hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a reflection to me. Also the sound of an AR would be much louder if they were that close to it.
    Probably correct. I've not really examined any footage in detail and I would be likely to miss things anyway. I just find it hard to believe reports from outlets like the BBC and CNN these days, and there are multiple reports of such things elsewhere. So it's always worth questioning things.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by What_the_deuce View Post
    Probably correct. I've not really examined any footage in detail and I would be likely to miss things anyway. I just find it hard to believe reports from outlets like the BBC and CNN these days, and there are multiple reports of such things elsewhere. So it's always worth questioning things.
    Yup, much better to believe some guy filming Youtube videos in his mum's basement.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I just get a cartoon drawing of a transmitter with an electric flash.

The good was a report from Australia that 26000 guns handed over in the first couple of days of a guns amnesty.

The bad is a former aide to David Cameron comparing agun ban with the US ban on Muslims
    Last edited by Golden Fleece; 04-10-2017 at 05:04 PM.

First Team Regular
    Looks like a reflection to me. Also the sound of an AR would be much louder if they were that close to it.
    That would be dependant on how good the microphone on the phone is....and the speakers of course.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    That would be dependant on how good the microphone on the phone is....and the speakers of course.
    It picks up other background noises that wouldn't normally be audible with an AR rattling off a few meters away, so it can't be that bad.

Question everything

Question everything
    Why.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Yup, much better to believe some guy filming Youtube videos in his mum's basement.
    I didn't say I believed one particular guy or any particular story being told. Where did you get that from?

I just said there were a lot of conflicting bits of information going around. The BBC, CNN and other relatively mainstream media sources have been shown in many instances to be, at best, biased and, at worst, well what's the worst thing a source of news for millions could do?

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Why.
    Because...

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Why.

Why not?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Probably more accurate than BBC,CNN,etc etc.....

At least it's from a neutral source.

bet you still believe there was no foul play by the government on 9/11 too....cause bbc and cnn say so too

operation mockingbird

bet you still believe there was no foul play by the government on 9/11 too....cause bbc and cnn say so too

operation mockingbird
    I don't know how anyone with half a brain could still actually believe the official story on that one. And if they can lie about that they can lie about anything. So, yes, the reported story could well be what actually happened in Las Vegas, but it would not surprise me at all if it wasn't.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

operation mockingbird
    I don't know how anyone with half a brain could still actually believe the official story on that one. And if they can lie about that they can lie about anything. So, yes, the reported story could well be what actually happened in Las Vegas, but it would not surprise me at all if it wasn't.
    - very good!
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

Question everything
    Ok.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Its a reflection there are no broken windows anywhere else and when there is on buildings like that one window missing is obvious.

Looks like one guy has made a decision to shoot folk and it will happen again. To me thats all there really is to it his decision based on what has affected his life might be nothing to others.

Guns firing, airport across the road, planes helicopters taking off all the time. Lights flashing all over place. I fully expected conflicting stories and unintentional genuine mistakes on what was seen and heard by people there.

It is for me as has been reported by Police.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 05-10-2017 at 12:18 PM.

A bit of interesting analysis on gun culture from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Up until 1975 there was a majority in the USA to ban possession of handguns. Opportunity missed.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Its a reflection there are no broken windows anywhere else and when there is on buildings like that one window missing is obvious.

Looks like one guy has made a decision to shoot folk and it will happen again. To me thats all there really is to it his decision based on what has affected his life might be nothing to others.

Guns firing, airport across the road, planes helicopters taking off all the time. Lights flashing all over place. I fully expected conflicting stories and unintentional genuine mistakes on what was seen and heard by people there.

It is for me as has been reported by Police.
    Could well be and probably is in terms of the actually shooting at least. Ultimately it's just going to lead to a gun control argument for a few weeks and not much else.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    A bit of interesting analysis on gun culture from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Up until 1975 there was a majority in the USA to ban possession of handguns. Opportunity missed.
    Aye, but, sadly, American politics, and particularly the Republican Party, has shifted miles to the right since the mid-seventies. It was around that time that the evangelical Christians started getting organised in politics and the Chicago School of economists became influential - a very destructive combination. It was Nixon, a supposed right wing Republican, who stated 'we're all Keynesians now' during his presidency. How things have changed.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Gents... Those still thinking there's "something" in the 2nd shooter thing please see my earlier post... I was able to easily disprove it myself using half an hour of my time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Gents... Those still thinking there's "something" in the 2nd shooter thing please see my earlier post... I was able to easily disprove it myself using half an hour of my time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure you didn't "disprove" it. You may have looked into it on the internet and come to the conclusion that it was just one shooter. That is not the same as disproving it. A forensics team after an analysis of the scene, confirmation that the bullets were only fired from the guy's guns, check of as yet unreleased security futage etc. could probably disprove it. If you can achieve the equivalent of all that from, presumably, thousands of miles away in half an hour then well... let's just say that I think I've disproved you were able to do that with a few minutes of my time.
    Last edited by What_the_deuce; 05-10-2017 at 06:01 PM.

I'm pretty sure you didn't "disprove" it. You may have looked into it on the internet and come to the conclusion that it was just one shooter. That is not the same as disproving it. A forensics team after an analysis of the scene, confirmation that the bullets were only fired from the guy's guns, check of as yet unreleased security futage etc. could probably disprove it. If you can achieve the equivalent of all that from, presumably, thousands of miles away in half an hour then well... let's just say that I think I've disproved you were able to do that with a few minutes of my time.
    As yet there is no evidence to support the speculation that there was a second gunman. Where is the broken window on the 4th floor?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    As yet there is no evidence to support the speculation that there was a second gunman. Where is the broken window on the 4th floor?
    Indeed.

A second gunman makes this story even bigger and unfortunatley these things get out in order to just do that. There needs to be a further window broken and as far as I am aware there isnt. So if no window broken people can then say maybe in bushes etc etc.

We can all only go on what we are told and who you choose to believe I on this occasion choose to believe the official line. No need to disprove anything if there is a 2nd gunman then we are all waiting, until such as times the only thing about a 2nd gunman involved the fourth/fifth floor there is as i understand no broken windows there leaning to thus far it is just 1 man.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 05-10-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

But forensics do not need to disprove anything, I can say there are 10 gunmen are forensics etc going to then disprove that there were another 9? No they are not. If there is no other gunman then there is nothing for them to do. I can ask forensics to come to my house and disprove a person was shooting folk from my house. It is actually quite a thing to go and disprove something that has not happened so the onus is there being something to actually check and thus far we have had rumour of a 4/5th floor shooter that IMO with knowledge of said City and hotels 1 window broken stands out a mile.The only broken windows are from the confirmed suite.

@hibs.net private member
    But forensics do not need to disprove anything, I can say there are 10 gunmen are forensics etc going to then disprove that there were another 9? No they are not. If there is no other gunman then there is nothing for them to do. I can ask forensics to come to my house and disprove a person was shooting folk from my house. It is actually quite a thing to go and disprove something that has not happened so the onus is there being something to actually check and thus far we have had rumour of a 4/5th floor shooter that IMO with knowledge of said City and hotels 1 window broken stands out a mile.The only broken windows are from the confirmed suite.
    Not to mention the complete lack of reasoning why there would be no official reporting of a second gunman...I mean 1 or 2 or 10 the massacre happened so it's beyond credibility that there was an instant cover up to prevent the 'true' story from coming out. Who would have anything to gain from such an odd approach?

Pretty clear that people are happy to believe anything as long as it's posted on the internet, has a wobbly grainy video and is not the 'official' line.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    2nd shooter or not, the police are not ruling out the suggestion that there was an accomplice.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    2nd shooter or not, the police are not ruling out the suggestion that there was an accomplice.

An accomplice though and 2nd shooter are different. He may well have had assistance.

An accomplice though and 2nd shooter are different. He may well have had assistance.
    No ****, Ironside?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    No ****, Ironside?

Cheers

Why is this freak not being called out as a terrorist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Why is this freak not being called out as a terrorist ?
    His motive hasn't been established, so we don't know if he fits the definition of a terrorist.