hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Wireless charging

I've started to notice that all new phones seem to come with wireless charging. I've never had a problem charging my phone, and I don't need the option of charging my phone when I'm out for a meal or a drink. It's a case of solving a problem that doesn't exist imo. I charge my phone when I'm sleeping and if I need a further charge I plug my phone into the car battery. Currently phoned have he option to do both, but it's only a matter of time before the plug in charger is a thing of the past.
    Its like face recognition, another complete waste of time that will never only inconvenience people.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    You could probably argue the toss for a lot of things initially solving a problem that didn't exist though. Finger recognition unlocking for instance, thinking about it now that you've mentioned face recognition and I use my finger print to unlock my phone as second nature.

Although on wireless charging I generally agree - I charge my phone overnight and that usually does me fine for the days use. But things change and advance in ways that we can't always initially see how they will end up.
    Mon the Hibs.

I think it’s to do with people damaging the charging port of the phone and the cable by carelessly plugging/unlplugging the charger cable (never had any issues myself).

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it’s to do with people damaging the charging port of the phone and the cable by carelessly plugging/unlplugging the charger cable (never had any issues myself).
    Certainly the case with me. I would have had to either pay for a repair or replace my phone by now where it not for my Samsung charging pad.

Whilst it's a preventable problem that I caused myself it's still nice to have a solution.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've started to notice that all new phones seem to come with wireless charging. I've never had a problem charging my phone, and I don't need the option of charging my phone when I'm out for a meal or a drink. It's a case of solving a problem that doesn't exist imo. I charge my phone when I'm sleeping and if I need a further charge I plug my phone into the car battery. Currently phoned have he option to do both, but it's only a matter of time before the plug in charger is a thing of the past.
    Its like face recognition, another complete waste of time that will never only inconvenience people.
    Honestly - if you're out all day and trying to punt on horses etc using your phone, the Iphone battery does not last long