hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

The main problem here is Neil Lennon

He doesn't know his best team as yet and it's killing us.

Defensively were are absolutely woeful. Seriously bad.

Motherwell can count themselves unlucky they didn't walk away with all three.

As for Barker ? This is the big league pal. Get used to it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ahm no gonnae start havin a pop at lennon, but surely tae f, we should huv got the defence fixed oot by noo. Mibbe the keepers no gettin any confidence fae the guys in front ay him.
    FFS mair stupid points dropped.

Lennon : Clueless

Once again lennon costs us with ridiculous tactics at 2/1

Sack him ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

He's far from clueless. Motherwell for me were simply a better team.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Clueless is very harsh but no doubt about it he is massively underperforming in his job this season.
    Playing Whittaker in defence, playing Barker (who offers nothing) ahead of Slivka, constant chopping & changing of the back 4.
    He needs to give himself a serious rocket and show he knows how to fix things immediately.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I think a few fans are beginning to realise that we aren't as good as they'd like to think. Especially at the back.

He seemed to panic when it went to 2-1 and we lost any outball when he went 1 up top. We were already wasteful in possession so lumping even more pressure on a shaky defence and keeper who was struggling was a recipe fpr disaster. We were under the cosh for a 10 minute spell and paid the price.

He's got questions to answer now as our bright start seems a long time ago now and we've 2 very tough away trips to come. Big confidence boosting win required on Tuesday.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Barker was excellent in the first half, faded badly in the second. Whittaker needs to be dropped. Our passing was very poor today.

It's looking like a repeat of last season, filled with mediocre performances and lots of 1 point matches.

Except we are now in a league with teams that will punish our dropped points instead of letting us get an easy climb to the top.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Once we are up against it he takes off our only two players with pace for the counterattack. We should have went to a back 3 and played gray and whiticker as wingbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a few fans are beginning to realise that we aren't as good as they'd like to think. Especially at the back.
    Been saying the same for a while now, it takes time we have no divine right to a top div place we have to fight and play for it. if that means dropping fav players then thats what will be needed. We are no as good as we may think we are.

Whittaker should be nowhere near the starting 11...been poor for weeks. Utterly ridiculous that Lewy has been dropped

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Whittaker should be nowhere near the starting 11...been poor for weeks. Utterly ridiculous that Lewy has been dropped

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Agree, get him far away from the starting 11

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Our manager is far from clueless. The sooner people realise that there are many good teams in this league, the better. So many on here laugh at the Jambos' sense of entitlement and yet seem to expect us to walkover good teams after being out of the league for three years.

The last two away games we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and drew - today we had good spells but were probably lucky to get a point given how good Motherwell were.

We are still finding our feet, but we are competitive and the performance levels have been pretty good. Given the reasonable points return we've had so far, I don't see much need to worry.

There are some concerns certainly, and we're not beyond criticism, but I think we are far more likely to improve than get worse. And we have plenty time to do that.

I'm sure, like the rest of us, Neil Lennon is not satisfied with our results and our inability to keep a clean sheet.
    He, however, is shrewd and a born winner, and will take the necessary measures to make us a bit tighter at the back.
    We haven't completed a first round of fixtures, and are still adapting to the new demands of the SPL, and so I am prepared to be a little more patient and trust in our manager.

You couldn't say a bad word about him last season without being slaughtered for it. But we struggled at times in the pishiest version of the championship we were in and weve continued on struggling but this time are being punished for it. His tactics are particularly brutal imo, 4-4-2 with Bartley is dying to be outplayed, taking off the pacey players when wanting to hit teams quick.

I'm not suggesting we get rid or anything like that but at the moment he needs have a serious reality check because whatever hes telling them to do isn't working.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Lots of questinoable decisions and tactics. Get Stevenson back in at left back and drop whittaker to begin with.

Most baffling decision for me was just before their 2nd goal. Bid dave was marking a player at the throw in, just im fromt of the taker. Queue Lennon (I believe) telling hik to drop off and mark the player further up the park. Dave moves and the throw goes to the player that he was initially marking. 2 passes later Goal... Can't fathom the logic behind it whatsoever. Should have been someone else marking him perhaps but that's another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    You couldn't say a bad word about him last season without being slaughtered for it. But we struggled at times in the pishiest version of the championship we were in and weve continued on struggling but this time are being punished for it. His tactics are particularly brutal imo, 4-4-2 with Bartley is dying to be outplayed, taking off the pacey players when wanting to hit teams quick.

I'm not suggesting we get rid or anything like that but at the moment he needs have a serious reality check because whatever hes telling them to do isn't working.
    Nonsense, mcginn constantly giving the ball away means we will get outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Our manager is far from clueless. The sooner people realise that there are many good teams in this league, the better. So many on here laugh at the Jambos' sense of entitlement and yet seem to expect us to walkover good teams after being out of the league for three years.

The last two away games we comprehensively outplayed the opposition and drew - today we had good spells but were probably lucky to get a point given how good Motherwell were.

We are still finding our feet, but we are competitive and the performance levels have been pretty good. Given the reasonable points return we've had so far, I don't see much need to worry.

There are some concerns certainly, and we're not beyond criticism, but I think we are far more likely to improve than get worse. And we have plenty time to do that.
    Celtic are the only good team. The rest are just different shades of bang average.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's just signed a new long term deal. Back him ffs. We are only 6 games in.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love the guy but he got it wrong today

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Celtic are the only good team. The rest are just different shades of bang average.
    Your change of context doesn't change my point that it's a competitive league.

I'm very disappointed we didn't win today, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

👍👍

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Nonsense.

Motherwell were very good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I'm sure, like the rest of us, Neil Lennon is not satisfied with our results and our inability to keep a clean sheet.
    He, however, is shrewd and a born winner, and will take the necessary measures to make us a bit tighter at the back.
    We haven't completed a first round of fixtures, and are still adapting to the new demands of the SPL, and so I am prepared to be a little more patient and trust in our manager.
    Indeed ,but it really should not be beyond his wit to see Whittaker has been rank rotten at full back.Have to say some of his NL's judgements have been questionable but the Whittaker situation is so blindly clear you have to wonder what is going on.

Barker, Whittaker and matyviciluis whatever the spelling is god awful.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Clueless is very harsh but no doubt about it he is massively underperforming in his job this season.
    Playing Whittaker in defence, playing Barker (who offers nothing) ahead of Slivka, constant chopping & changing of the back 4.
    He needs to give himself a serious rocket and show he knows how to fix things immediately.
    Agree on Whittaker but barker was superb first half, Whittaker offered him nothing in support.

Never thought I would say it but put Stevenson back in and bench Whittaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Your change of context doesn't change my point that it's a competitive league.

I'm very disappointed we didn't win today, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
    Really?

I didn't enjoy it at all. Piss poor football. Terrible passing. Some dross control, couple of folk even tripping over the bloody ball.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

He is not exempt from criticism, at 2-0 we need to be seeing out games. You can't defend throwing away a 2-0 lead. We are quick to mock hearts for doing the same. He needs to figure out his best team.