@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Taylor coming on strong now.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's awfy good this lad.

Get in there josh.

United we stand here....

2 superb uppercuts done the business there then finished it brilliantly.

Vazquez spirit was broken. Great finish and the 1st time Vazquez has ever been stopped.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Smashed it.

Body shot was similar to the one that Hatton finished Castillo with. Just behind the ribs. Apparently it can have an effect on an artery and cause the blood pressure to drop making it difficult to get up and get bearings quickly.

Vazquez still looked dazed a good couple of minutes after the ref called a halt and now receiving oxygen.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easy win for Taylor.
    I was wrong. But a great win.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Edinburgh cooncil will have to build a big indoor arena for this batch of local lads that are coming through the boxing industry, they will draw bigger crowds the better they get, it can also be used for other things but it would be disappointing if these lads end up fighting in Glasgow for the bigger arenas.

There’s something great about a fighter that can win fights with quality body shots.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Do you think he could fill Easter Road for a world title fight?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Edinburgh cooncil will have to build a big indoor arena for this batch of local lads that are coming through the boxing industry, they will draw bigger crowds the better they get, it can also be used for other things but it would be disappointing if these lads end up fighting in Glasgow for the bigger arenas.
    I hope they stay in Edinburgh, but as you say there’s no big venues through here.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Do you think he could fill Easter Road for a world title fight?
    When was the last time a open arena was used for a fight in Scotland. Tyson at Hampden?

I think our weather is to unpredictable to host a outdoor fight.

Edinburgh need a indoor arena to attract fights & concerts.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Edinburgh’s shame that we don’t have an arena capable of hosting big sporting events and gigs. Supposed to be a capital city. There’s literally nowhere big enough to host Taylor’s next fight. That could be the last time he fights in Edinburgh unless it’s at ER for a world title next summer.

This is to good a opportunity to turn down we must find a venue.. ER or Edinburgh castle would do nicely.. we have not just Taylor but 2 or 3 exciting prospects on the undercard.. potentially we’ve got one of the best fight nights of the year on our hands.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Great results for all the Scottish boys and well supported throughout.

Transport quite awkward and a bit disappointed with the venue in that you couldn't make out the announcer at all.

When I moved from Cardiff to Edinburgh I was stunned that there wasn't an arena here. The size of the city and surrounding areas easily justifies the need for one. Edinburgh is such a prestigious city that it would have no trouble attracting artists. I find myself constantly in Glasgow going to the hydro I was at Alice Cooper last night, going there Sunday for ICW and was there a few weeks ago for Metallica.. The hydro has had U2, Metallica, Muse, Chilli Peppers etc. All massive bands capable of playing stadiums.

Edinburgh could easily attract the same quality of acts. Easily. Really frustrates me that there's no arena here.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    When I moved from Cardiff to Edinburgh I was stunned that there wasn't an arena here. The size of the city and surrounding areas easily justifies the need for one. Edinburgh is such a prestigious city that it would have no trouble attracting artists. I find myself constantly in Glasgow going to the hydro I was at Alice Cooper last night, going there Sunday for ICW and was there a few weeks ago for Metallica.. The hydro has had U2, Metallica, Muse, Chilli Peppers etc. All massive bands capable of playing stadiums.

Edinburgh could easily attract the same quality of acts. Easily. Really frustrates me that there's no arena here.

I don't live in Edinburgh but it does seem strange there isn't something like this in Edinburgh has there ever been plans for something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    I don't live in Edinburgh but it does seem strange there isn't something like this in Edinburgh has there ever been plans for something like this?
    I’ve got a feeling that Edinburgh and Glasgow have some sort of deal regarding this.

United we stand here....