Swanson up and running

Well done Danny!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Tried too hard.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Delighted for him

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully Danny kicks-on from tonight - you could see from his very first game he was chomping at the bit to score for HIS team, his club !. On you go now, Danny - the only way is up !!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I thought Danny was useful tonight. Delighted he got a goal and was - if anything - too clever for some of his team mates.

Same again Saturday?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    A joy to watch. 50% of what he tries won't come off, but that chances are worth taking.

Great goal tonight.

I thought he looked a mile off the pace....very slow closing down players, and passing was very poor. I was very surprised he wasnt subbed early.

So pleased he got his goal and took it very well, you could see how much it meant to him.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he looked a mile off the pace....very slow closing down players, and passing was very poor. I was very surprised he wasnt subbed early.
    Not one of your pals clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not one of your pals clearly.
    Nah don't know him at all...but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. I want my midfielders constantly busy, pressing, tackling, passing. I didn't see that tonight.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I thought Swanson played ok. Great goal and always tried to get us going forward. Tired a bit and could have been subbed earlier though.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Nah don't know him at all...but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. I want my midfielders constantly busy, pressing, tackling, passing. I didn't see that tonight.
    What about scoring and creating chances in amongst running about like a dafty wasting energy?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Progress....involved in 2 goals, some lovely creative play but still gave the ball away far too much.

He's a funny player, I don't really get him yet.

I think he's another one of these players who isn't a safe option. He gets on the ball in dangerous situations, tries difficult things and often gives the ball away (which will incur the wrath of many).

Because of these risks, and because of the fact that he is supremely talented, when he's not giving it away he'll be scoring great goals and making defence splitting balls that create chances and win games.

He's well worth having, he makes a big impact and it's worth having a player like him in your team. He's a match winner.

You don't want a team full of them though, and you don't want one of these at centre-half either. At least Danny does his stuff in the right areas.

First Team Breakthrough
    My motm tonight. Never stopped and was constantly trying to pump his team mates au after conceding. His touches are fantastic at times.

Time for a healthy run in the team now. He will only improve with match sharpness

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Danny did a few tricks in front of the West in the first half using Whitty as his foil and he has incredible skills - a real tanner ba player.

He plays like he is on a tight 5s pitch. Must be a mare to play against.

Only issue for me is that he occasionally overplays it and gets caught in possession - but I suppose if he had that level of skill, and Boyles pace he wouldnt be at Easter Road.

I would play the same team on Saturday except Dylan for Slivka.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I like Swanson, a real footballer like Dylan. Great on the ball and great feet. Hope the goal gives him the confidence to go on a great run in the team

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Swanson has proved in the top league he has got it. Just get him in the team and he will come good.

He will get assists and will score goals.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Neil Lennon was full of praise for him in his post match interview on Radio Scotland - would expect him to keep his place for Saturday. A clever player who will only get better with game time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Agreed, not quite sure what he brings to be honest, decent goal tonight but poor overall since he arrived. Hoping for better from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Swanson has proved in the top league he has got it. Just get him in the team and he will come good.

He will get assists and will score goals.

Testimonial Due
    Thought he had a steady game took his goal very well & had some clever moments hopefully more to come.

First Team Breakthrough
    Swanson was excellent tonight. Pity he's going to be the new scapegoat. Anyone who thinks he was poor tonight either has something against him or wasn't at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he was excellent tonight in the first half. Yes he gave the ball away too much but he is one of the few players we have who play between the lines and is always looking for killer passes. He takes up great positions and he has an end product. It amazes me the love some had for Scott Allan who would try something that didn't work and stand and watch as a team broke away from his mistake to score but when Swanson makes a mistake he gets pelters even though is completely wholehearted in his play.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Thought he played well and a nice finish, I just wish he wouldn't give the ball away so cheaply sometimes.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Reminded me of early Scott Allan. Tried a wee bit too hard but showed obvious quality.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Danny played well tonight and outshone a certain John Mcginn by a country mile.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RamYer1902 View Post
    Swanson was excellent tonight. Pity he's going to be the new scapegoat. Anyone who thinks he was poor tonight either has something against him or wasn't at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think he's obviously dipped a few folks sisters down Leith way in his time. Only explanation for it.

Delighted for him getting the goal.