hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaun Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't see it.

Given the other convictions along with this one he's looking at 16 years plus imo.
    Very little chance of him getting that long, soft touch court system ....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    I've been following this case online. So very sad. Whilst glad to know he got convicted, how did his friends get off despite them involved with 5 other punch ups that same night. Horrific individuals.
    One had all the charges against him dropped during the trial, the other was seemingly not involved in the assault against the victim but involved in other fights with other people from the pub, the young lad has been found guilty of culpable homicide, he was found guilty of punching the victim which caused him to strike his head on the pavement.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Having been beaten up by a gang in Portobello high street when I was 16/17 ( the main culprit threatening to ‘jib’ me while others held me against a wall) it’s a terrible feeling of helplessness and haunted me for a number of years. Pretty traumatic for Swanson and of course even more so for the poor guys family. Kicking someone in the head when they are on the ground is risking killing them a fair proportion of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Surely we value life more than this

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Hopefully someone will get to him inside

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    They sound like a right bunch of horrible ****s. Never realised they were involved in bother earlier in the evening.

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    They sound like a right bunch of horrible ****s. Never realised they were involved in bother earlier in the evening.
    Yeah, they were out looking for trouble and not fussy who they started it. The guy who's been charged was also on FB in the days after the attack showing absolutely no remorse and wasn't hiding his involvement in it. Glad he's got what's coming to him, I suspect there may be more ahead for him inside too..

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    Yeah, they were out looking for trouble and not fussy who they started it. The guy who's been charged was also on FB in the days after the attack showing absolutely no remorse and wasn't hiding his involvement in it. Glad he's got what's coming to him, I suspect there may be more ahead for him inside too..
    Seen that at the time. Openly bragging about it saying things like “chat **** get banged” etc. Folk like these guys deserve to die.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    hopefully someone will get to him inside
    ffs.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Seen that at the time. Openly bragging about it saying things like “chat **** get banged” etc. Folk like these guys deserve to die.
    That's probably the same attitude he had.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can't see it.

Given the other convictions along with this one he's looking at 16 years plus imo.
    Nah 10 years max imo.

4 years

Left by mutual consent!
    Brutal.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Total injustice for what they done

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Out in 3 years tops no doubt if he behaves inside.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    4 years
    This is getting like the dot count thread.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This is getting like the dot count thread.
    No, Thats the ctual sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Out in 3 years tops no doubt if he behaves inside.
    9 month

Left by mutual consent!
    4 years for taking a man's life ??? - absolute disgrace !. I can't imagine how Shaun Woodburn's family and friends feel right now, that a supposedly 'learned & intelligent' person - the judge - has shown so much contempt and disdain for Shaun Woodburn and them with such an disgraceful 'sentence' (more of a slap on the wrists, tbh !). It's high time our judicial-system got a massive boot-up-the-xxxx and I'd start with getting rid of those clowns who sit in judgement, with a daft bit of hay on their heads (wtf is that for or meant to show ??) - they're so out of touch with not just modern-society but all society - they live on a different planet !. No-one questions them or dares to, their word is quite literally the law !. They're isolated from normal life and know nothing of it and this appalling sentence just proves it !

11 months already spent in jail awaiting trial so he will be out on 13 month

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    4 years

astonishing, such a low value to put on a victims life, i hope the prosecution appeals such leniency by a tw@t that sits in a silly hat/wig
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 08-11-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    4 years for taking a man's life ??? - absolute disgrace !. I can't imagine how Shaun Woodburn's family and friends feel right now, that a supposedly 'learned & intelligent' person - the judge - has shown so much contempt and disdain for Shaun Woodburn and them with such an disgraceful 'sentence' (more of a slap on the wrists, tbh !). It's high time our judicial-system got a massive boot-up-the-xxxx and I'd start with getting rid of those clowns who sit in judgement, with a daft bit of hay on their heads (wtf is that for or meant to show ??) - they're so out of touch with not just modern-society but all society - they live on a different planet !. No-one questions them or dares to, their word is quite literally the law !. They're isolated from normal life and know nothing of it and this appalling sentence just proves it !
    And should anyone take retribution on the **** bag that committed the crime, they'd face 15-20 years. Its madness.

Plus the fact he was rampaging through town attacking others ahead of this fatal encounter. Disgusting!!

Kids have the law wrapped up in a nice little bundle for them. Can do whatever the **** they want and know there is little in consequences for them. Maybe some kind of poetic justice will be served.

That is scary! Is there another society in the work that is this lenient with murder!? That poor mans family.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    That's a disgrace and the judge who handed it out should be taken round the back and shot.

No wonder there are so many growing up with such disregard for the law when 4 years is the punishment for, for want of a better word, the ultimate crime.

These wee rats are nothing more than murderers and the sentance is sickening. They should've got more than 4 years for the crime they commited before they even reached the boozer.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    That is scary! Is there another society in the work that is this lenient with murder!? That poor mans family.
    It wasn’t murder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It wasn’t murder though.
    Fine, manslaughter, happy?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    That's a disgrace and the judge who handed it out should be taken round the back and shot.

No wonder there are so many growing up with such disregard for the law when 4 years is the punishment for, for want of a better word, the ultimate crime.

These wee rats are nothing more than murderers and the sentance is sickening. They should've got more than 4 years for the crime they commited before they even reached the boozer.
    The sad fact is the wee **** will be boasting about it, come out with a reputation and be even worse.

Fingers crossed he gets a fist or two up the jet fighter while inside.

240 hours of community service for the other lad, total joke