hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5 of us going and it will be tickets from the pods .... with the loss of the loyalty points system there isn't really any need to order on line or go to the ticket office, especially when its not a game where tickets are at a premium.

I think the weather will be ok and considering its our last home game this month I'm guessing a crowd of about 10,000 which is acceptable for a game with Livingston, even if it is a quarter final .... if it had been Aberdeen or Dundee for example I would have gone for about 12 to 13 thousand.

It would be nice to hope Partick can knock out Sevco and Motherwell could knock out Aberdeen ... I cant see Dundee pulling of a miracle against Celtic, but that would give us a reasonable shot at a winnable tie in the semis if we get past Livvi, not that I'm suggesting for a second we couldn't beat Sevco.

I would also prefer a semi final at Tynecastle rather than Hampden which could be possible if we were to draw Motherwell or Thistle, provided the place is ready of course, which seems unlikely.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win this and it's another day out at Hampden. Not sure that's really sunk in yet for a lot but it usually does on the day.
    Since it's only league cup would it not be at a stadium like tynie? Or does it depend who we play?

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    Since it's only league cup would it not be at a stadium like tynie? Or does it depend who we play?
    are the semis not in October, So tynie wont be ready... shame it would have been a real money spinner for them

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Doesn't seem like there is any interest at all in this game considering it's a quarter final. 9K the very most.

Was able to get 2 tickets for front row of upper ff. Sales look poor.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Doesn't seem like there is any interest at all in this game considering it's a quarter final. 9K the very most.
    Perhaps if we hadn't won it for 63 years folk would be more enthusiastic

Tell you what though .... I never thought I would see the day when someone would predict a crowd of 9,000 at ER and proceed it with the statement 'doesn't seem like there is any interest in this game at all'

I do find it strange that folk would be less enthusiastic for a competition which is one of only two we have a realistic chance of success in, but when it comes to it I suppose a lot of folk, rightly or wrongly, will look at this as a game we should win pretty comfortably and keep their powder dry for the semi final they think we are going to stroll into

Am I right in saying, we win, we're back to hampden?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Forgot to buy my ticket before going on holiday. Turns out that was lucky. I'm free but can't afford a late night. Dont get home much before 11 with these games and worse if it goes to ET and pens like United 2 seasons back. V early start Wed. Flying to Orkney then Shetland Thursday followed by a drive from Edinburgh to Thurso Sunday. Good night sleep tomorrow essential...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Hope we get a good crowd tomorrow, will be disappointed if we don't get at least 10,000

Up til last year the semis didn't have to be at hampden but last year seemed to change that with both semi's at hampden.

The semis are weekends now too so I'd expect them to use Hampden regardless of whose playing.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Up til last year the semis didn't have to be at hampden but last year seemed to change that with both semi's at hampden.

The semis are weekends now too so I'd expect them to use Hampden regardless of whose playing.
    Did Morton not insist?

Seems weird that we can sell out a ****ty view away end at Parkhead priced 27/30 quid in 20 minutes but people moaning about 20 quid (18 for ST holders) for a home quarter final. Each to their own I guess

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Livingston might bring a few. They've been on a decent run and not too far to travel.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Seems weird that we can sell out a ****ty view away end at Parkhead priced 27/30 quid in 20 minutes but people moaning about 20 quid (18 for ST holders) for a home quarter final. Each to their own I guess

Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post

The wording of the article below would suggest that it's far from being a formality for both semi finals to be held at Hampden.

https://gmfc.net/2016/09/23/aberdeen...ed-at-hampden/

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Supply and demand.
    Quality answer. How about this is the 1st season since as far as I can remember, prob into the 90's that I havent got a ticket for ibrox or parkhead? However, **** crowds at the cup matches until hopefully we make a semi or even better a final? I will 100 per cent for sure get a ticket for either or both of those even though the demand will outstrip supply for sure. Then i will come back possibly with a smug retort like yours.

If we win I'll be expecting 10 tickets for the potential semi at hampden against Celtic, and those who can't be a**ed going 2m should get heeehaw and told to bolt.

regards, ubersmugfan

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    That's funny, SoH, it's exactly what I was thinking of.

I was thinking, Ronnie Lane...

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    If we win I'll be expecting 10 tickets for the potential semi at hampden against Celtic, and those who can't be a**ed going 2m should get heeehaw and told to bolt.

regards, ubersmugfan
    Hilarious. Faf. Uber fans snarf. Funny as it sounds I agree. 🤡

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not necessarily if Motherwell, Partick and Dundee were to win the other 1/4's
    What if Hibs draw Hearts?

Where would that be played?

Basic truth is that nobody really gives a monkeys about the cup tournaments until it's the semi-final stage - unless it's a derby in the earlier rounds.

I'd personally rather watch a home game v Livvi with a semi-final place up for grabs in a tournament we have a chance of winning than one v Motherwell where the best we can do is get three points in one we have no chance of winning. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Basic truth is that nobody really gives a monkeys about the cup tournaments until it's the semi-final stage - unless it's a derby in the earlier rounds.

I'd personally rather watch a home game v Livvi with a semi-final place up for grabs in a tournament we have a chance of winning than one v Motherwell where the best we can do is get three points in one we have no chance of winning. But what do I know?
    hopefully 15k will get the subtle message there.............

I think the league cup has been devalued enough without playing semi finals at non UEFA compliant stadiums with small pitches and limited facilities even if they do sell chips.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'm not going due to work commitments but the price is probably putting a few off. I suspect it will be around the 8k mark
    Just the wrong side of pay day for me. That's where the cup top up was dead handy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

11k would be a good attendance for this, sadly the removal of cup top up ensures lower crowds than normal for games like this. Doesn't help that morale is incredibly low around the place just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Except, as Firestarter pointed out, we had over 13k against Ayr last season. Overall though the attendances for League Cup games seem to be lower than for the Scottish Cup.

I think there's going to be a lot of people gambling on there being no Qs at the gate... and will end up regretting it. I predict a post match thread moaning about the Qs with the word 'shambles' in the title. ;-)

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    11k would be a good attendance for this, sadly the removal of cup top up ensures lower crowds than normal for games like this. Doesn't help that morale is incredibly low around the place just now.
    Low morale?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Really? Can't say i have noticed that.

I've been off for 2 weeks and only earn if I work, 1st day back tonight so back to the grind, normally I'd take a Tuesday off for these games but still got bills to pay.