hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Very poor support for a semi final at Hampden. Apart from the Pars midweek semi in 2007 when our players and manager were having a public war, this is possibly the worst i`ve seen.

You have to wonder about the real strength of our support when many of the stay-aways are just not wanting to go in the likely case we`ll get beaten. If we pull off a win though, which i think we can, they`ll be desperate to get a ticket, moaning about Ticketmaster, the queues, the ticket office..

Leanne, Lennon, Farmer, etc must surely be thinking "wtf.?". I know i am.

Extremely disappointing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very poor support for a semi final at Hampden. Apart from the Pars midweek semi in 2007 when our players and manager were having a public war, this is possibly the worst i`ve seen.

You have to wonder about the real strength of our support when many of the stay-aways are just not wanting to go in the likely case we`ll get beaten. If we pull off a win though, which i think we can, they`ll be desperate to get a ticket, moaning about Ticketmaster, the queues, the ticket office..

Extremely disappointing.

Who would have taken more? Aberdeen? No. Hearts? No. Dundee United? No. It's a league cup semi in Glasgow at 12.15. 10k would be good going. Aberdeen took that to the Scottish cup semi last season when we took 20k and beat us. The game will be decided on the park not the stands.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Who would have taken more? Aberdeen? No. Hearts? No. Dundee United? No. It's a league cup semi in Glasgow at 12.15. 10k would be good going. Aberdeen took that to the Scottish cup semi last season when we took 20k and beat us. The game will be decided on the park not the stands.
    Are Motherwell not taking more?

Utter nonsense. It has nothing to do with other clubs, I'm only interested in what our supporters do and the positive direction our club is supposedly going.

It's an hour or so drive away for most, at £30. A big game against the best team in Scottish football. What's not to like.?

Be honest - it's because it's Celtic and a large section of our supporters are staying away in case of defeat.

Maybe you'd best ask the players on the park if a big noisy support would help them - because I guarantee they'll all say yes, especially against Celtic, who'll have their end roaring every ball, corner, etc.

You going.?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    8k I heard

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Utter nonsense. It has nothing to do with other clubs, I'm only interested in what our supporters do and the positive direction our club is supposedly going.

It's an hour or so drive away for most, at £30. A big game against the best team in Scottish football. What's not to like.?

Be honest - it's because it's Celtic and a large section of our supporters are staying away in case of defeat.

Maybe you'd best ask the players on the park if a big noisy support would help them - because I guarantee they'll all say yes, especially against Celtic, who'll have their end roaring every ball, corner, etc.

You going.?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You going.?
    Are you going?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone know if we’ll be able to get to the North Stand pre match on saturday, from the East End, rather than have to walk all the way round via the South?
    It’ll be shut post match though

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Motherwell were given approx. 9k tickets, they have 2 sections in the south and half of the west stand and they have not sold out their allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Anyone know if we’ll be able to get to the North Stand pre match on saturday, from the East End, rather than have to walk all the way round via the South?
    It’ll be shut post match though
    Normally you can up to a certain time. You'll likely have to walk through (they won't move to let you past) a line of Strathclyde's finest asking you where you're going. But to answer your question, it should be fine.

Are you going?
    Yes im going, never missed a Hampden trip since the 6-2 LC Final in 1969 (apart from a couple of Old Hun ones in the early 70's my dad wouldn't take me to.)

These are the big games with potential to add to Hibernian history.

10,000 is poor. Wasn't expecting a sell out, but we are missing 4 to 5,000 and I know why.

Yes im going, never missed a Hampden trip since the 6-2 LC Final in 1969 (apart from a couple of Old Hun ones in the early 70's my dad wouldn't take me to.)

10,000 is poor. Wasn't expecting a sell out, but we are missing 4 to 5,000 and I know why.
    It will be more than 10k. I’d guess between 12-13k which is average.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibee_again View Post
    Normally you can up to a certain time. You'll likely have to walk through (they won't move to let you past) a line of Strathclyde's finest asking you where you're going. But to answer your question, it should be fine.
    Ta

I hope Hibs can give us a "you had to be there win" just to spite the lot who cant be arsed to turn up

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    I hope Hibs can give us a "you had to be there win" just to spite the lot who cant be arsed to turn up
    That's the spirit.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Nice.

I hope they win.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Aye, they'll be well hacked off that we've reached another final right enough.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Where are people getting the figure of the number of tickets we've sold from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Motherwell were given approx. 9k tickets, they have 2 sections in the south and half of the west stand and they have not sold out their allocation.
    Ok cool thought I read on here they had sold 13k.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Where are people getting the figure of the number of tickets we've sold from?
    The ticket site? There's a dot-map.

We've sold all of O, about half of P, none of A, about 3/4 of B and about 4/5 of C. That should be 11-12k - ish I think?

Left by mutual consent!

Extremely disappointing.
    I'm pretty sure the League Cup semi v the huns in 2004 saw us take only about six or seven thousand. Those who were there will testify it was a great atmosphere among the Hibs fans. OK, it helped that we won but sometimes you get a better atmosphere when it's more of a hard core support. We then took 40,000 to the final and lost to Livi....and the atmosphere, needless to say, was dire.

Personally I won't be there on Saturday. School holiday trip away with the family, like quite a few on here I imagine. Despite the holidays though, we were never going to sell out for this one. Like it or not, the fact we're massive underdogs DOES make a big difference. Yes, we'd sell out if we were playing Celtic in the final, but even then most would be going along braced for defeat (I know that's how I felt about the Scottish Cup final in 2013). 12k or so strikes me as a decent enough support for a pre-lunch League Cup semi final.

As for Leanne, Lennon, Farmer, etc, they can rest assured that if the club keeps building on the fantastic progress of the last few seasons on and off the pitch then we'll be selling out this sort of game before too long. We're just not quite there yet as a team to convince most fans we have a real chance on Saturday.

Armchair fans and glory hunters on the scrounge for final tickets are not true fans. They annoy me. So called fans that don't go because they think we'll get beat are worse! Melts!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The ticket site? There's a dot-map.

We've sold all of O, about half of P, none of A, about 3/4 of B and about 4/5 of C. That should be 11-12k - ish I think?
    Ok, ta.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Armchair fans and glory hunters on the scrounge for final tickets are not true fans. They annoy me. So called fans that don't go because they think we'll get beat are worse! Melts!
    Sheesh... 1 Cup win, and we're glory hunters.

Yep, we've changed.......

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Sheesh... 1 Cup win, and we're glory hunters.

Yep, we've changed.......
    Yip all Hibs fans are now glory hunters. 44 years of going to ER and I've seen us win two league cups and one Scottish cup. As a glory hunter goes I'm not doing too well

You can account for every one of the 4-5k?

I'm in Spain- that cool?

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    You can account for every one of the 4-5k?

I'm in Spain- that cool?
    hope for your sake it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Still fans tho. Still have an affinity and desire to see hibs do well.

If our hard core support is 10k then I'm glad an extra 10k come along to see the finals. Fine by me. Would look guff with 10k hibs fans at a final and it supports the club financially.

hope for your sake it isn't
    Flipping 18 degrees today! Wtf! :D