hibs.net Messageboard

Hughie Fury v Joseph Parker

Live on YouTube tonight for £14.99 (I daresay it can be found for something less that that though).

Interesting fight. I've yet to be totally convinced Parker is the real deal. He's well hyped by some but his last 2 fights have been pretty poor performances and I think he's there to be got at. He may well have enough to beat Fury tonight but I'm not sure he's an elite heavyweight. Fury hasn't fought a lot in terms of opposition, a few good journeymen but no one you could argue is really classy, so it's hard to pass real judgement on him. He looks technically sound and you can see he was a good amateur with good pedigree but this is a much sterner test.

Bookies have it pretty tight and I think it will be interesting if not spectacular.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

£14.99 they're having a laugh

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I agree not sure which way this will go, will answer questions about both of them I have, neither so far have shown they are in the elite level for me, all this does is set up one of AJs next victims, I feel the same about Wilder and his big swinging windmills as well all though I still think he's more dangerous than the other two

Looking more forward to Linares Campbell in the wee hours
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 23-09-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree not sure which way this will go, will answer questions about both of them I have, neither so far have shown they are in the elite level for me, all this does is set up one of AJs next victims, I feel the same about Wilder and his big swinging windmills as well all though I still think he's more dangerous than the other two

Looking more forward to Linares Campbell in the wee hours
    I forgot all about Linares v Campbell. Will set the alarm now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

What a boring fight, pretty much proves to me that AJ really is the class act at heavyweight just now, Fury is awkward but doesn't have the power to trouble that much, different story trying to hit him I suppose

Parker is too one dimensional with no movement and if he gets hit by a big hitter he's gone

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I forgot all about Linares v Campbell. Will set the alarm now.
    Do you not have a weeks old alarm that will ensure you are awake anyway;-)

Didn't think it was that wide to be honest, thought it was fairly even

Left by mutual consent!
    Wasn't particularly exciting but the right result. The Welsh numpty in commentary had it well in favour of Fury but wasn't sure what fight he was watching. Yeah, decent footwork etc but it's about what you do with your fists and Parker showed more aggression. Not sure it was as wide as 118 v 110 though.

Guys like Dilian Whyte will be watching that rubbing their hands, Parker is nowhere near elite level and is beatable. Whyte should be Parkers next opponent in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Wasn't particularly exciting but the right result. The Welsh numpty in commentary had it well in favour of Fury but wasn't sure what fight he was watching. Yeah, decent footwork etc but it's about what you do with your fists and Parker showed more aggression. Not sure it was as wide as 118 v 110 though.

Guys like Dilian Whyte will be watching that rubbing their hands, Parker is nowhere near elite level and is beatable. Whyte should be Parkers next opponent in my opinion.
    Would be a better fight to watch, least Whyte will stand and trade, I'd actually fancy him in that one, I see he's already telling Parker on twitter that he's pish

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Would be a better fight to watch, least Whyte will stand and trade, I'd actually fancy him in that one, I see he's already telling Parker on twitter that he's pish
    Yeah, can't see that going 12 rounds. Whyte is a wind up merchant, he did plenty trash talk before AJ fight!

Pretty poor fight. 118-110 was a bit wide but the correct fighter won.

I can't see Joshua or Wilder having any sleepless nights over Parker. If they were stupid enough to stand and trade with him he might cause 1 or 2 problems but he can be really wild and is so open to counters that I can only really see one outcome.

Campbell gave a decent account of himself v Linares but again I think the rihht fighter got the nod. The knockdown was key and it was always an uphill battle after that.