hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone care to explain why we've got Celtic fans on this Forum?

Would we be so welcoming if it was Rangers fans? No wonder people think there's a Hibs Celtic love-in. Cringe.
    Hibs.net is open to fans of all clubs, all they have to do is behave in a reasonable manner. We get a lot less hassle from them than we do from many Hibs fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just found out th draw an lookin forward to it already. I'll be back in Glasgow by then an hav a roughly 10 minute walk from ma hoos to Hampden :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    Oh come on mate don't be ridiculous, the game against Hearts will need to be moved. There is no way they'll give you one day to prepare for a game.
    You get a lot of unnecessary stick on here mate but please just ignore it. I personally hav no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here, as long as theyr not just at th wind up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don't eee the issue there have been fans of loads of teams including Rangers on at one time or another good to get other views.
    Agree to a point, but Huns and hearts fans would get launched a lot quicker.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Because they usually act like f***ys, the Celtc fans on this thread haven't pretended that they are hibs supporters or gone on the wind up and as far as i can see they are only really posting on threads about Celtic and being fairly reasonable so far?

We've got fans of Hearts, Aberdeen & Killie that i know of that post on here every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    And rightfully so...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Of course it matters, there's a new motorway been built with tax payers money that takes thousands from Edinburgh right to the East end of Hampden. It is an utter scandal to make these thousands travel all the way through Glasgow and back into the West end just to give Celtic their traditional end!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The east end of Hampden is easier to get to for fans travelling from Edinburgh than the west end. You can get out for a fag at half time in the east stand, you cant in the west for some bizarre reason .... there's two reasons for you.

The east end of Hampden is almost always the end Hibs are given, unless we are playing Celtic, that suggests that that end of Hampden is reserved for Celtic and in the opinion of a lot of fans, myself included, its indicative to us of the game being too ready to cow tow to the old firm ...... no its not a big deal, but giving Hibs the east end for this game would be symbolic of a change in that attitude. Its supposed to be a neutral venue and in that case Hibs should be entitled to make a case for getting the end which is most convenient for our fans, Celtic have no automatic 'right' to it.

Maybe it hasn't been an issue before, but perhaps its time it was along with anything else in the game that the 'old firm' think they have an automatic right to ...... here's another example. Celtic play Bayern Munich on the Wednesday night which would give them two days to prepare for this game if its played on the Saturday ..... Hibs play Hearts on the Tuesday night following the semi and if its played on the Sunday to suit Celtic giving them three days to prepare, that gives us one day to prepare for a derby match .... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we find ourselves at Hampden on the Sunday.
    Two excellent posts.

As has been alluded to I really hope the fans reps pick up on this and take it to the board.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Someone care to explain why we've got Celtic fans on this Forum?

Would we be so welcoming if it was Rangers fans? No wonder people think there's a Hibs Celtic love-in. Cringe.
    Correct.

**** Celtic
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Two excellent posts.

As has been alluded to I really hope the fans reps pick up on this and take it to the board.
    I've sent Tracey a PM to draw her attention to this thread.

When I was younger I always wanted hibs to get to hampden as it was rare for us to do so

Now we are concerned what end we get. I'd like to think the fans reps have bigger things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    When I was younger I always wanted hibs to get to hampden as it was rare for us to do so

Now we are concerned what end we get. I'd like to think the fans reps have bigger things to worry about.
    Well it is fast becoming your second home I suppose, I can see why you'd want it to become more comfortable

Honestly if that end thing is a big a deal as some of you say and it is a hassle logistics wise then I can't see it being a big deal swapping ends? I mean I've never heard anyone on our side lay claim to that end, to be honest I've never even thought about it as our end or anything like that.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Because they usually act like f***ys, the Celtc fans on this thread haven't pretended that they are hibs supporters or gone on the wind up and as far as i can see they are only really posting on threads about Celtic and being fairly reasonable so far?

We've got fans of Hearts, Aberdeen & Killie that i know of that post on here every so often.
    Agreed

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Watch us beat Celtic, then lose to 'well in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    If it's the Sunday we should be looking to get Derby moved, one days rest before any game is a joke.
    I can't see the match being on Saturday lunchtime with Celtic away at Bayern on the Wednesday.

All matches are on BT Sport so put the SF on Sunday and move Hibs-Hearts to Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Green View Post
    You can look too far ahead. I think everyone would be happy to beat Celtic and secure another final.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I can't see the match being on Saturday lunchtime with Celtic away at Bayern on the Wednesday.

All matches are on BT Sport so put the SF on Sunday and move Hibs-Hearts to Wednesday.
    They've already moved the derby once for tv, can't see them doing it again.

We'll be playing on the Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    They've already moved the derby once for tv, can't see them doing it again.

We'll be playing on the Saturday
    I think Aberdeen play Celtic on the Wednesday live on the telly too

Quote Originally Posted by HNA7 View Post
    Hibs.net is open to fans of all clubs, all they have to do is behave in a reasonable manner. We get a lot less hassle from them than we do from many Hibs fans.
    having fans of other clubs on here is a lot less annoying than the predictable tubes who come on solely to give them abuse.

Hibs v Hearts was originally moved from the Wednesday to the Tuesday for TV. On that Wednesday Aberdeen v Celtic is live on BT also. BT won't move us back to the Wednesday as they'll effectively half their viewing figures if you're showing us v Hearts and Dons v Celtic at the same time.

A quick look at a Sellick forum and the tims seem to suggest it'll be a Saturday also. A few pointed out they played in Georgia on a Wednesday then played Hearts at 12.15 on the opening game of this season...

That's the spirit

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    HAS to be Saturday. Two days for Celtc to prepare for us and two day for us to prepare for Hertz.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

The derby was originally scheduled for the Wednesday but moved to the tuesday when it was chosen for TV coverage.

Playing it on the Saturday gives both teams two days between thier respective matches

All the usual drinking holes we go to at hampen will presumably be full of Celtc fans. A few posters on here have mentioned sharing venues in past and there was plenty rivalry and banter but no trouble. No doubt that'll happen again. I was with bus loads of hibees were in the Squirrell for THE final - and it was bouncing - not sure if it'll be mixed this time around?

I also wonder if those with the 'two cheeks of the same arse' point of view will be going to The Rangers establishments before the game? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that but that's coz I do think there a different between these two clubs. Pumping Celtc will be really great though!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    All the usual drinking holes we go to at hampen will presumably be full of Celtc fans. A few posters on here have mentioned sharing venues in past and there was plenty rivalry and banter but no trouble. No doubt that'll happen again. I was with bus loads of hibees were in the Squirrell for THE final - and it was bouncing - not sure if it'll be mixed this time around?

I also wonder if those with the 'two cheeks of the same arse' point of view will be going to The Rangers establishments before the game? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that but that's coz I do think there a different between these two clubs. Pumping Celtc will be really great though!!
    All that just to say you have a soft spot for Celtic?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    That's the spirit
    To be fair, a lot of teams have beaten one of the OF in the semis and thought they just had to turn up to win the cup as they felt they'd already played "the final".
    Clang!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    To be fair, a lot of teams have beaten one of the OF in the semis and thought they just had to turn up to win the cup as they felt they'd already played "the final".
    Clang!
    Including Rangers

@hibs.net private member
    Clang!
    Witness 2004. Put out both sets of bigots, then lost the final.

John McGinn to own Scott Brown and Celtic to try and buy him in January.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    John McGinn to own Scott Brown and Celtic to try and buy him in January.
    Scott Brown will kick McGinn's arse and as always get away with it!!!

Then they will come in at the window and buy him in instalments as he is gradually put back together bit by bit!!!!

Clang!
    I don't think any team will underestimate this Motherwell side after their dismantling of Aberdeen...