - only to be proved wrong in their expectations. Especially when if we manage to pull off a famous win these will be many of the same people who think they have a god given right to a final brief!
    Said before, wish folk were as fussy about tickets for ipox, darkheid and the PBS!!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I think that's how many they've been given by Hearts at Murrayfield.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Lucky enough to have use of a pal's debentures for Hampden and our tickets have been upgraded to Gold for Saturday - first time I think I can ever recall that happening. Anyone know the difference between the Gold and Silver offering? I won't have the tickets in my hand until Thursday / Friday so keen to know what Gold actually means!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    These arguments are monotonous and frustrating.

"I've got a ticket so I'm a better supporter than you" is what people really mean.

No-one has the right to decide what folk should do with their time and money.

Loads of people don't travel to games away from Easter Road, but many will make an exception if it's a cup final. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Frankly, given the prospect of a crappy, uncomfortable bus journey followed by a long walk to a crap stadium without time for a few drinks, to watch, in all likelihood, your team get beaten, I'm surprised so many folk do go.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

"I've got a ticket so I'm a better supporter than you" is what people really mean.

Loads of people don't travel to games away from Easter Road, but many will make an exception if it's a cup final. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Frankly, given the prospect of a crappy, uncomfortable bus journey followed by a long walk to a crap stadium without time for a few drinks, to watch, in all likelihood, your team get beaten, I'm surprised so many folk do go.
    Ever think of being a motivational speaker??

By the time Rangers had their 38k I can't see Motherwell having as much as 13k. That'd only leave 1k for segragation, sponsors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Motherwell have sold their allocation. 13k iirc
    If true that’s about double what they normally take. I heard they have sold nearly 8000 from a Well fan but no idea if true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ever think of being a motivational speaker??
    I didn't mention the cost of travel and tickets or the length of day so count your blessings.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member TheGreenMan's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A

Right enough, might see if I can sell my tickets and go watch pandas eating leaves instead of a semi final against Celtic.

If you're a Celtic fan you'd be well within your rights to be pissed off at not getting a ticket if there are thousands of unsold seats because Hibs took too many. We'll end up getting our allocation cut in future and giving the Huns or Celtic an advantage with a bigger support from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauzee_4 View Post
    Right enough, might see if I can sell my tickets and go watch pandas eating leaves instead of a semi final against Celtic.

Thanks. That gave me a laugh.

I have never went/not went to a game based on what the result would be. Don’t understand that logic as a supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    How many have Motherwell sold
    According to their message boards between 7-8000.

A voice of reason on a message board that is becoming increasingly obsessed with dot counts and telling people what to do with their time whilst feeling embarrassed that our crowd might be below their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    I have never went/not went to a game based on what the result would be. Don’t understand that logic as a supporter
    Doesn't make sense.
    The fact that Saturdays game is against Scotland's top side makes the occasion that bit more exciting, as does the fact that few will tip us to win. A more exciting prospect than had we been drawn to play Motherwell.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 18-10-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    According to their message boards between 7-8000.
    Think about folk leaving early when their team is getting stuffed.

Think attendances rising when their team is winning regularly.

Then extrapolate.

Testimonial Due
    Think about folk leaving early when their team is getting stuffed.

Think attendances rising when their team is winning regularly.

Then extrapolate.
    Think our best attended semi was against Livi. Had star players and looked certain to win. Think the prospect of losing to the invinceables, the fact old firm and School holidays keeping attendance down. But still a 12k support not band and we will out sing them.

No doubt if we win there will be(just like 7-0) many thousands more claiming to have been there than actually went in the years ahead

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If you can afford it and you're no working get your fingers out and get a ticket bought. How disheartening is it going to be for the players walking out and seeing blocks and blocks of empty seats.

I can't believe just how much some 'supporters' are taking a trip to Hampden for granted. The fact it's suggested that even Motherwell have sold more tickets, and for the lesser-preferred Semi date of Sunday, than us is an embarrassment and I'm no caring what anyone says, cause that's exactly what it is.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 18-10-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller