hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keith Jackson Morelos Article

Had a look around and couldnīt see this anywhere else.

I wonīt link to the paper in question, but I was shocked to hear on the Terrace Podcast (if you donīt listen you should) about the most recent shambles involving a certain award-winning Scottish football journalist. While interviewing the agent of Alfredo Morelos, he peppered his copy with essentially a bunch of cocaine puns.

That such a prominent member of the press thinks it acceptable to write something not only so potentially offensive, but equally lazy, is pretty horrible. As was the sheer whataboutery of his response to a (admitedly hyperbolic) statement by SRTRC.

I know this isnīt a big deal for most Hibs fans, but having in lived in Colombia I found it absolutely baffling that both Jackson and his editor found that acceptable.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Jackson's a fud so not surprised.

My thoughts are that Jackson is a lying welt of a man and also a very poor journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by GST1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I wonīt link to the paper in question, but I was shocked to hear on the Terrace Podcast (if you donīt listen you should) about the most recent shambles involving a certain award-winning Scottish football journalist. While interviewing the agent of Alfredo Morelos, he peppered his copy with essentially a bunch of cocaine puns.

That such a prominent member of the press thinks it acceptable to write something not only so potentially offensive, but equally lazy, is pretty horrible. As was the sheer whataboutery of his response to a (admitedly hyperbolic) statement by SRTRC.

I know this isnīt a big deal for most Hibs fans, but having in lived in Colombia I found it absolutely baffling that both Jackson and his editor found that acceptable.

Thoughts?
    Jackson and his editor probably enjoy the odd line. But that aside, lazy foreigner-stereotyping, casually racist ***** from a British red-top is surprising in what way exactly?

@hibs.net private member
    Jackson is awful. Truly terrible journalist.

Not a big fan of The Terrace podcast either. Hearts fan on it can be unbearable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Jackson is awful. Truly terrible journalist.

Not a big fan of The Terrace podcast either. Hearts fan on it can be unbearable at times.
    Thereīs a few Jambos on it. Most are fine but one is right smug. I donīt think thereīs anything that covers Scottish football in as much detail or as well, especially considering that itīs almost entirely voluntary.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Thereīs a few Jambos on it. Most are fine but one is right smug. I donīt think thereīs anything that covers Scottish football in as much detail or as well, especially considering that itīs almost entirely voluntary.
    I have a feeling its Joel you're talking about, but apart from being a Jambo, he's actually alright. He does a bit of writing for the Evening news now covering both Hibs and Hearts and actually comes across really well when covering Hibs.

One thing I would say tho - if you have a chance to listen to the post cup final terrace podcast, do so. Totally worth it just to listen to Joels reaction - as well as the sheer delight of the Hibby on it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    My thoughts are that Jackson is a lying welt of a man and also a very poor journalist.
    Apparently Jackson knows nothing about this.

It was Kevin Thomson that wrote it in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I have a feeling its Joel you're talking about, but apart from being a Jambo, he's actually alright. He does a bit of writing for the Evening news now covering both Hibs and Hearts and actually comes across really well when covering Hibs.

One thing I would say tho - if you have a chance to listen to the post cup final terrace podcast, do so. Totally worth it just to listen to Joels reaction - as well as the sheer delight of the Hibby on it.
    Can you provide a link?

Lazy journalist writes lazy article using lazy and tired puns.

It would be a bigger story if that **** actually wrote something worth reading.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can you provide a link?
    http://terracepodcast.net/show-they-...t-they-won-it/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Jackson and his editor probably enjoy the odd line. But that aside, lazy foreigner-stereotyping, casually racist ***** from a British red-top is surprising in what way exactly?
    I had a look around and just at random, there's another piece in today's press about another foreign player in the U.K.

Jonathan Wilson writing about Kevin de Bruyne. I've read some excellent stuff from Wilson, this is one of his shorter, lighter pieces but it just shows the gap between tabloid filler and properly-researched and thought-out football writing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...anchester-city
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    Keith Jackshun making supposedly witty comments about taking coke. Well I never, hope he doesnt make a habit of it!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The guys a stinking journalist who has absolutely nothing interesting to say about Scottish football. The **** on my shoe and clouds are further ahead of him on the list of things I would canvass opinion of Scottish football from before talking to that absolute welt.

I saw this on Twitter last week.

Tbf it just confirms what we all already knew.....keith Jackson is a fud.

Testimonial Due
    I cant for the life of me understand why any right thinking person, particuarly a Hibs fan, would bother reading anything produced by that hun cretin.

Clicks and reads is what keeps him in a job, clicling and hating it then promoting it does him as much good as if you clicked on it and loved it.

Just ignore him, pretend he doesnt exist, that will hurt him most

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolute knobber of a guy and disliked throughout the Scottish game. Effectively a patsy for Java.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I had a look around and just at random, there's another piece in today's press about another foreign player in the U.K.

Jonathan Wilson writing about Kevin de Bruyne. I've read some excellent stuff from Wilson, this is one of his shorter, lighter pieces but it just shows the gap between tabloid filler and properly-researched and thought-out football writing.

There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Pieces like that are effectively from a different planet when compared to Jackson and the horde of perpetual pish "analysis" the Scottish game gets accorded (most of the time)

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People complaining about puns? On hibs.net? Surely not!

Seriously, though, what a walloper Jackson is. I'm surprised he wrote anything that could cause upset to the The's supporters and players.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Pieces like that are effectively from a different planet when compared to Jackson and the horde of perpetual pish "analysis" the Scottish game gets accorded (most of the time)
    Agree completely.

The question is why we don't have it for the Scottish game.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Agree completely.

The question is why we don't have it for the Scottish game.
    Perpetual bugbear of mine.

The football coverage in the UK broadsheets is superb - the tabloids basically recycle old stories and pieces with new names in.

Its the difference between football journalists/reporters and football writers imo.

For some reason, we have few of the latter and dozens of the former.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

The football coverage in the UK broadsheets is superb - the tabloids basically recycle old stories and pieces with new names in.

Its the difference between football journalists/reporters and football writers imo.

When you think that Scotland produced journalists of the quality of McIlvanney, Rafferty, Fairgrieve, Wood, Barclay & Archer, today's crop of semi-literate, sycophantic OF lackeys leaves you in despair.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Jackshun is a walloper. Not very bright at all.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    When you think that Scotland produced journalists of the quality of McIlvanney, Rafferty, Fairgrieve, Wood, Barclay & Archer, today's crop of semi-literate, sycophantic OF lackeys leaves you in despair.
    It's sad, because there is a rich seam to mine for a decent journalist. Lots of content to be derived at various levels of the game.

Scotland has a history of talent across all areas in the literary world. It's disappointing that we seem to have lost our way in describing our national sport.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Take your average Guardian reader or your average Daily Record reader.

There's your answer right there as to why the standard is higher down south.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Add Crampsey to the list. McIlvanney is probably the best football journalist (arguably even sports) there's ever been.

Then you have an embarrassment like Jackshun. It's like comparing Real Madrid to a pub team. Should be writing jokes for Christmas crackers. That is about his level.
    Last edited by Baader; 28-09-2017 at 11:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    No point looking back. Will just make you unhappy. Best for everyone, in the current setup, if we all just move on. Current **** will recur, of course, but at least we'll be looking forwards rather than backwards.

Thoughts?
    Not read article but said this before. Ive gone press at hampden and the toilets were full of dust.