hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Are You A ST Holder Unable To Attend The Derby?

We have had several "sell outs" over the past 3-4 seasons; however it's not uncommon for there to be hundreds of empty seats during the match itself.

If you are a season ticker holder who is unable to attend the upcoming Derby, why not contact the ticket office on 0131 656 7066 and have you seat released for another supporter to purchase? This way, everyone benefits - fellow supporters, the club and the players.

It would be great to see ER as packed as possible and all unused ST released for sale to supporters looking for a ticket.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Not sure everyone benefits from this, what does the season ticket holder get?

A warm fuzzy feeling inside.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does the ST holder lose by doing it? It certainly benefits Hibs thats for sure.

Up till now it hasn't been an imperative as seats were available in the South (I think that's right anyway). But this time the South won't be available so no excuses if you don't bother to re-cycle tickets - it will make a difference.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It would be nice if most of the seats in the FF5 lower that are unused most weeks, were released back to Hibs. £25 seats/tickets that hardly ever have fans in them??????

Good post Bounceross

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Agree about the empty seats in the FF. It's folk basically paying £25 to guarantee themselves cup final tickets with no intention of the seats being used through the season.

Not so sure about folk giving up their ST for a random to take the seat. Could be a right ass who buys it and your mates or family have to suffer!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Ask not what your club can do for you, but rather what you can do for your club! I did it myself for the Motherwell game when me and the boy were in the Dunbar end with my daughter. Could see folk sitting in our seats in FF upper

A football club with more disposable income? This better players?

Anyway I'll probably put one or both of my son's season ticket seats back up as there's no chance they'll make it.

It would be good if it was easier to do though e.g. online.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Jesus. Are you genuinely expecting something in return for helping our club?
    I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Sorry for being ignorant, but will the club not recompense some of the money to the st holder?
    No.

I’ll be in my seat so no I’m not expecting anything, it was a question but it’s probably been answered now, they don’t appear to get anything.

Season ticket holders already help by buying in advance, I assume the majority of empty seats are people taking advantage of the cheap kids seats in the FF lower just to get a cup ticket.
    The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    No.
    Really? That's **** tbh , why not?

To be fair I think the huns give you credit for next seasons ticket if you do this. Maybe Hibs could give this a thought?

If I struggle to go to a game I have enough mates who will gladly take my ticket the tight fisted bar stewards.

The last few sold out games the east stand had much bigger gaps than the ff lower. Yet for some reason no one there gets stick.

Presumably because it's easier to slate people under 12 who have no right to reply.
    Must be a lot of people from the East just go in and squeeze in with their mates - standing or even sitting in the stairway near Section 83 - I've seen it mobbed there (across in my safe West seat).

Anyway, if they are not in their seats how do you know how old they are?

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Must be a lot of people from the East just go in and squeeze in with their mates - standing or even sitting in the stairway near Section 83 - I've seen it mobbed there (across in my safe West seat).

Anyway, if they are not in their seats how do you know how old they are?
    People are complaining £25 season ticket holders, they have to be under 12.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    They do, but the seats are always empty.

What’s your solution

Yea OK - just a wee joke.

Anyway, it isn't 12 year olds forking out £25 for empty seats to make sure they get cup tickets.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    You've paid for the seat, it's up to you if you go to the game or not it will still have cost you the same amount of money either way.

If your not going to one of the biggest matches of the season an your season ticket seat is sitting empty all that your really doing is preventing someone else, who might not be able to afford or commit to a season ticket who wants to back the team against hearts, from attending.

You've already lost the money if you don't go, why not let hibs earn another £30 from your unused seat which will help the playing budget without expecting something in return?

If it's a sell out why not give a portion of the money back to the holder? It would maybe encourage people who know that they can't attend every game to buy a ST?

You bought the season ticket at the start of the season knowing that you were committing yourself to buying a seat for 19 home league games. If you then can't go to any of those games, why would the club be expected to recompense you?

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    You've paid for the seat, it's up to you if you go to the game or not it will still have cost you the same amount of money either way.

If your not going to one of the biggest matches of the season an your season ticket seat is sitting empty all that your really doing is preventing someone else, who might not be able to afford or commit to a season ticket who wants to back the team against hearts, from attending.

You've already lost the money if you don't go, why not let hibs earn another £30 from your unused seat which will help the playing budget without expecting something in return?

👍 Sadly some people would rather see there seat empty than help the club they support or a fellow fan get to a match..

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Yea OK - just a wee joke.

Anyway, it isn't 12 year olds forking out £25 for empty seats to make sure they get cup tickets.
    The £25 child tickets need to be bought with an adult one. If people are doing as you suggest then it's for an extra cup ticket as they'd already qualify for one themselves. While it's possible that does happen I'd be inclined to believe the vast majority of those £25 tickets are bought legitimately with a view to introducing kids to the matchday experience and they simply don't attend every game for a variety of possible reasons.

There's always a jibe about these tickets but never heard anyone complaining when we had 7000 st's? My 3 tickets are nearly £500 and we can only make 5-6 games per season, eldest has now graduated from the £25 to youth ticket and in time hopefully that becomes a full adult too, its a great scheme and shouldn't be abandoned because we're enjoying a good spell, these are the future and just because someone can't make the derby then we shouldn't did and for a few grumpy beggars, as has been said the South has been available for other games.
    Yes we have told ticket office to sell our seats for every game we have missed this season.

I gave our seats back to the club today as we can't make the game and they were very appreciative of the gesture. If Hibs get more support on the night then it has to be a good thing. We'll be on a (hopefully) sunny Greek island in a bar watching events unfold. Last time I seen a derby in Greece we won 6 - 2. Just saying....

Why would you expect them to get anything for freeing up their seat? It’s about making for a better atmosphere, giving folk who’ve missed out on a ticket another chance and raising some extra cash for the club. Do you not reckon that’s far better than having a couple of hundred empty seats?

Testimonial Due
    I'm not really sure saying "You paid for the seat, it's up to you whether or not you go" is compatible with trying to suggest there's some kind of duty to inform the club if you can't/aren't going.

If you can't go to the game, don't you just pass your season ticket to a friend? That's what I do.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    If you can't go to the game, don't you just pass your season ticket to a friend? That's what I do.

Judging by some of the grumpy soul sapping pish spouted on here I suspect there's a good chance that's just not a viable option for some contributers

Jeez... you buy a seat and can't use it let a fellow fan and the club benefit.

A lot of the tickets for night matches that are not used are probably cut price kids season tickets. Whats wrong with an adult paying full price for it and all that extra cash going to the mangers kitty for next season.