hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7

Neil Lennon talksport

sounds to me like he would love to put one over them with the way he spoke this morning,
    he still has strong feelings for them but he is 100% behind Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sounds to me like he would love to put one over them with the way he spoke this morning,
    he still has strong feelings for them but he is 100% behind Hibs
    What gave you that impression? Usual 98% Celtic and 2% hibs

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Of course he has feelings for them, but he wants hibs to take something out of the game. Best hibs manager in a long time.

Left by mutual consent!
    How can NL be able to not put one over on Celtic exactly? Tell players dont bother? Pick players out of position?

NL will pick his best team and it is then upto the players to do it.

I really think NL gets us as a club. He said last season that Hibs have got under his skin. This really is a special club and if you do well here then you're a hero. NL is a Celtic supporter which is fine but he'll be going all out to beat them and I really think we'll take something on Saturday.

I think professionals view these things very differently from supporters and can separate the professional from the supporter. On wednesday in the house he would have applauded there goals and been happy with the result. On saturday he will pitting his wits against Brendan Rodgers. He will be testing himself as a manager and viewing his players to see what they are made of. He is not trying to get one over on celtc. The same goes for LG, he will be testing himself against different defensive players, he will be trying to add to his tally and gain a win bonus, not trying to get one over on Hibs. If LG scores I don't expect him to over celebrate or tie scarves to goalposts and if we score I don't expect Lennie to hand out any get it up you gestures or even cup his ears.

Hibs manager wants to win next match.Pretty earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I really think NL gets us as a club. He said last season that Hibs have got under his skin. This really is a special club and if you do well here then you're a hero. NL is a Celtic supporter which is fine but he'll be going all out to beat them and I really think we'll take something on Saturday.
    For the bit in bold I kind of share your optimism.
    Only tempered that I've seen a few games where Celtic were second best but their firepower nicked something for them.
    However, there's something special about this Hibs team and the likes of McGinn, Stokes (in his fit & revitalised form), Boyle & Slivka will be unknown quantities for them. Fingers crossed we do it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Lack of Professionalism is one of the things you can't level at Lennon.

His high aspirations should see us strive to do the best we can.

Afterall he's got his reputation to consider too he'll want to pit himself as a manager up against the best and give it his best shot.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Lennon said in the Scotsman that he wouldn't celebrate a win v Celtic. I found it a bit strange. Nit imagining him giving it the GIRFUY, but he maybe should be a bit better at seperating his past from the present?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ltic-1-4573198

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Lennon said in the Scotsman that he wouldn't celebrate a win v Celtic. I found it a bit strange. Nit imagining him giving it the GIRFUY, but he maybe should be a bit better at seperating his past from the present?

i can honestly say, if we were to win, Lennon not celebrating wouldn't be a topic that I cared about......

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

I guess it depends on the context of the question?

He also said “But [ending the unbeaten run] makes no difference to me; it’s not my record. It is irrelevant to me that they are on this great run of domestic games. If we were to break it, so be it. It will end at some stage. But that wouldn’t make me any happier. It would be a fantastic win and three points. That’s all I’m thinking about"

Works for me

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    i can honestly say, if we were to win, Lennon not celebrating wouldn't be a topic that I cared about......
    True enough, but I don't like the media focus on him and his love for Celtic. He could be a bit more savvy and play the game a bit less obviously. Obviously this allegiance is a good earner for him too, gets him on the telly as a pundit and media exposure he wouldn't otherwise have.

I would prefer he said that he would be delighted if Hibs win, that he would celebrate his team's success and move on to the next game. That can't be too hard, can it?

When the Media talk to Lennon, they are only interested in Celtc. No matter what he says, they'll spin it to their agenda.

Today's DR has a story about Lennon that's 100% Celtc content.

True enough, but I don't like the media focus on him and his love for Celtic. He could be a bit more savvy and play the game a bit less obviously. Obviously this allegiance is a good earner for him too, gets him on the telly as a pundit and media exposure he wouldn't otherwise have.

I would prefer he said that he would be delighted if Hibs win, that he would celebrate his team's success and move on to the next game. That can't be too hard, can it?
    He also said : "If we get beat, I’ll be very upset".

So I think he will be delighted to beat the top team in Scotland and grab the 3 points. The fact it's the club he's supported all his life won't stop him going full pelt to get a result. He might not do cartwheels and pump the air with his fist but that is ok by me. I'd like to think Sparky and Hendo wouldn't celebrate either if they scored against Hibs. I get it.

Edit: just read this on BBC Scotland website;

Leigh Griffiths insists his love of Hibernian will prevent him from celebrating should he score against his boyhood heroes for Celtic on Saturday.
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 29-09-2017 at 08:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People underestimate professional pride. Both Neil Lennon and Leigh Grifiths will wat to win every game they are involved in.

Whether they celebrate or feel weird is irrelevant.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post