hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: JOIN OUR FOOTBALL FANS IN TRAINING

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Anyone on here done this before?

I've put on a fair bit weight recently (and I didnae need much encouragement to start with) and been toying with the idea of trying to lose a bit.

The classroom bit is putting me off though, without wanting to sound arrogant I'd say I'm relatively knowledgable about nutritional stuff already and I've never been a great one for learning from a class room environment.

Anyone able to give any feedback how much is educational and how much is getting a sweat on?

The idea of it being free is appealing but if its something I'd find boring there's probably no point.

I did it 4? years ago. I lost a bit of weight and went from being fairly unfit to running a marathon in a couple of years. I wouldn't say it's the exercises themselves that help, it's the camaraderie you get from everyone else and just educating yourself about what you eat. It's a relaxed environment, you can chew the fat about Hibs with like minded people and it's fun doing the drills next to the ER pitch. I'd highly recommend it.

@hibs.net private member HONG KONG PHOOEY's Avatar
    I done it a couple of years ago. I lost 2 and a half stone due to the nutrition talks and excercise. It starts a little slow as the first week is measurements and weigh in. The talks only last about 20-30 mins then excercise. After 3/4 weeks it should be purely excercise with the odd talk. In my opinion it's well worth it and it's a great motivation training at Easter Road. All the guys on the course (trainers and trainees) are brilliant and it help everyone pull together to lose weight and get fitter. I still go on a Tuesday night for training 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone on here done this before?

I've put on a fair bit weight recently (and I didnae need much encouragement to start with) and been toying with the idea of trying to lose a bit.

The classroom bit is putting me off though, without wanting to sound arrogant I'd say I'm relatively knowledgable about nutritional stuff already and I've never been a great one for learning from a class room environment.

Anyone able to give any feedback how much is educational and how much is getting a sweat on?

The idea of it being free is appealing but if its something I'd find boring there's probably no point.
    I done it a couple of years ago - really good. The classroom stuffs about half an hour and the training about an hour. It's good stuff - basic circuits so you can make them as hard as you want to.

The guys that run it are great as well - really encouraging. Most of them have been though it themselves.

I'd recommend it to anyone. Classroom stuff ok but highlight was circuit training in front of East Stand. Good bunch of guys. Ended up playing football and walking football at East Mains before I moved house so play elsewhere now.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Bingo I can thoroughly recommend it. I done it about 2 years back and lost a couple of stones. As somebody said the early weeks are slow, the class room sessions aren't that long and go into diet, nutrition and the likes.
    You also get the chance to do it with Hibbys in the same boat.
    It's only 12 weeks, what have you got to loose, apart from pounds of the waist.😁
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money