hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    It isn't quite clicking for us but to say he's clueless is nonsense.

Having said that, I expect to see changes next week.

Whittaker seems to be getting ire from most at the moment but if people think just bringing Stevenson back is going to fix our defence they're dreaming.

Whittaker wasn't responsible for any of the goals conceded today and didn't lose the ball any more frequently than McGinn.

I think we need to get the balance right in midfield and up front.

Big Dave and one of Slivka and McGeough need to be accommodated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nonsense, mcginn constantly giving the ball away means we will get outplayed
    I agree with that. But what doesn't help is having someone who looks as comfortable with the ball at his feet as Bambi does on Ice. Bartley isnt why we lost because he does break up play and cover defence well. But if you play Bartley you need McGeouch or Slivka to help play it.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    He is not exempt from criticism, at 2-0 we need to be seeing out games. You can't defend throwing away a 2-0 lead. We are quick to mock hearts for doing the same. He needs to figure out his best team.
    I said in the post you quoted that we are not beyond criticism.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Our manager is far from clueless. The sooner people realise that there are many good teams in this league, the better. So many on here laugh at the Jambos' sense of entitlement and yet seem to expect us to walkover good teams after being out of the league for three years.

The last two away games we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and drew - today we had good spells but were probably lucky to get a point given how good Motherwell were.

We are still finding our feet, but we are competitive and the performance levels have been pretty good. Given the reasonable points return we've had so far, I don't see much need to worry.

There are some concerns certainly, and we're not beyond criticism, but I think we are far more likely to improve than get worse. And we have plenty time to do that.
    Really good post.

Completely agree with everything.

I actually thought our fans were one of the biggest challenges our players faced today.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Barker, Whittaker and matyviciluis whatever the spelling is god awful.
    Hold on, Barker is far from awful. Very harsh. Plus has big Davie even had a proper chance. Bit of a daft comment

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Nonsense.

Motherwell were very good today.
    I'd love Moult up front. Him and Stokes would be a dream.

Nonsense.

Motherwell were very good today.
    Motherwell were allowed to look good today. Middle of the park for us today was very very poor.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I said in the post you quoted that we are not beyond criticism.
    I know that part I agreed with you. Then I added my own thoughts

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    He doesn't know his best team as yet and it's killing us.

Defensively were are absolutely woeful. Seriously bad.

Motherwell can count themselves unlucky they didn't walk away with all three.

As for Barker ? This is the big league pal. Get used to it.
    Barker???? Maybe highlighting rocky, or Whittaker or Ambrose today but barker was a nightmare for them first half. Certainly contributed positively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'd say Murray deserves to be dropped, but...I'd still play him ahead of big Dave, and you just can't play Stokes as a centre forward cos he drifts all over the place and you end up playing with nobody up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I know that part I agreed with you. Then I added my own thoughts
    Fair dos man.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He seemed to panic when it went to 2-1 and we lost any outball when he went 1 up top. We were already wasteful in possession so lumping even more pressure on a shaky defence and keeper who was struggling was a recipe fpr disaster. We were under the cosh for a 10 minute spell and paid the price.

He's got questions to answer now as our bright start seems a long time ago now and we've 2 very tough away trips to come. Big confidence boosting win required on Tuesday.
    We weren't controlling the ball though, he tried an extra man in midfield to control the game. Didn't work because we won nothing up top with Dave there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Really?

I didn't enjoy it at all. Piss poor football. Terrible passing. Some dross control, couple of folk even tripping over the bloody ball.
    That happens in every level of football in those conditions. It was a wet ball on a soaking wet surface in a very close competitive game.

I personally felt that was a really good game with two decent teams, Motherwell were undoubtably the better for large spells but if you're looking for la liga type football you were at the wrong place.

I'd say Murray deserves to be dropped, but...I'd still play him ahead of big Dave, and you just can't play Stokes as a centre forward cos he drifts all over the place and you end up playing with nobody up front.
    You mean man of the match Stokes who scored two goals?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Our manager is far from clueless. The sooner people realise that there are many good teams in this league, the better. So many on here laugh at the Jambos' sense of entitlement and yet seem to expect us to walkover good teams after being out of the league for three years.

The last two away games we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and drew - today we had good spells but were probably lucky to get a point given how good Motherwell were.

We are still finding our feet, but we are competitive and the performance levels have been pretty good. Given the reasonable points return we've had so far, I don't see much need to worry.

There are some concerns certainly, and we're not beyond criticism, but I think we are far more likely to improve than get worse. And we have plenty time to do that.
    I'm sorry but if we're two up with the squad at our disposal I feel entitled to think we should see the game out.

Lennon's not clueless but he's not without his share of the blame either.

Gamer IDs

You mean man of the match Stokes who scored two goals?
    I'm not having a go at Stokes. At all.

I'm saying playing him up front as the centre forward, instead of Murray, doesn't work, as he doesn't stay in that position.

Left by mutual consent!
    How could anyone enjoy that ?

Our passing was terrible and Motherwell were all over us at times.

Moult had too much space the whole game

Poor stuff

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That happens in every level of football in those conditions. It was a wet ball on a soaking wet surface in a very close competitive game.

I personally felt that was a really good game with two decent teams, Motherwell were undoubtably the better for large spells but if you're looking for la liga type football you were at the wrong place.
    I agree up to a point, but I thought Motherwell were much better than us. 2-0 completely flattered us. The positive thing is that we regrouped and got a draw. Apart from Stokes our big players didn't perform.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Been saying the same for a while now, it takes time we have no divine right to a top div place we have to fight and play for it. if that means dropping fav players then thats what will be needed. We are no as good as we may think we are.
    Hearts seemed to come up and do quite well in their first season...

Gamer IDs

It happened to us a lot more than it happened to Motherwell today. Conditions were obv the same for both teams.

I don't expect La Liga standard from Hibs, but I don't expect what I saw today either.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Motherwell were allowed to look good today. Middle of the park for us today was very very poor.
    I felt Mcginn and Bartley were very good for a long spell but they visibly tired very quickly in the second half.

I personally felt a sub should have been made quicker to get Slivka and/or Mcgeouch on but some of the criticism of Lennon is way over the top. It's a game of small margins and he maybe felt we were capable of getting a third on the break.

Fwiw I also thought the praise of Lennon and the clammer for him to get a new contract was also over the top, everyone IMO is in too much of a rush to say we're either pish or the best side since Brazil '70 when in reality we're probably a gradually improving side that's still finding our feet in this league, we'll have some good weeks and some bad weeks.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Hi Leeann.

Silly talk eh.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    We will come good, especially if we go for moult in january, even if this means loosing mcginn. The fact is though, we're aiming for top 6, and still finding our feet. My only criticism of lennon is dropping lewis and not giving slivka a start since his performance at ipox - this said, the starting line up this week performed well the two previous weeks.

I have 100% confidence in lennon.

This place is ****ing nuts sometimes. I'd hate to work at Hibs and be tasked with incremental improvement whilst keeping a bunch of folk with unrealistic expectations onside.

We've just been promoted and lost once in eleven games. Yet Lennon is the one being labelled 'clueless'!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I felt Mcginn and Bartley were very good for a long spell but they visibly tired very quickly in the second half.

I personally felt a sub should have been made quicker to get Slivka and/or Mcgeouch on but some of the criticism of Lennon is way over the top. It's a game of small margins and he maybe felt we were capable of getting a third on the break.

Fwiw I also thought the praise of Lennon and the clammer for him to get a new contract was also over the top, everyone IMO is in too much of a rush to say we're either pish or the best side since Brazil '70 when in reality we're probably a gradually improving side that's still finding our feet in this league, we'll have some good weeks and some bad weeks.
    Yep, this is how I feel. There are some good teams in this league - Motherwell won 3 on the bounce ahead of today.

We learn and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Hearts seemed to come up and do quite well in their first season...
    We've only lost once this season , at this stage that's quite good as well.

Not amazing, not terrible but quite good I'd say.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Once again lennon costs us with ridiculous tactics at 2/1

Utter pish, the players cost us. McGinn had another howler, murray ineffective the same with big dave, Whittaker is never a left back and The keeper sold the first goal. We miss big Daz at the back.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Murray has really gone off the boil after a good start. For me we need someone up front who can win headers. Every clearance today came straight back at us.

I'd like Stokes on the left of a front 3 with Big Dave in the middle and Boyle or Barker up front.

That also allows us to bring in another central midfielder to help control the game and protect the defence. Slivka has really impressed when I've seen him.

He has to start Slivka in the middle of the park beside SJM.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    First thread I've opened since full time. And the last.

I'll be back in a few days once the rockets have disappeared.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"