hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: semi final?

If it helps I only go to pubs to watch bands otherwise I go to alt clubs. Which don't show TV football at the same time.

But you're right. I'm definitely a weirdo having only ever watched Hibs matches where played, my laddie Cammy's games and TV highlights over the years.

Still not sure why (apart from finances, family and work commitments) why a supporter would bump attending a Hibs Cup semi in the Hampden atmosphere for a pub tv. But as I've never experienced the latter, maybe I'm missing out? 😁
    Last edited by RIP; 24-09-2017 at 07:34 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it helps I only go to pubs to watch bands otherwise I go to alt clubs. Which don't show TV football at the same time.

But you're right. I'm definitely a weirdo having only ever watched Hibs matches where played, my laddie Cammy's games and TV highlights over the years.

Still not sure why (apart from finances, family and work commitments) why a supporter would bump attending a Hibs Cup semi in the Hampden atmosphere for a pub tv. But as I've never experienced the latter, maybe I'm missing out? 😁
    Nobody called you a weirdo. It just seems hard to believe that you've never ever watched a game of football live on tv. Fair play to you for your commitment to attending games as much as you do, each to their own and all that

I usually enjoy the 21st for cup games at Hamden.

Got a good feeling about this one ... then Alabama 3 play leith in the evening. Gonna be messy !

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'd never watch the Hibs on telly if I can be at the game. Like you.

Couple of questions though to a fellah not that far removed from my age, and that also likes his music. And if your age is right you were born in 1956, reaching drinking age about 72-74.

You've missed three of probably the finest World Cup sides in Brazil 70, Holland 74 and Argentina 78?
    Did you seriously never see any of those epic Scotland ties in the 74 -98 World Cups live on the telly?
    You've never watched Scotland v England live on the telly?
    You've successfully avoided watching about 40 European Cup Finals live on the telly?
    You never see a Scottish Cup Final unless Hibs are in it and you're there?

Edinburgh gigs just aren't that frequent mate.

As an adult I've hardly ever watched a whole game live on TV to be honest, a few Hibs games, few more Scotland games, of course regularly I've been in pubs when games have been on and seen some of the action, but rarely been 'watching' the game as such, any more than 'listening' to the background music.