hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member

Are You A ST Holder Unable To Attend The Derby?

We have had several "sell outs" over the past 3-4 seasons; however it's not uncommon for there to be hundreds of empty seats during the match itself.

If you are a season ticker holder who is unable to attend the upcoming Derby, why not contact the ticket office on 0131 656 7066 and have you seat released for another supporter to purchase? This way, everyone benefits - fellow supporters, the club and the players.

It would be great to see ER as packed as possible and all unused ST released for sale to supporters looking for a ticket.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Not sure everyone benefits from this, what does the season ticket holder get?

A warm fuzzy feeling inside.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A warm fuzzy feeling inside.
    THIS , unable to attend the derby so seat released , so who ever gets it please make a lot of noise.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    What does the ST holder lose by doing it? It certainly benefits Hibs thats for sure.

Up till now it hasn't been an imperative as seats were available in the South (I think that's right anyway). But this time the South won't be available so no excuses if you don't bother to re-cycle tickets - it will make a difference.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?
    I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.

I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.
    The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.
    Must be a lot of people from the East just go in and squeeze in with their mates - standing or even sitting in the stairway near Section 83 - I've seen it mobbed there (across in my safe West seat).

Anyway, if they are not in their seats how do you know how old they are?

To be fair I think the huns give you credit for next seasons ticket if you do this. Maybe Hibs could give this a thought?

If I struggle to go to a game I have enough mates who will gladly take my ticket the tight fisted bar stewards.

Why would you expect them to get anything for freeing up their seat? It’s about making for a better atmosphere, giving folk who’ve missed out on a ticket another chance and raising some extra cash for the club. Do you not reckon that’s far better than having a couple of hundred empty seats?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Ask not what your club can do for you, but rather what you can do for your club! I did it myself for the Motherwell game when me and the boy were in the Dunbar end with my daughter. Could see folk sitting in our seats in FF upper

A football club with more disposable income? This better players?

Anyway I'll probably put one or both of my son's season ticket seats back up as there's no chance they'll make it.

It would be good if it was easier to do though e.g. online.

Jeez... you buy a seat and can't use it let a fellow fan and the club benefit.

A lot of the tickets for night matches that are not used are probably cut price kids season tickets. Whats wrong with an adult paying full price for it and all that extra cash going to the mangers kitty for next season.

I'm in this position as stated by the original poster - I won't be able to attend the derby.

However, I won't be freeing up my seats for others.

I paid for these seats for the season, whether I can attend or not, and I feel that it's inappropriate to renegotiate the contract in the club's favour on this ad hoc basis.

Additionally, I'm a busy man and there remains the opportunity cost of picking up the phone and going through a potentially time consuming transaction - precious moments that could be spent adding to my own fortune or giving me pleasure looking at the niche websites of my choice.

So no, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I'm in this position as stated by the original poster - I won't be able to attend the derby.

However, I won't be freeing up my seats for others.

I paid for these seats for the season, whether I can attend or not, and I feel that it's inappropriate to renegotiate the contract in the club's favour on this ad hoc basis.

Additionally, I'm a busy man and there remains the opportunity cost of picking up the phone and going through a potentially time consuming transaction - precious moments that could be spent adding to my own fortune or giving me pleasure looking at the niche websites of my choice.

So no, not for me.
    Enjoyed that

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Just phoned Hibs and released my Dads ST for tomorrow - West Upper BB 25

Should be on the system shortly.

No ********s please

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Just phoned Hibs and released my Dads ST for tomorrow - West Upper BB 25

Should be on the system shortly.

No ********s please

The match has been removed from the e ticketing website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The match has been removed from the e ticketing website.
    Possibly a waiting list being kept?
    Hope so.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It would be nice if most of the seats in the FF5 lower that are unused most weeks, were released back to Hibs. £25 seats/tickets that hardly ever have fans in them??????

Good post Bounceross

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Agree about the empty seats in the FF. It's folk basically paying £25 to guarantee themselves cup final tickets with no intention of the seats being used through the season.

Not so sure about folk giving up their ST for a random to take the seat. Could be a right ass who buys it and your mates or family have to suffer!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Agree about the empty seats in the FF. It's folk basically paying £25 to guarantee themselves cup final tickets with no intention of the seats being used through the season.

Not so sure about folk giving up their ST for a random to take the seat. Could be a right ass who buys it and your mates or family have to suffer!

I honestly don't think alot of people think like this, people buy them because its a good deal and whilst the kids may not go to every game it makes financial sense to buy this, but your right slag the guys that put money up front at the start of the season and not the johnny come lateleys who only want to go to the derby.

It has to be someone on the dbase no?

I agree to an extent that some people did that but the vast majority don't. My son has a season ticket and has missed midweek games in particular as he was too young then, or when it clashes with his football training

He will likely miss Sunday lunchtime ko too. Folk seem to get bothered by others who miss games. We should just be grateful any season tickets are bought in the first place. Selling out has only been a problem recently - a good problem to be having

I think a lot of folk will actually do what I do. I got a £25 ST for my kids to share as it worked out the same price to add the seat as it did to pay for my single adult ticket. My eldest has a little interest in football but will come to the odd game, whilst my youngest is football daft but is only 3, so unlikely to sit the whole time. Therefore they will come to a few games over the season but not be there every week. At £25 you don't lose out but you have the ease of knowing there is a seat beside you when needed.

Neither will be at the derby but I'll be contracting the TO to release the seat.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibee_again View Post
    I think a lot of folk will actually do what I do. I got a £25 ST for my kids to share as it worked out the same price to add the seat as it did to pay for my single adult ticket. My eldest has a little interest in football but will come to the odd game, whilst my youngest is football daft but is only 3, so unlikely to sit the whole time. Therefore they will come to a few games over the season but not be there every week. At £25 you don't lose out but you have the ease of knowing there is a seat beside you when needed.

Neither will be at the derby but I'll be contracting the TO to release the seat.
    I totally get that and I'm sure for the majority of people that buy the kids tickets do so with the right intentions.

There is however nothing stopping me buying a ST there and also purchasing a kids one with no intention of it ever being used.

Fast forward to our annual trip to a cup final and I'll now be able to buy 4 tickets.

I could sell 3 of them on eBay for mega bucks!

Before anyone goes all radge on me I would never do that but you get my point.

There are, as ever, lots of claims of people buying kids STs in the FF Front purely to cash in on Cup Finals, but as always there is no evidence whatsoever presented to back up that claim.

Presuming this actually happens, could anybody say just how many tickets are (allegedly) bought for these nefarious purposes, and then back up that figure with evidence?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I totally get that and I'm sure for the majority of people that buy the kids tickets do so with the right intentions.

There is however nothing stopping me buying a ST there and also purchasing a kids one with no intention of it ever being used.

Fast forward to our annual trip to a cup final and I'll now be able to buy 4 tickets.

I could sell 3 of them on eBay for mega bucks!

Before anyone goes all radge on me I would never do that but you get my point.
    Presumably you could also buy a ST for £25, and upgrade at £10 a time for any game you went to.

Season ticket for £225...

The number of people who actually do that though, I suspect minimal.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?
    No.