hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky or Ross ?

Laidlaw. He has the gloves now - Rocky has to win them back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He isnt, he's a top keeper on a 4 year deal who isnt going to sit on the bench.
    He is a good keeper but for me he’ll just have to wait. Laidlaw has done superb so should not be dropped!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He is a good keeper but for me he’ll just have to wait. Laidlaw has done superb so should not be dropped!
    Ditto

@hibs.net private member
    I'm happy with either but for those saying Rocky was ropey on the cross balls so was Laidlaw last season.

Think he will put Rocky in but would be inclined to play the same starting 11 barring injury against the sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Think you have to keep playing laidlaw until such times he does something to lose his place ... if that ain’t the case it doesn’t show the best message does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Laidlaw for the semi but Rocky will be first choice for the league.

They are both very good hard decision for lenny

Blog Entries
    All sport is confidence. Rocky did so well with us that he returned as 1st choice to the Israel national team. Unfortunately he had a shocker versus Spain & IMO he's not been the same keeper since. He's subsequently been dropped from the national squad altogether & I think that has adversely impacted his self assurance. At present I think Ross has to be our #1 & I expect NL will think this way also.

Coaching Staff
    Rocky has made the odd mistake but expect him to be back to first choice when available.

very very poor attempt at a save for the second goal, thought that at the game and confirmed now i have seen the highlights, no doubt he should have saved that

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    very very poor attempt at a save for the second goal, thought that at the game and confirmed now i have seen the highlights, no doubt he should have saved that
    Not so sure about that, macgregor is 10 yards out and could put it anywhere. I would have been a very very good save if he stopped it imo. It's similar to his save at Ross County which everyone said was a wonder save.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Not so sure about that, macgregor is 10 yards out and could put it anywhere. I would have been a very very good save if he stopped it imo. It's similar to his save at Ross County which everyone said was a wonder save.
    but he didnt put it anywhere he basically albeit at pace, slotted it next to him, poor attempt imo

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Ross has the shirt but Im totally relaxed about our keeping situation. We've got two really good keepers Im not too bothered who appears in goal Ive got every confidence in both of them its a far cry from the Ox and Conrad.*

*despite Conrad having the game of his life against DUFC.... Roy of the Rovers stuff that.

It really is a refreshing change to be arguing about which of our goalkeepers is better after some of the horror shows in the not so distant past.

Tbf Williams, Logan and Oxley were all decent enough but prior to that still makes me shudder.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Rocky is the better shot stopper imo but Ross is better at holding cross balls .
    Tin hat on here but I think Rocky would have saved Celtics 2nd goal .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Laidlaw until he makes 1 mistake and becomes hopeless like Rocky
    Agreed...crazy how so many are writing off Rocky after 1 bad game...we have 2 very good goalkeepers at club and its a tough one for Lennon but for now I agree Laidlaw should keep gloves

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Agreed...crazy how so many are writing off Rocky after 1 bad game...we have 2 very good goalkeepers at club and its a tough one for Lennon but for now I agree Laidlaw should keep gloves

Laidlaw until he goes on a bad run or until Rocky shows more in training.

We've got two decent keepers so it's all good.

Blog Entries

Rocky has had more than 1 bad game. It was just that against Well they scored from his errors. He made 2 shocking errors against Jags but he got away with them.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Rocky has had more than 1 bad game. It was just that against Well they scored from his errors. He made 2 shocking errors against Jags but he got away with them.
    2 shocking errors?? I don't recall but he's had way more decent games for us than bad ones and is a decent keeper imo

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Has to be Laidlaw until there is a case for him to be dropped I.e. making a mistake. In the last two games argueably saved us three points
    He hasn't really saved us those points has he? He made a decent save yesterday first half but one I'd expect him to make, quick from his line to close the angle. He just didn't have much to do, the little he did have he did well. I'd agree however that he doesn't deserve dropped, but I'm more than confident with either in goals. Most clubs/managers will go back to their number one choice when they are fit, regardless how the understudy plays.

@hibs.net private member

Rocky or Ross ?

Laidlaw has been excellent since he came in....so, despite me being a big Rocky fan, Laidlaw deserves to keep the jersey.

Think his positioning was poor for the first goal yesterday - not saying he would have stopped it mind you..and his save before half time more than made up for it...so keep it up big man...doing well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigwheel; 02-10-2017 at 06:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky hasn't had a good season so far, but he's still our best keeper by some way. He will come back in for the Aberdeen game I would think.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    I thought that as well at the time, but looking at it again, I don’t think he did anything wrong. The shot was hit from close in and there was a hibs player covering to his left. He almost certainly was thinking about the bigger gap to his right.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    2 shocking errors?? I don't recall but he's had way more decent games for us than bad ones and is a decent keeper imo

He did exactly the same against Partick as he did against Well, ie allowed a ball to go right across his 6 yard box to the far post The difference was Moult scored, the Partick player missed. He also dropped an innocuous shot at the feet of Partick players but Hanlon bailed him out. I'm not anti Rocky, I would love him to prove me wrong, but for now I think the defence have more confidence in Ross.

Ross

Did wonder why we signed Rocky to be first choice when Ross had been doing ok for us.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailsea Hibby View Post
    Did wonder why we signed Rocky to be first choice when Ross had been doing ok for us.
    because he is a better and more experienced keeper

@hibs.net private member

Rocky or Ross ?

Rocky's performance against Dunfermline last season , 2-2 at home, is up there with any performance I've seen from a Hibs goalkeeper ever...it was incredible....at his best he is the better Keeper.. he has not been at his best this season, Laidlaw is yet to let us down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigwheel; 03-10-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Sounded like a line from Red Dwarf, "Our Rob Or Ross"