Have to admit, and much to my own annoyance, I'm a stickler for it myself, although I do slip up regularly, but hopefully not spoken only written. I get unnecessarily agitated when I see misspelled words and endless sentences with no punctuation or paragraphs.

I'm no expert, and certainly not qualified to comment on others (only managed a C in O grade English) but I do wince when I hear "I seen" and "I done" etc. and often find myself correcting younger colleagues at work for it.

One chap in particular I work with is quite bad for it, and the thing is technically he is a lot smarter than I am. I tell him that in years to come he will be in a more senior position and, rightly or wrongly, people judge you on the way you speak, write and present yourself. Also another colleague who is married to a schoolteacher and is the worst in the office for the I seen/I done clanger. If she lets him away with it what is she teaching her kids at school?

Similarly on here and particularly over on the main board some of the grammar is woeful, and that's what annoys me about myself I can't let it go and just read it for what it is, someone's opinion.
I feel with spell checking and autocorrect nowadays there's no excuse for it, certainly written work, just wish there was the same same technology for the spoken word.

I do have to keep telling myself that I'm doing exactly what I resent in others, and forming an opinion based on what I see and hear, and most likely completely wrong.

I need help.