hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He did accept responsibility in his interview after the game. Maybe you should listen to the whole interview.
    He slated the players and many of the issues during the game and then said that was not a reflection on him. After he said all the mistakes were their fault he then said he took responsibility. Not exactly as noble as they way you said it. Ultimately he will have to take responsibility because that is what managers do. He has no choice in that. If he is doing it for a reaction then fair enough. It hasn't worked for him before, after last year's Raith game, but there are a few new players. My issue is that he perhaps needs to be looking at his own performance and that of the others involved in preparing the team..

Much of what he said I agree with but there are lots of areas in the team that need attention. Our slow starts, lack of communication, set piece defending, kick offs, throw ins (taking and defending), corners, closing down teams and a host of other elements where we are well below what a well organised team at our level should be producing. They are all in his control and some had a major bearing on the weekends performance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Agree with every word he says...

Everything he says is reasonable. We are doing ok this season. Should be 4 points better but still ok.
    The problem is if you look back the posters most vocally anti Lennon now didn't want him in the first place.
    Sadly it's more important for some people to be right than for Hibs to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Lots of questinoable decisions and tactics. Get Stevenson back in at left back and drop whittaker to begin with.
    Most baffling decision for me was just before their 2nd goal. Bid dave was marking a player at the throw in, just imfromt of the taker. Queue Lennon (I believe) telling hik to drop off and mark the player further up the park. Dave moves and the throw goes to the player that he was initially marking. 2 passes later Goal... Can't fathom the logic behind it whatsoever. Should have been someone else marking him perhaps but that's another issue.
    I tried to find this on Hibs tv but the camera did not show it. It turns out that you were bang on and it was mentioned on sportscene but, I think it was, michael steward was blaming the player for running away for no reason - I am a fan of lennon and it will take a lot to change that but this is something he needs to put his hand up to if he is to blame the boys for their mistakes,vif only to keep the respect he rightfully seems to have. It has to be said that Ambrose stll should have been on goalside of moult to stop the shot from going towards goal.
    Last edited by andybev1; 18-09-2017 at 06:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Today's press conference where he talks about Saturday again and the Livi game....

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41351812

Doesn't want us to be the great entertainers, and wants to keep clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    Rangers???Absolute nonsense.This is the same Rangers you refer to that we destroyed on their own patch?

it's fans like you that are the problem with the club.No belief in the team at all despite the fact its the best squad we have had in over a decade.The current situation is Lennon's doing. we have the tools on the park more than capable of top 3.
    Destroyed Rangers? Ffs man we won 3-2 against ten men. Fwiw this collection of players imo has nothing on the Scottish Cup winning team. That was our best team since Mowbrays.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I just watched highlights of yesterday's match on Sportscene.

The defending for Motherwell's second goal was as bad as their first. The programme actually pin pointed Matulevicius (I think it was) turning his back on the Motherwell player taking the throw in which led to their goal. He just turned his back and trotted off down the pitch. It's not clear if he was trying to pick up a Motherwell player, but it didn't look like it from the pictures.

Then, experienced players sold themselves at least twice diving into "tackles" before the ball was banged into the net.
    I haven't seen anyone mention the reason Motherwell got the throw-in from which they scored (and it wasn't included in the highlights). One of our central defenders played a square pass to David Gray who had no-one near him. He took his eye off the ball and it rolled under his foot and out for a throw-in. 30 seconds later Motherwell had equalised from that throw-in