hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Wheeler Dealers

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Wheeler Dealers

I've been a big fan of this show for years now, but I didn't know that the upcoming series has been filmed without Edd China. Apparently he walked out as he wasn't happy with the way the production was changing. It's a real shame as the the 2 of them worked well together. Hopefully it's not the beginning of the end for the show.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been a big fan of this show for years now, but I didn't know that the upcoming series has been filmed without Edd China. Apparently he walked out as he wasn't happy with the way the production was changing. It's a real shame as the the 2 of them worked well together. Hopefully it's not the beginning of the end for the show.
    I'm not much of a car freak but I love the programme. Regardless of the personalities, I'm not sure I like the sound of the new format.

https://youtu.be/8IB15T1LYiY

https://youtu.be/umWmzN1MqWs
    Last edited by Peevemor; 24-09-2017 at 08:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    There was actually a bit of a spat on social media at the turn of the year and Ed China had to make a YouTube video appealing to folk to calm as Mike Brewer was getting dogs abuse, hate mail etc.
    There was some sort of dramatic fall-out as Ed only got his tools back from the US a couple of months back, the production team held on to them for leverage even though they were all Ed's.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not much of a car freak but I love the programme. Regardless of the personalities, I'm not sure I like the sound of the new format.

https://youtu.be/8IB15T1LYiY

https://youtu.be/umWmzN1MqWs
    I actually watched the first video yesterday, that's how I found out he had left. I'll give the new format a go, hopefully it will be just as good.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    There was actually a bit of a spat on social media at the turn of the year and Ed China had to make a YouTube video appealing to folk to calm as Mike Brewer was getting dogs abuse, hate mail etc.
    There was some sort of dramatic fall-out as Ed only got his tools back from the US a couple of months back, the production team held on to them for leverage even though they were all Ed's.
    I need to get myself back on social media, I hadn't heard a thing about this until yesterday.

United we stand here....

There's a French programme that's very similar and just as good. It's presented by one of the top car writers in France and instead of using the the same mechanic all the time, 3 or 4 garages will bid for the work (they're all former F1 designers and such like). There are loads of episodes on YouTube, the only problem being that it's in French.

It's called "vintage mecanic"

https://youtu.be/oqsF7a-B2F4

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    My dad likes this show and I'm happy to watch it with him as it is actually quite good. It's a shame Edd didn't stay on as I thought his parts were the best part of the show. It must be amazing to be able to be confident and knowledgeable about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    My dad likes this show and I'm happy to watch it with him as it is actually quite good. It's a shame Edd didn't stay on as I thought his parts were the best part of the show. It must be amazing to be able to be confident and knowledgeable about cars.
    He makes it all look so easy, though I'm sure there's a lot of sweating and swearing that we don't get to see.

I've been totally hooked on Wheeler Dealers since it started. It won't be the same without Edd but it's more a case of the car being the star for me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    I really enjoy watching this show and I'm sorry to hear Edd will be missing from now on. An expert on cars with a cool calm very pleasant manner. Another show I watch in a similar vein is Turbo Pickers which is very good too.

It lost a lot of appeal for me when it went to the States.

Up till then there was always the notion I could get an old BMW or Merc or even a Bentley and do the same(ish). I've got a friend who owns a garage and we actually got as far as chatting about it.

A Bentley wrapped in Hibs tartan would have been as cool as!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I've been totally hooked on Wheeler Dealers since it started. It won't be the same without Edd but it's more a case of the car being the star for me.
    From what I understand Edd has gone because they're looking to reduce the amount of workshop / nuts & bolts stuff. I can't be bothered with the "celebrity" going for a drive passages .

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I need to get myself back on social media, I hadn't heard a thing about this until yesterday.
    Ed has his own channel on YouTube, plenty videos there explaining the fall out and what Ed is doing now.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I get obsessed with things like this, I'm naturally inquisitive and love knowing how things work, I'm forever watching things like this, engineering and building, I went down a rabbit hole on YouTube recently about blacksmithing and metal working, I have rudimentary diy skills at best and im awe of people who can fix or create

It's like bob ross with painting, when I watch him I just relax haha

Won't be the same without him

Like many of this type of programme they start of great but then they start mucking about with the concept as it inevitably goes downhill fast.

Discovery channel is dire now.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    That is a shame.

I'm about as far from interested in cars as possible but for some reason really like the show.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller