hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back at Hearts as a coach next week. Guaranteed

A total fud. I don't like to see folk losing their job, but I have no sympathy for him. A welt, a roaster, and a James Hunt of a man. Get it up him.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I'll go against the grain here. Like everyone I have no time for Houston, he was particularly graceless after their ridiculous play off win. However I think it's nonsense to sack him at this stage given what he's done for the club in the last few seasons. He'll be back in football soon.

Falkirk board has delusions of grandeur.They've had three good seasons well above normal expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Falkirk board has delusions of grandeur.They've had three good seasons well above normal expectations.
    I think that when they've finished in the play off positions in each of the last three seasons when they had Hibs, Hearts and Rangers to compete with, they would have been expecting to have been higher than second bottom by the end of September this season, when the Championship is arguably the weakest that it's been for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

A total fud. I don't like to see folk losing their job, but I have no sympathy for him. A welt, a roaster, and a James Hunt of a man. Get it up him.
    Tell us what you really think of him 😂

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'll go against the grain here. Like everyone I have no time for Houston, he was particularly graceless after their ridiculous play off win. However I think it's nonsense to sack him at this stage given what he's done for the club in the last few seasons. He'll be back in football soon.
    Completely agree. Just look at how many players they've lost over the past few seasons- it was gonna catch up with them eventually..

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

He has bad points too !

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think that when they've finished in the play off positions in each of the last three seasons when they had Hibs, Hearts and Rangers to compete with, they would have been expecting to have been higher than second bottom by the end of September this season, when the Championship is arguably the weakest that it's been for four years.
    Still seems poor that 3 seasons punching well above your weight doesn't buy you more than 7 games into a new season poor start or not.

Still it's Houston so I'll not lose too much sleep.

How do we know Falkirk sacked him? Before the season he was spouting pish saying he can’t take them any further etc.. I think without us, Hearts or The Rangers he lost the motivation for it. Guy is an utter clown who just wanted to play Hibs every week!

I think he’s chucked it and Falkirk have said fine you can leave. Really hope he struggles to find a job in Football or never gets another gig in management the fat red faced prick.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I agree. This could easily set them of on a string of short-lived appointments and mid-table mediocrity.

Fits the yam obsession with us so he will be heading for "The Office" soon I think.

I don't think he did himself any favours with his "budget" nonsense.

He had actually put a very decent squad together and they did well to finish ahead of us the year we won the cup. Moaning about budgets was disrespectful to his own players, who weren't too shabby.

He's done well for 3 years.

You can't hide from the fact though that they've had an awful start to the season, and this season there aren't really any excuses of having us, Hearts or Rangers in the league.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I can't stand the man but that's down to his personality rather than his Managerial abilities. He's actually got a very respectable record and I don't think he'll be out of a job for long.

I also remember Neil Lennon singing his praises last year for what he'd achieved.

Left by mutual consent!
    All the worst ya prick.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Tell us what you really think of him 😂
    I believe he will be given the key role of painting a picture of Edinburgh Castle on the school roof opposite the famous new stand. After that he has one hell of a glazing job to do.

Left by mutual consent!
    He did my head in with his anti-Hibs mantra but when you look at his overall record with the club he did a sound job at Falkirk and his sacking so early in the season seems harsh. Like Ross County, whose sacking of McIntyre strikes me as outrageous, it seems to me that clubs of this size set the bar too high for their managers.

First Team Breakthrough
    Peter? Is that you?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The Falkirk Facebook page is full of people calling for them to appoint Owen Coyle.
    Good call however, that fish might be a bit too big for the wee Scottish Championship pond. Then again, we got Lennie when we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Hope Dunfermline come up. Tremendous pies.
    Well worth the hour wait to get in the ground for. Ticketing there is a nightmare.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Shame, just hope he has the resources to survive and doesn't end up as a cloakroom attendant at the school view lounge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Shame, just hope he has the resources to survive and doesn't end up as a cloakroom attendant at the school view lounge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    He'd fit right in

Houston.jpg

Would they take yogi back?

I tbought he came across quite well o sportsound tonight. Surprise Surprise though his favourite game was beating Hibs 3 - 2in the play off.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I tbought he came across quite well o sportsound tonight. Surprise Surprise though his favourite game was beating Hibs 3 - 2in the play off.
    I thought he came across as what he is, a bitter tw*t

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Surprise Surprise though his favourite game was beating Hibs 3 - 2in the play off.
    Shocker...

A jammy unjustified last minute fluke win

Sums him up