hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: lewis Stevenson

Wonder if Lewis was just getting a genuine rest. Guessing the testimonial festivities will have taken a toll emotionally and although he had a rare poor game against Hamilton I wouldn't normally expect him to be dropped for that.

Had all his sharpness back tonight and was pretty much perfect. Was weird seeing him on the bench and great to have him back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I love Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Lewis Stevenson
    Seconded...wee man was back to his best last night

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    You're right, he's been a poor defender for longer than a year. No way is he a better LB than Stevenson, ludicrous to even suggest it.
    He's a better player. We are conceding far too many goals as a team but Whittaker and effe seem to be getting made the scapegoats when Hanlon and gray have just been as bad. Lewis looked a threat going forward but was still a part of a defence that conceded two. He isn't a magic wand he's part of an experienced defence which collectively has been very poor so far.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He's a better player. We are conceding far too many goals as a team but Whittaker and effe seem to be getting made the scapegoats when Hanlon and gray have just been as bad. Lewis looked a threat going forward but was still a part of a defence that conceded two. He isn't a magic wand he's part of an experienced defence which collectively has been very poor so far.
    He's not a better LB.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Would be very harsh to blame Lewis for either of Livi's goals last night

Left by mutual consent!
    A couple of games dropped looks to have done him the World of good. Well done Lewis and welcome. Ack into the side.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    A couple of games dropped looks to have done him the World of good. Well done Lewis and welcome. Ack into the side.
    I don't think he looked bad before he was dropped.

Reckon Lewis and Hanlon's link up play with the attacking players was brilliant last night.

Both played particularly great balls into Stokes with Lewis' one into the box behind the defense sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Would be very harsh to blame Lewis for either of Livi's goals last night
    I know it would be because its lewis stevenson similar to Paul Hanlon because they are both Hibs through and through.We can all have bash at sw and ambrose however.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I don't think he looked bad before he was dropped.
    He was playing within himself imo last season and the start of this. Appetite was back massively last night.

Left by mutual consent!
    I know it would be because its lewis stevenson similar to Paul Hanlon because they are both Hibs through and through.We can all have bash at sw and ambrose however.

I definitely see your point like. Little bit of blame for either and it's the anti christ. They are Hibs legends and rightfully so but you can't absolve them of
    Any blame at all whilst Ambrose and Whittaker are ripped to shreds.

So Ru happy with Ambrose and Whitts level of performance so far this season mate?? Both experienced pros who should be doing a lot better and the quicker they bothbfind their form the better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    He was playing within himself imo last season and the start of this. Appetite was back massively last night.
    I had to read that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    So Ru happy with Ambrose and Whitts level of performance so far this season mate?? Both experienced pros who should be doing a lot better and the quicker they bothbfind their form the better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I've not been happy with the level of performances from any of our defence. If Fontaine was fit I would have him at CB with McG. Would drop Hanlon as well as Ambrose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I had to read that twice.
    😂😂 he's got thousands of admirers so get your specs on mate.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    I've not been happy with the level of performances from any of our defence. If Fontaine was fit I would have him at CB with McG. Would drop Hanlon as well as Ambrose.
    You can't drop Hanlon. He is suffering because of the bomb scare next to him. Ambrose makes the whole back 4 and keeper nervous.

I don't understand why Porteous wasn't given a chance last night - he hasn't put a foot wrong any game he's played.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I thought that as well, he has barely missed a game and maybe the wee rest has helped.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I definitely see your point like. Little bit of blame for either and it's the anti christ. They are Hibs legends and rightfully so but you can't absolve them of
    Any blame at all whilst Ambrose and Whittaker are ripped to shreds.
    I think it's the opposite most of the time, because they have came through the ranks they get more abuse than brought in players.

I know a couple of Tranent guys who said because they were locals they would never sign for Tranent Juniors as they would get absolute pelters from the crowd. Witnessed it myself at tranent and thought Paul Kane suffered the same years ago at Easter Road.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think it's the opposite most of the time, because they have came through the ranks they get more abuse than brought in players.

I know a couple of Tranent guys who said because they were locals they would never sign for Tranent Juniors as they would get absolute pelters from the crowd. Witnessed it myself at tranent and thought Paul Kane suffered the same years ago at Easter Road.
    I would agree in the past it's been the case especially when players breaking through couldn't match the expectations the golden generation set but with Lewis and Paul because they are legends and been at the club so long they are blameless to some and I can see why! Whilst proving your point the pelters Swanson has got at times is ott because he's
    One of us and we expect better whilst the mysterious Slivka gets shouts to play every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    You can't drop Hanlon. He is suffering because of the bomb scare next to him. Ambrose makes the whole back 4 and keeper nervous.

I don't understand why Porteous wasn't given a chance last night - he hasn't put a foot wrong any game he's played.
    You prove my point.

You prove my point.
    Put it another way, do you think ambrose is struggling because of hanlon?

Thought not. McGregor and hanlon is the best partnership and the quicker we can get back to that the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Put it another way, do you think ambrose is struggling because of hanlon?

Thought not. McGregor and hanlon is the best partnership and the quicker we can get back to that the better.
    The whole defence is struggling, to put all the blame on ambrose is ridiculous. Hanlon has made a couple of individual errors as well as others this season so don't see how he is escaping criticism. Collectively as said before defensively we have been poor,each as bad as each other. I would like to see ambrose deployed in defensive Midfield, when the ball is at his feet he can play football and can clearly pick a pass.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 20-09-2017 at 11:25 AM.