hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    It is what it is. If we win at least some of us can say we were at a famous game! We keep on making history so why not?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why dont the people who arent going because they think we will lose say so. My point stands, i dont believe thats the reason for stay aways. If folk cant afford it that is 100 per cent understandable, as is work, previous commitments.
    Ask them

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Ask them
    Nah. You ask them. Im too busy getting set for a semi final

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Nah. You ask them. Im too busy getting set for a semi final
    You dont need to ask them, just as they dont need to justify how they spend their money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You dont need to ask them, just as they dont need to justify how they spend their money and time.
    I agree. My point is that I dont believe people are put off going due to fear of losing. Thats all.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I agree. My point is that I dont believe people are put off going due to fear of losing. Thats all.
    I agree, i also dont believe people will not go because they think we will lose.

Although if that was their reason, i wouldnt have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I agree, i also dont believe people will not go because they think we will lose.

Although if that was their reason, i wouldnt have a problem with it.
    Good man.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Was in this afternoon and the ticket sales are at around 11,500.

I was hoping for more but to be fair I can't remember the last time we took more than that to face either of the Old Firm in a national semi at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

I was hoping for more but to be fair I can't remember the last time we took more than that to face either of the Old Firm in a national semi at Hampden.
    That's a lot worse/lower than I thought I was going to read.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    To be fair, if someone views going to the football as a form of entertainment, it’s logical to think that they wouldn’t want to spend hundreds of pounds on a game which we are unlikely to win. I hope we do of course, but still.

Some naive comments on here. Of course there's an influence in crowd size linked to whether we can win or not. Plenty of examples throughout the years of this. In all clubs, not just Hibs.

And no one is interested in telling people how to spend their time and money, but crowd sizes are always a talking point. Always have been and always will be, so if you haven't realised this by now, better get used to it. All fans like to discuss it as a topic and it's actually a good indicator of fans attitudes at the time.

With tomorrow's support, many here think the crowd could be a lot better given the growing strength of the club now and many also think it's because people don't want to go along to get beaten by a strong team.

They are correct in both cases. Get over it and stop being so defensive. Our 11,500 will give it all we've got against their hordes. If we win, it will be up there as one if the best days out ever.

Cmon Hibees.!!

I reckon if we had put three past Aberdeen last week would have added another 3 or 4K to the attendance
    Looks like it will be around 12k now. Being live on tv is a big reason for reduced numbers. Not live on tv we would be close to a sell out

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I reckon if we had put three past Aberdeen last week would have added another 3 or 4K to the attendance
    Looks like it will be around 12k now. Being live on tv is a big reason for reduced numbers. Not live on tv we would be close to a sell out

Bought 4 today at the last minute and buzzing, thought we weren't going to be able to go but got a last minute reprieve. I think you're spot on with your assessment btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    It's always disappointing on these threads that people don't consider people who are not fortunate enough to be able to afford these days out.

£30 plus say £20 for travel is a lot of money for many people. Particularly if there are 1 or 2 parents and kids going.

Added to that it's straight after school holidays which will be busy and expensive for people. And it's just before our first league derby in a good while.
    Far to sensible for this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Some naive comments on here. Of course there's an influence in crowd size linked to whether we can win or not. Plenty of examples throughout the years of this. In all clubs, not just Hibs.

And no one is interested in telling people how to spend their time and money, but crowd sizes are always a talking point. Always have been and always will be, so if you haven't realised this by now, better get used to it. All fans like to discuss it as a topic and it's actually a good indicator of fans attitudes at the time.

With tomorrow's support, many here think the crowd could be a lot better given the growing strength of the club now and many also think it's because people don't want to go along to get beaten by a strong team.

They are correct in both cases. Get over it and stop being so defensive. Our 11,500 will give it all we've got against their hordes. If we win, it will be up there as one if the best days out ever.

Cmon Hibees.!!
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I think that even just a better performance against the sheep, would have added 3-4k to our support.
    I know a few who were swithering, and opted for the telly after our toothless display.

Anyone with a semi final ticket stub will qualify for two tickets for the final.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. Even going to wear my lucky y fronts.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I think that even just a better performance against the sheep, would have added 3-4k to our support.
    I know a few who were swithering, and opted for the telly after our toothless display.
    Honestly didn't think the performance was that bad. We have a real chance however need to play very well and not gift anything early.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Anyone with a semi final ticket stub will qualify for two tickets for the final.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. Even going to wear my lucky y fronts.

GGTTH
    Based on the assumption we will get 23000 tickets for the final?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    So up to 4000 people aren't going because we lost narrowly to the second best team in the country.
    I think not.
    Our fans have been spoiled by the teams recent magnificent record of trips to Hampden.
    Sadly quite a few have decided our boys aren't worth the effort this time as we might well lose.
    I daresay another ten year spell without semis and finals will come around again when these difficult decisions will no longer be necessary.

So after 11 pages we are still waiting for a list of League Cup Semi-Finals that kicked off at lunchtime, were on TV and where we took over 12,000 supporters.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    So after 11 pages we are still waiting for a list of League Cup Semi-Finals that kicked off at lunchtime, were on TV and where we took over 12,000 supporters.
    Considering we’ve never played in a league cup semi final on a Saturday lunchtime you’ll be waiting longer than 11 pages

United we stand here....

If we win this and have Rangers in the final, there is every chance we are limited to c13k tickets, One per ST. I dont think we can argue for more.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If we win this and have Rangers in the final, there is every chance we are limited to c13k tickets, One per ST. I dont think we can argue for more.
    There has been a court case which ensures we would have the right to half of the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

It's crap to be honest but those of us who are there will just need to shout even louder.

I don't think 1 result would have increased our ticket sales by 33%. That's bonkers. 500-1000 at most perhaps.

Anyway, I hope all those who are there have an unforgettable day.

What? No chance. Thats bonkers. We'll have the same number as them if we manage to win tomorrow.

We certainly can argue for more but luckily those of us who aren’t the old firm don’t have to any more.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Well thought out post, everything you say makes sense and I think the SPFL/SFA should make this policy, tickets should be restricted to the amount of season tickets you have sold. Should make it interesting when Celtic play Rangers or St Johnstone play Kilmarnock. Or maybe we should stick with a 50/50 split

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Well thought out post, everything you say makes sense and I think the SPFL/SFA should make this policy, tickets should be restricted to the amount of season tickets you have sold. Should make it interesting when Celtic play Rangers or St Johnstone play Kilmarnock. Or maybe we should stick with a 50/50 split
    What case can we make for more tickets when we couldnt sell our 50% allocation for the semi ? Just cos folk want to go to a final isnt a good enough reason.