Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky

First Team Breakthrough

Rocky

Needs to take a courage pill. Totally bottled it for their first goal

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Stinker today.

Was poor right from the off and we were lucky to get away with it in the first half

The second half however...

Always thought he has been shaky and a disaster waiting to happen. Not sure he was the main problem today though.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always thought he has been shaky and a disaster waiting to happen. Not sure he was the main problem today though.
    That's one of the first poor games he's ever had for us.

He did the same in pre-season at Dunfermline and we were lucky it was disallowed as it was never a foul. I like Rocky but he doesn't fill me with much confidence when crosses come in.

Seemed to jar his right wrist in the warm up but seemed to shake it off. He was woeful today though. There seemed to be a lack of communication through the back

Apologies for excessive use of 'seemed'
    Last edited by Fuzzywuzzy; 16-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Everything about him today was, to put it bluntly, pish.

Distribution was woeful, he never got near a Hibs player with his kicking in the 2nd half particularly. Flapped at 2 crosses in the 1st half then hesistated comong for the cross at the goal and when he finally did come it was half hearted.

He's better than that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    I spotted that too. I watch the goalie warmups most week and in them Laidlaw looks sharper IMO and the young goalie looks enthusiastic but Marciano always seems a little too laid back though if it works for him... that first goal he should have went for, no idea why he stayed put. Even if he narrowed the angle it would have been better. 2nd goal was a great finish to be fair. Marciano and Ambroses game of who can kick the ball highest was as amusing as it was nerve wracking

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Just seen the goals on sky. Rocky horrendous for the first.
    Ambrose totally sold for the second.

Needs dropped, looks half arsed with distribution and looks totally uncomfortable uber crosses. Laidlaw in on Tuesday. He should've came for the cross for the goal also the sitter of a header moult missed 1st half he should have been coming for as well

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i do seem to tense up a tad when crosses come in to our box

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Needs dropped, looks half arsed with distribution and looks totally uncomfortable uber crosses. Laidlaw in on Tuesday. He should've came for the cross for the goal also the sitter of a header moult missed 1st half he should have been coming for as well
    I would not argue with this.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What the **** was Rocky doing at the first? Genuinely what was he doing, haven't seen it back.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 16-09-2017 at 06:14 PM.

His shot stopping is alright but absolutely honking at crosses/ corners.
    The St Johnstone keeper last week was out and up brilliantly.
    Come on Rocky son. Improvement needed.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskas View Post
    I spotted that too. I watch the goalie warmups most week and in them Laidlaw looks sharper IMO and the young goalie looks enthusiastic but Marciano always seems a little too laid back though if it works for him... that first goal he should have went for, no idea why he stayed put. Even if he narrowed the angle it would have been better. 2nd goal was a great finish to be fair. Marciano and Ambroses game of who can kick the ball highest was as amusing as it was nerve wracking
    There's a bit too much of this in our team at the moment for my liking. We could do with Darren McGregor's intensity, aggression and concentration coming back to lead them all by example very soon.

I even wondered if it was the weather that affected Rocky today? It was wetter than normal - he seemed to get the fear, inside of calmly plucking crosses he dithered, flapped - basically every time a ball went into the box it looked like it might be a goal.

One bad game doesn't make a bad player, but he needs to bounce back from that one fast. We've had a few inept goalkeeping performances over the years - that was right up there.

Poor distribution and honking at crosses. Either give laidlaw a chance or find another goalie in Jan.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i do seem to tense up a tad when crosses come in to our box
    Is that you Rocky ?

Good one!

To blame for the first.

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Poor distribution and honking at crosses. Either give laidlaw a chance or find another goalie in Jan.
    6 games into the season so a bit over the top if you ask me! Big change up for a number of players this season, give them a wee bit of a chance to adjust!!

@hibs.net private member
    It was only a case of bottle for the first because he completely failed to react. If he had made a positive move to that ball when it was played Moult wouldn't have got near it. I thought he looked terrified most of the game today and flapped at pretty much every ball which went his way. I can't say he has won me over at any point and see him as decent and I actually prefer Laidlaw as he looks better at crosses. Laidlaw was dropped whilst performing well and given we haven't had a clean sheet in the league I think deserves a run out of Tuesday. Rocky is capable of world class saves but I prefer my keepers to be able to deal with the bread and butter issues the vast majority of the time. He doesn't look capable of that to me on current form.

Blog Entries
    I must admit I never quite understood the love affair on here with Rocky but I'm always unwilling to join in personal criticism of any of our players. I genuinely however don't see a great difference between Rocky & either Ben Williams or the much maligned Oxley. IMO the strength of all 3 was their shot stopping & the weakness their inability to deal with crosses. I think Rocky usually brings a sense of calm to the defence but that plus will soon disappear if he loses the support of the crowd. Hopefully he can sort it out in training but I would play Ross on Tuesday.

Bloody he'll our usually reliable keeper as one iffy game and folk are wanting a new keeper in already, let's be serious...

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Was in the Dunbar end today and even from the full length of the pitch a I could see that he was flapping at every cross into the box. Said to my son at half time that he was going to cost us and unfortunately he did. Still think he is good keeper but he was horrific for the first goal.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Don't think he's been the same since he had a nightmare for Israel in the game v Spain back in March.

Rocky is a really good goalkeeper who had a bad game today, anyone calling for his head needs to realise that every player has a bad game sometimes! One of, if not the best goalies I've ever seen any Hibs. Great shot-stopping, normally composed on the ball and normally is confident coming for crosses. Just an off day

Let's be honest, he had virtually nothing to do last season, none if us know how good or bad he is. He'll be tested much more this season, after that a judgement can be made.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Rocky is a really good goalkeeper who had a bad game today, anyone calling for his head needs to realise that every player has a bad game sometimes! One of, if not the best goalies I've ever seen any Hibs. Great shot-stopping, normally composed on the ball and normally is confident coming for crosses. Just an off day
    He's a good keeper that had a bad day at the office.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Let's be honest, he had virtually nothing to do last season, none if us know how good or bad he is. He'll be tested much more this season, after that a judgement can be made.
    Correct.

We all know he is a great instinctive shot stopper but other teams will catch on quick if he has an issue coming for crosses that should be his.
    Moult was only 3 yards out when he put in the first and the ball travelled a long way to reach him. Rocky should have come and cleared it out.

He should spend the vast majority of his time in training on decision making relative to crosses. Day after day after day until he gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He's a good keeper that had a bad day at the office.
    The Office is in a different EH postcode, is it not?