hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeough

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely Dylan is due a start? Was amazed he didnt get one tonight but did well when he came on.
    DM changed the tempo of the match when he came on.

For me, if fit he must start.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    His passing was immense tonight and the amount of space he seems to create is mad. I've quite liked Slivka but he was poor tonight.

Love watching the laddie play fitba when he's in that kind of mood. Top priority is to keep him fit , if it means letting him get 30 - 45 mins a game then so be it.

Imagine how good he could be if he got a full season playing regularly week in week out.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Tonight could be a pivotal moment in our season if it makes us realise just how good and important Mcgeouch is. Absolutely outstanding when he came on and had to start every week if fit.

Baffles me how Dylan is not one of the first names on the team sheet. Controls the games tempo fantastically and is a real asset

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    How he's not in the team I do not know an absolute joy to watch

He has to start on Saturday. I'm not sure if there's an issue with him and Lennon but if there is it has to be put to one side for the good of the team.

He changed the whole dynamic of the game tonight and when he came on we played all our football with a quicker tempo in their half. He has the ability to take the ball in tight spaces and creates space from nothing. More importantly he knows when to keep it simple and ensure we keep the ball rather than trying to force something that isn't on and losing us possession. Hopefully that's a lesson he can teach Messrs McGinn and Swanson.

It mystifies me that some still can't seem to see or acknowledge just how good a fit McGeough is, the best footballer at the club.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he was the touch of class we have been needing tonight. Excellent and just what we needed. Should find a system that he fits in so he can start

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I thought he was the touch of class we have been needing tonight. Excellent and just what we needed. Should find a system that he fits in so he can start
    Yep, we look a much better team when Dylan plays. He seems to steady us. Brilliant wee footballer.

He passed it to a Hibs player nearly every time he had it tonight. Sounds simple but the rest of the midfield didn't do that too often.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    His passing was immense tonight and the amount of space he seems to create is mad. I've quite liked Slivka but he was poor tonight.
    I only got in at 2-2 so whatever happened for the first half hour I missed.

From then on I thought Slivka was our best player until he went off, and after that McGeouch was head and shoulders above everyone else our best player.

Sorting out the balance of the midfield is another of Lennon's challenges (although not as pressing as that defence) but I'd be playing McGinn with Slivka and McGeouch.

And Mcgeouch would be the first name down, every single week (if fit).

I thought he was MOTM tonight. Turned a game that we were struggling to impose ourselves on into one that we were very much on the front foot and dominating.

Superb night's work from him.

Motm

Have to agree he was MOTM tonight, must start on Saturday if we want three points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I only got in at 2-2 so whatever happened for the first half hour I missed.

From then on I thought Slivka was our best player until he went off, and after that McGeouch was head and shoulders above everyone else our best player.

Sorting out the balance of the midfield is another of Lennon's challenges (although not as pressing as that defence) but I'd be playing McGinn with Slivka and McGeouch.

And Mcgeouch would be the first name down, every single week (if fit).

I thought he was MOTM tonight. Turned a game that we were struggling to impose ourselves on into one that we were very much on the front foot and dominating.

Superb night's work from him.

Kenny miller on twitter tonight stated Dylan was told in summer he could leave if he wanted. Surprised at this story. Thought he was one we'd be wanting to keep

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He has to start on Saturday. I'm not sure if there's an issue with him and Lennon but if there is it has to be put to one side for the good of the team.

He changed the whole dynamic of the game tonight and when he came on we played all our football with a quicker tempo in their half. He has the ability to take the ball in tight spaces and creates space from nothing. More importantly he knows when to keep it simple and ensure we keep the ball rather than trying to force something that isn't on and losing us possession. Hopefully that's a lesson he can teach Messrs McGinn and Swanson.

It mystifies me that some still can't seem to see or acknowledge just how good a fit McGeough is, the best footballer at the club

Why then does Lennon still choose to ignore him? when ever he's played, he's so far ahead of any other player on the pitch. A fit Dylan = good tempo, direct football on the deck and clever intelligent football.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Kenny miller on twitter tonight stated Dylan was told in summer he could leave if he wanted. Surprised at this story. Thought he was one we'd be wanting to keep
    Really hope not. Top player who was MotM tonight despite the short time he played.

Has to start. When fit, he is outstanding. Play him Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    Really hope not. Top player who was MotM tonight despite the short time he played.

Has to start. When fit, he is outstanding. Play him Lennon.
    Totally with you. Was shocked to see that providing it's true

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Totally with you. Was shocked to see that providing it's true
    It was on the PM board during the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not good. Come on Hibs, Dylan is class.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Someone mentioned it and was shot down but you can understand why he was shot down, it just seemed so unlikely at the time.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Millar also does say he was told he could leave but then there was a "rethink" and he stayed on. Got to start most weeks for us if fit.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He also said that thankfully there had been a rethink.

Dylan is a fantastic player, but he seemed at times last season to be one match in one match out - I imagine thats frustrating for the coaches.

A great player on the treatment table is no use.

However, its unlikely that anyone would want to get rid of him if he can perform regularly like tonight.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Lennon is trying to protect him given his injury problems.

Correct. An unfit player is not a handy one but for me Dylan is a fantastic player one we should be looking to extend his contract provided his fitness is decent.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He is a joy to watch - such a graceful footballer. A do have plenty options with midfield, with a lot of quality to choose from, but Dylan is arguably the best of the lot.

It would have been a horrendous decision to get rid of Dylan in the summer. Mcgeouch is our best midfielder and after tonight has to start on Saturday.

I'll reiterate what I said at the start of this thread - Dylan McGeouch is one of the best midfielders in the country, outside of Celtic. His range of passing and composure on the ball is outstanding.

He was the best player on the pitch by a mile, during the time that he was on tonight.

If he's anywhere near full fitness then he has to start every game, the guy's different class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'll reiterate what I said at the start of this thread - Dylan McGeouch is one of the best midfielders in the country, outside of Celtic. His range of passing and composure on the ball is outstanding.

He was the best player on the pitch by a mile, during the time that he was on tonight.

If he's anywhere near full fitness then he has to start every game, the guy's different class.
    Says it all.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Dylan was a breath of fresh air in a stuff room tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

And his contract is running down

I know the injuries are an issue but he is more than worth it for me. Best player at the club when he is fit

Head and shoulders above everyone on that pitch when he came on...and that icludes the much vaunted SJM..he was excellent and changed the game in our favour. For me he has got to start Sat