hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaun Woodburn

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Is that what is classed as justice? An absolute farce of a sentence, they were out to cause injury and harm and ended someone's life FFS.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scandalous sentence.

I was convinced that with the other assaults and the clear intent to engage in violence, if not kill someone, he would get a hefty sentence. 4 years is a disgrace.

I accept there should be a rehabilitation aspect to dealing with crime but that should run parallel to a suitable level of punishment.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scandalous sentence.

I was convinced that with the other assaults and the clear intent to engage in violence, if not kill someone, he would get a hefty sentence. 4 years is a disgrace.

I accept there should be a rehabilitation aspect to dealing with crime but that should run parallel to a suitable level of punishment.
    A family has lost a son, parents have lost a loved one but also a means of support. I kind of think the sentence of the guilty needs to involve a form of debt servitude to the familiy affected.

I thought Danny looked really good when he came on as sub v Aberdeen. He’ll do well as I’m sure we’ll all be giving him the backing he needs.

@hibs.net private member
    I generally don't comment on stuff like this on here but this is an absolute disgrace.

I honestly can't understand those sentences. I'm very much a wooly hearted liberal about most matters in life but if you go around attacking people all night and end up killing one of them, you deserve to be inside for a long, long time.

Little wannabe hardmen out there will be seeing this as a green light to go around doing as they please.

Crown can appeal which hopefully they do

First Team Breakthrough hibsmum's Avatar
    There’s also a little girl who has lost her dad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I generally don't comment on stuff like this on here but this is an absolute disgrace.

I honestly can't understand those sentences. I'm very much a wooly hearted liberal about most matters in life but if you go around attacking people all night and end up killing one of them, you deserve to be inside for a long, long time.

Little wannabe hardmen out there will be seeing this as a green light to go around doing as they please.
    Exactly - this shocking, pathetic sentence is as far away from being a deterrent as is possible !

Ridiculous sentence. Also don't agree with the guys name being withheld for legal reasons. Surely if you do the crime you should be named and shamed. Especially after being found guilty.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmum View Post
    There’s also a little girl who has lost her dad
    That's the worst part of this whole sorry story for me as a dad of a 2 year old little girl. She won't remember him (in person) regardless of the love that was there and this boy will be out before primary school? Sickening.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    That is a shocking punishment, how the judge can come up with 4 bloody years is criminal in itself. I hope there is an appeal by the family on this.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    Fine, manslaughter, happy?
    I’m far from happy when someone has lost their life.

There is legal distinction in the terms for a reason though.

I think 4 yrs is light on this occasion but it is important to understand that sentences are different when circumstances suggest that the intention wasn’t to kill someone.

Going round attacking folk obviously is extremely unpleasant behaviour and it had a tragic ending. I think that sentencing has also considered that at this point it wasn’t just an attack, it was a fight with people coming out the pub armed with things like pool cues.

As I said I think 4 yrs is still light though.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    The worlds goosed , these guys go on the rampage and one gets 240 hours community service , he will be laughing at that. I really hate this country at times listening to these politicians spouting crap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The intent was there with the 3 of them, they were looking for bother, and a poor guy and his family have become the victims ...young offenders are over.protected by a weak justice set up that thinks, these acts of violence are mistakes by the young person so give.them a chance by a short sentence ....disgusting sentence !!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    #justiceforShaun
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-ju...=petition_show

That’s a link to a petition to ask for the sentence to be appealed hopefully it’s ok to post it here

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post

That’s a link to a petition to ask for the sentence to be appealed hopefully it’s ok to post it here
    Signed, can’t believe how his family & friends will be feeling absolutely ridiculous sentence.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    As I've quoted many times, "the Law is an ass". Sadly, sentences like these provide the best examples of it. Utterly disgraceful.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post

Signed. Disgusting sentence for what he did.

United we stand here....

Truly discusting sentence. No justice.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    As I've quoted many times, "the Law is an ass". Sadly, sentences like these provide the best examples of it. Utterly disgraceful.
    Genuine question, is the sentence comparable to those handed down to those with similar convictions?
    Kicking it in Wellington .

And if I read correctly that is with a not guilty plea, which should attract a higher sentence in itself. Hope those victims (families) can try to put it behind them at least now that the trial is over.
    Last edited by andybev1; 09-11-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yep. Surprised this ended up with murder charges. Reads very much like a fight that involved a tragic consequence but not murder.

A lawyer doing his job of course but Danny being accused of discrepancies in his evidence and suffering from selective amnesia!
    When a guys lying on the ground unconscious, unable to defend himself, unable to protect his body in the natural defensive mode and some idiot takes it upon himself to ferociously kick that person on the head like a football, the head being probably the most dangerous place to inflict such a blow, then I’m sorry, that person knows within, in this case himself, that he is going to inflict major trauma, then that in my mind is nothing short of murder.

Petition signed

Disgusting sentence for a thug who was going out his way all that night looking to cause hurt and damage to anyone he could. As has been said, a little girl lost her dad, a wife her husband and parents their son, a tragic loss but an even more baffling sentence, hopefully it will be looked at and changed.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    Genuine question, is the sentence comparable to those handed down to those with similar convictions?
    This doesn't directly answer your question, but the link below has the sentencing remarks from another recent case, also a culpable homicide conviction, where the length of sentence was similar but there was a guilty plea and where the circumstances couldn't have been more different. (Had the plea not been guilty, the sentence would have been 5 years).

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk...llister-Gordon
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Really thought the way things were panning out that they were clearing a path to nail the guy (dropping:accepting reduced charges for the others). Awful awful awful
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Farcical.

I wonder what the mitigating factors that the judge took into account were? Accused being under the influence? Some members of the bar armed themselves and were fighting back? I'm normally not a 'lock em up and throw away the key' person but that sentence is a total affront to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    Fingers crossed he gets a fist or two up the jet fighter while inside.
    Aye lovely prisoners dishing out justice.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Aye lovely prisoners dishing out justice.
    I'd be quite happy for prisoners to dish out some real punishment in this case, wouldn't call it justice mind.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    Fingers crossed he gets a fist or two up the jet fighter while inside.
    It always seems to be the common belief that somehow some form of retribution will be handed out by fellow prisoners. The truth of the matter is they will more than likely be joining like minded **** who will think nothing of their crimes and just countt them as another member of the club