hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Tour Championship PGA/Portugal Masters (Golf)

The Fedex Cup winner will be known after the Tour Championship tournament. Last weeks BMW was a bit of a damp squib with Marc Leishman having virtually won it going into the weekend and all he had to do was cruise round on Sunday which he did. He played the four days magnificently and it was a chase for the places for the the rest. Going into the final Fedex Cup tournament Jordan Speith is again a shortish price at around 5-1 with DJ around 8-1. I'm sticking with Paul Casey and Matt Kuchar and in the absence of Mcilroy I'm including Daniel Berger into my trio of bets. Thank goodness Rory is missing this week as he has been nothing short of throwing my money down the nearest drain as he's played the worst golf of his career recently. I'm hoping this week is a lot closer and more exciting than the BMW with Leishman leading having led from virtually start to finish.

The Portugal Masters is the European tour challenge this week and an interesting inclusion is Shane Lowry who on his day is world class. I'm however sticking with my bets of Tom Lewis, Adrian Otageui and Aaron Rai. Last weeks Dutch KLM was won by outsider Romain Wattell with his first tour win. It was a very exciting final round with Aphibarnrat looking the likely winner until a nightmare last few holes for him let Wattell in to virtually snatch it from his grasp. Looking forward to another four days of top class golf.

Good luck to anyone else having a wee punt .

2. Log in to remove the advert

I normally have a punt on the golf - done pretty well this season and also the usual few sickeners! I always go straight on the nose with my bets. Nothing earth shattering in terms of stakes

This week -

Tour Championship - Marc Leishman (In superb form a Major must be on the cards surely)
    Sergio Garcia (Not in great form since Augusta but likes playing in Georgia)
    Gary Woodland (Darkhorse chucked a couple of quid at)
    Xander Schauffele (Already won on the PGA Tour and big things expected)

Portugal Masters - Russell Knox (poor this season but I am hoping for a Scottish winner!)
    Austin Connelly (2nd last week so hoping good form continues)
    Eddie Pepperell (Another dark horse who has not won on the European tour)
    Ryan Fox (A win must be around the corner)

You would imagine the tour championship will be won by one of the 'big guns' most likely Speith but I dont really back the favourites. Portugal masters has started but all my picks still to tee off.

Good luck if you have a bet on!

Backed Xander Schauffele at a price of 100/1 so great end to the PGA season for me! British Masters this week should be decent

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Backed Xander Schauffele at a price of 100/1 so great end to the PGA season for me! British Masters this week should be decent

Excellent mate. Terrific to pick up a 100/1 shot winning bet, very rare indeed.

My bet Casey threw it away when he really could have coasted round. However the way him and my other two recent bet list of Kuchar and Mcilroy have been pretty poor lately so no real surprise tbh.

Daniel Berger could have done so much better too and he is certainly one to watch out for when in the mood. Justin Thomas deservedly won the Fedex Cup, great talent.

The Portugal Masters was a decent few days of golf with another tour maiden winning in the shape of Lucas Bjerregaard with a few shots in hand. Eddie Pepperell and Ashun Wu have been playing consistently well and look well placed to win one if not this year next one.

Looking forward to the British Masters, bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post

Excellent mate. Terrific to pick up a 100/1 shot winning bet, very rare indeed.

My bet Casey threw it away when he really could have coasted round. However the way him and my other two recent bet list of Kuchar and Mcilroy have been pretty poor lately so no real surprise tbh.

Daniel Berger could have done so much better too and he is certainly one to watch out for when in the mood. Justin Thomas deservedly won the Fedex Cup, great talent.

The Portugal Masters was a decent few days of golf with another tour maiden winning in the shape of Lucas Bjerregaard with a few shots in hand. Eddie Pepperell and Ashun Wu have been playing consistently well and look well placed to win one if not this year next one.

Looking forward to the British Masters, bring it on.
    Cheers yeah the PGA Tour is so strong just now - lots of very good young players coming through. Casey should have won a lot more than he has with his talent. I dont think he is strong enough mentally on a Sunday when it starts to get serious!
    Justin Thomas has been outstanding - 10 million is insane

Will be interesting to see which Mcilroy turns up - I wouldnt be rushing to back him at 13/2 the way he has been playing but if he plays his best he would be very difficult to stop!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Cheers yeah the PGA Tour is so strong just now - lots of very good young players coming through. Casey should have won a lot more than he has with his talent. I dont think he is strong enough mentally on a Sunday when it starts to get serious!
    Justin Thomas has been outstanding - 10 million is insane

Will be interesting to see which Mcilroy turns up - I wouldnt be rushing to back him at 13/2 the way he has been playing but if he plays his best he would be very difficult to stop!
    https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/british-masters/winner

Can get 8-1 at Ladbrokes on Mcilroy. However your're spot on regarding his recent PGA tour play. If he replicates that standard he'll struggle to make the cut but a change in climate and courses might just provide inspiration and if he finds form he's always likely to go and win any tournament. However based on current form its no wonder he's a big price. If Rory was in form he'd probably be around 5-2 or 3-1 pre tournament favourite if not shorter in this field.

If Rory finds his sometimes genius like form 8-1 will seem like a massive price but as you say it depend which Rory turns up and there are some really in form European Tour golfers at big prices before the off and I'll certainly be including Eddie Pepperell at around 33-1 into my selections.

yeah 8-1 could be big depending on Rory's mood

Presidents Cup on as well!