hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeough

Dylan McGeough

What's the script with him? Is he carrying a knock again or does NL just not fancy him?

He was absolutely superb at Ibrox, a genuinely top class midfield performance. He seems to have been one of the fall guys for the Hamilton debacle and hasn't had a look in since. If he's fit then I really don't get it tbh. His ball retention and ability to dictate the pace of a game was exactly what we were missing today.

Really hope to see him back in the side asap.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was doing a lot of stretching again after he came on. If fit I'd play him from the start.

He's our best midfielder without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the script with him? Is he carrying a knock again or does NL just not fancy him?

He was absolutely superb at Ibrox, a genuinely top class midfield performance. He seems to have been one of the fall guys for the Hamilton debacle and hasn't had a look in since. If he's fit then I really don't get it tbh. His ball retention and ability to dictate the pace of a game was exactly what we were missing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The problem is who to leave out.

In most of the "team for Saturday" threads I leave out Bartley, yet when I go to the game he's our best player.

McGinn is our best player, Bartley is fantastic at what he does and never has a bad game, it is a mystery how a player as good as Slivka can't be found a place and McGeouch always makes us look a better team. We need width so Boyle and Barker must play, you can't really consider dropping Stokes as he's playing well and scoring goals whilst Murray hasn't done anything to merit being dropped either.

I think Lennon may have over-reacted to the Accies game. There's no doubt that we were poor, but we've suffered for the absences of Stevenson and McGeouch. McGregor is a big miss too.

Dylan McGeouch is arguably our best player, I genuinely rate him as one of the best midfielders in Scotland, outside of Celtic.

If he's fit then he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

In most of the "team for Saturday" threads I leave out Bartley, yet when I go to the game he's our best player.

McGinn is our best player, Bartley is fantastic at what he does and never has a bad game, it is a mystery how a player as good as Slivka can't be found a place and McGeouch always makes us look a better team. We need width so Boyle and Barker must play, you can't really consider dropping Stokes as he's playing well and scoring goals whilst Murray hasn't done anything to merit being dropped either.

I think Lennon may have over-reacted to the Accies game. There's no doubt that we were poor, but we've suffered for the absences of Stevenson and McGeouch. McGregor is a big miss too.
    Sorry don't agree with you, McGeouch is the best player we have in midfield when he's stripped we very rarely lose .
    McGinn is a class act but needs to step his game up and show what a top player he is

I'd drop Boyle for McGeouch and play 4-3-3 with Barker and Stokes either side of Murray.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Dylan is our best technical midfielder with superb vision, if fit which he is at the moment he has to start the game, he allows McGinn the freedom to play his natural game and his tempo makes the team tick.

Dylan is class we always look better with him in team. Who knows how he is being managed regarding fitness injuries but i feel lennon is planning future without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'd drop Boyle for McGeouch and play 4-3-3 with Barker and Stokes either side of Murray.
    I would drop Barker for McGeouch. Opinions eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    He's our best midfielder without a doubt.
    No he's not. McGinn is a far better all round player.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    No he's not. McGinn is a far better all round player.
    No he is not. McGeoch is better so is Stokes Opinions Eh! Like a********s everyone has one

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    And very similar - it's just a case of which of them starts and who then comes off the bench.

Lennon out, Albanian Hibs in!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    If fit I'd have McGeough starting every week. Not sure the balance of this team is there yet.

I think there is a kind of consensus here though - and I think Neil Lennon will have identified that already. The thread is suggesting we bench one of Boyle/Barker and bring in McGeouch. FWIW - I agree with that.

On yesterday's performance - I feel it would be Boyle who would be dropped. However, I think maybe when he's not played as an out-and-out winger Boyle is more effective. He's also shown over time an impressive improvement so, on balance, I'd bench Barker for now and use him as a sub later in the game.

Personally - I'd also start Slivka in place of big Marv who never lets us down but would be required more away from home.

Before yesterday I felt Bartley has to be a starter to allow others to play. He didn't have a bad game with him and McGinn up against three central midfielders but I think Slivka could play that role and be better at building the play. This would allow a place for Mcgeouch alongside Mcginn with Stokes playing in behind Murray and Boyle as I feel Stones drops deep and leaves Murray isolated upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Personally - I'd also start Slivka in place of big Marv who never lets us down but would be required more away from home.
    I like Bartley when we have a back four, as he covers the centre halves which allows them to cover if a full back is caught higher up the pitch. We don't need him if we have a back three however.

Before yesterday I felt Bartley has to be a starter to allow others to play. He didn't have a bad game with him and McGinn up against three central midfielders but I think Slivka could play that role and be better at building the play. This would allow a place for Mcgeouch alongside Mcginn with Stokes playing in behind Murray and Boyle as I feel Stones drops deep and leaves Murray isolated upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Both perfectly valid. I would not play them together. Better to have McGeogh in the middle. Whichever one starts can be replaced with the other. Not because I think they are not playing well, just because we need McGeogh in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    The trouble is Lennon doesn't know what his best team is. He needs to decide on a system of play, one which hopefully accommodates Dylan. Then stick with it - a settled team well bring results.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Surely Dylan is due a start? Was amazed he didnt get one tonight but did well when he came on.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Surely Dylan is due a start? Was amazed he didnt get one tonight but did well when he came on.
    He was absolutely outstanding - totally changed the game.

His decision making is brilliant, he only gave the ball away once.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar

Bartley is excellent at what he does but unfortunately we don't always need that in some of these games, and it means one of McGeough, McGinn or Slivka miss out. Personally I'd have those three (if fit) starting the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Once again he swung the game in our favour when he came on. His direct, incisive passing makes such a difference to our attacking play. He has to start on saturday after that performance.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Our best midfielder imo

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Bartley is excellent at what he does but unfortunately we don't always need that in some of these games, and it means one of McGeough, McGinn or Slivka miss out. Personally I'd have those three (if fit) starting the next few games.
    I personally don't think Slivka has done anything to note since ibrox. Definitely a player there though and will be vital over the season. Would have Dylan, Bartley, Mcginn playing Saturday

Have to say Dylan was absolutely outstanding when he came on, can't honestly believe he has been on the bench the past few games. Best passer at the club
    Last edited by cabbage_88; 19-09-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Our best midfielder imo
    I actually agree

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Our best midfielder imo