hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Shaun Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Away you go and no need for the tone.

I’ll decide which discussions I take part in thanks. Like everyone else I’m going on what’s been reported.

It’s enough info for some to have decided the sentence need to be changed and people have been very vocal in that. I happen to have another view which is that on the balance of what I’ve read I can see why it was set as it is.

Having a law degree does mean I tend to look at this stuff from that point of view, taking away the fact it may be local, linked to a Hibs player etc.
    No one cares about if you have a law degree, this isn’t about you Andy! You seriously need to come into the real world things like this aren’t just clear cut.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’ll decide which discussions I take part in thanks. Like everyone else I’m going on what’s been reported.

It’s enough info for some to have decided the sentence need to be changed and people have been very vocal in that. I happen to have another view which is that on the balance of what I’ve read I can see why it was set as it is.

Having a law degree does mean I tend to look at this stuff from that point of view, taking away the fact it may be local, linked to a Hibs player etc.

Only way to look at it is objectively, setting aside the understandable emotion on display here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Only way to look at it is objectively, setting aside the understandable emotion on display here.
    Here’s a wild thought... people are looking at this objectively, studying the case and still not understanding the stupid sentence, hence the anger and disappointment rising from people who want to seek a more deserving punishment

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    As long as we have a government that wants to centralise everything leading to doing away with local policing in favour of a countrywide force and then cutting back to save money we will have these incidents.In the old days(hate to use that term but..)these thugs would never have reached Leith but would have been picked up long before.Look at the recent bonfire night-the police were forced off the streets.Meanwhile the Scotnats want to move to a judicial system where anyone who would have been sentenced to 12 months or less will not be jailed-regardless of the crime.I suggest some of you have a word with Kenny Macaskill the next time you see him at Easter Road-he started this off.
    Have a word with yourself bringing that nonsense onto this thread.

"Having a law degree"..... deary me, that's cringeworthy. Whatever you've done with it, I can guarantee it isn't to practice criminal law.

Nevertheless you're going on 'what's reported', what you read in the papers, which has actually been very little.

And rather than - like any good lawyer can - be able to argue BOTH sides of the argument, you're really just sort of trolling, or at he least being deliberately obtuse, while having nothing to say other than a wee bit of innuendo.

Sad.

This has veered off topic so probably best to close it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.