hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgot this is weekend semis now, wouldn't be surprised if we sell out if it's Rangers. Scenes galore.
    More than likely Saturday lunchtime for Hibs, as we play Hearts the Tuesday after, unless they change this fixture again

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    More than likely Saturday lunchtime for Hibs, as we play Hearts the Tuesday after, unless they change this fixture again
    Are we playing them on BT? If so it will be the Saturday as they control the tv fixtures. Suits me big time the Saturday too.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Are we playing them on BT? If so it will be the Saturday as they control the tv fixtures. Suits me big time the Saturday too.
    Both on BT

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Both on BT
    Almost a certainty then mate. BT will make sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If we were to get Motherwell then there's plenty places we could play it. Granted none of them are particularly exciting stadiums and alot of them wouldn't be particularly handy for Hibs fans but you could easily play it at Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, even Tannadice would probably be big enough.
    Hibs vs Motherwell in Aberdeen or dundee? On a Saturday lunchtime...

I was being presumptuous, however, in thinking it will be Aberdeen nd Celtic going through. The fact their are no other half decent stadia on the central belt means all semis will be at Hampden this year.

Hibs will come very close to selling out imo.

I think some are still underestimating just how big an impact the Scottish Cup win has had on the Hibs support.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Hibs vs Motherwell in Aberdeen or dundee? On a Saturday lunchtime...

I was being presumptuous, however, in thinking it will be Aberdeen nd Celtic going through. The fact their are no other half decent stadia on the central belt means all semis will be at Hampden this year.
    I've always wondered what the bottom tier at Celtic Park holds. 30K maybe?

That would be a perfect size for some semi finals, would be conductive to a good atmosphere and would look good on TV.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Is that code for you're going to Barlinnie

Did I mention it was a BIG Hoos?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    As long as you are all in the same network (or whatever it’s called), you can buy online in one transaction.
    How do you set up the network?

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Ah yes, who can forget the mad ticket scramble for the Scottish Cup Final in 2016 where 'they' only gave us 12 thousand tickets.

Honestly, where do people get this garbage? We'll get as many tickets as we need.
    A Scottish cup final is not the same as a league cup semi-final and you know that. Draw celtic and we will take 15-16 thousand fans maximum to the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    A Scottish cup final is not the same as a league cup semi-final and you know that. Draw celtic and we will take 15-16 thousand fans maximum to the game.

During the week maybe but on the back of our cup win and the chance of
    Seeing Liam Henderson in person or on the big screen at Hampden again I think you will be surprised. Celtic and it will
    Be family friendly to an extent too.

It's a virtual certainty to be at Hampden.

The only suitable grounds to accommodate the expected support for Hibs are Aberdeen (too far away), Tannadice (too small and too crap) Tynecastle (not finished), Easter Road (ruled out), Ibrox, and Parkhead. That latter two can also be ruled out as Hampden is in the same City and available).

If Tynecastle was finished and Hibs drew Aberdeen or Motherwell, it would be the natural choice. Maybe for 2018-19 season?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

The only suitable grounds to accommodate the expected support for Hibs are Aberdeen (too far away), Tannadice (too small and too crap) Tynecastle (not finished), Easter Road (ruled out), Ibrox, and Parkhead. That latter two can also be ruled out as Hampden is in the same City and available).

If Tynecastle was finished and Hibs drew Aberdeen or Motherwell, it would be the natural choice. Maybe for 2018-19 season?
    All it takes for it to be at Hampden is one of the clubs want it there. We won't agree to it being anywhere else logistically nor capacity so it will be at Hampden.

The bus shelter would be too small for us v sheep. Lots of people missed out on tickets v the saints the other year and we got three thirds that day.

All it takes for it to be at Hampden is one of the clubs want it there. We won't agree to it being anywhere else logistically nor capacity so it will be at Hampden.

The bus shelter would be too small for us v sheep. Lots of people missed out on tickets v the saints the other year and we got three thirds that day.

Is that the same as getting ALL the tickets?

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The semi's are at the weekend so may swell the crowd slightly.

The powers that be appear to be giving the LC more prestige than before hence weekend semi dates.

FWIW regardless of who is in the draw both will be at Hampden and we will get our usual 22k tickets. Whether we sell them all or not is another matter.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by telford hibbee View Post
    How do you set up the network?
    You access your homepage on the eticketing site, then click on "account" then click "your account", then "my network". You then compile your network by adding your friends surnames and client ref number, then add them to your network and your list can then be accessed when purchasing tickets when you have to allocate to individual fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Even if Tynecastle wasn't a building site at present, I don't think it would be big enough if it was Hibs v Aberdeen. The sheep would want half the tickets and given that we could have filled the stadium ourselves for the St Johnstone semi last year I think Hampden is the only option for that one.

Or how about Murrayfield? If the game's in October the football posts will still be in place for the yams' games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Is that the same as getting ALL the tickets?

three quarters I meant.

@hibs.net private member
    Are the kick offs at 3pm? Earlier in the season the the LC games were played at 3pm and on tv.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Are the kick offs at 3pm? Earlier in the season the the LC games were played at 3pm and on tv.
    They were 12.15 and 2.15 kick offs last season

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    They were 12.15 and 2.15 kick offs last season
    must only be the pre season games they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The group games were technically pre season so before the tv curfew was in place

Apologies if I've missed it but am I right in thinking the semi is October 21/22? Had already bought train tickets to Glasgow for our game at Killie so sincerely hope we play on the Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Apologies if I've missed it but am I right in thinking the semi is October 21/22? Had already bought train tickets to Glasgow for our game at Killie so sincerely hope we play on the Saturday!

Correct young man.

Quote Originally Posted by the pie eater View Post
    Correct young man.
    Jackpot. About time I landed lucky on something like this!

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Almost certainly the Sat due to the derby being the foll tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    I know.

You said we'd only get 12 thousand tickets, though. Which is balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    I know.

You said we'd only get 12 thousand tickets, though. Which is balls.
    Nope, I said we might only end up getting 12 thousand because we won't sell out a 50/50 split against celtic. You then mentioned the cup final which you've already agreed isn't the same thing.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves anyway. Might not even be celtic but if it is I'm not sure how it works if we don't take the 50/50 split. Rather than drop down to the 12k mark is it possible for us to get maybes 16k-18k tickets and celtic get the rest or would segregation be a problem and we'd need to take the 50/50 split.

Nope, I said we might only end up getting 12 thousand because we won't sell out a 50/50 split against celtic. You then mentioned the cup final which you've already agreed isn't the same thing.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves anyway. Might not even be celtic but if it is I'm not sure how it works if we don't take the 50/50 split. Rather than drop down to the 12k mark is it possible for us to get maybes 16k-18k tickets and celtic get the rest or would segregation be a problem and we'd need to take the 50/50 split.
    Celtic would struggle to sell more than 20k for a semi against us, all you need to do is have a look at the attendances in their non old firm semis recently to see that

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    As I'm about to move home to a 'well presented' wee property right round the corner from Hampden, I shall be expecting as many tickets as I need, as a local resident.

Is this just because we play there at least once per season now??