hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greatest Supporters In The World - In Trouble Again

I see Celtc's great European Traditions are being valiantly continued... humped by PSG and facing yet another fine for Fan Misbehaviour.

This time it was just one guy, who ran onto the pitch and tried to kick a PSG player after the 3rd goal. A single person this time but this is becoming a very regular pattern.

They must be creating some new record for UEFA Fines.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    12 fines in 6 years apparantly

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Celtc's great European Traditions are being valiantly continued... humped by PSG and facing yet another fine for Fan Misbehaviour.

This time it was just one guy, who ran onto the pitch and tried to kick a PSG player after the 3rd goal. A single person this time but this is becoming a very regular pattern.

Only one guy ran onto the pitch poor show,they could have asked us for advice on how to do a proper pitch invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Only one guy ran onto the pitch poor show,they could have asked us for advice on how to do a proper pitch invasion.

Yep, shows a definite lack of effort.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think they'll get hammered for this

That boy better keep his head down for a bit!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Shows the unfairness of it all when one numpty can get the club into trouble.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    He looked so pleased with himself too as he was being carted off by the stewards, whilst the rest of the Celtc fans rightly booed him and looked on with faces of disgust.

I really loathe that club and their supporters as a whole, but I feel a little bit for them that one absolute idiot, who was heckled by his own supporters, is going to land them in more hot water.

It'll no doubt be another fine, which in the grand scheme of things will be paltry. It would be genuinely unfair if they end up having to play games behind closed doors etc because of one total walloper.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    How is it unfair?

One numpty is still one numpty too many.

Only reasonable course of action is banning them from Europe.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

They must be creating some new record for UEFA Fines
    "Finest Supporters in the World" it is then

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    He should have worn his 'cloak of invisibility' and attacked all of the PSG players as happened on 21/05/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    How is it unfair?

One numpty is still one numpty too many.
    What? One guy can get your club into trouble and facing sanctions and fines, it's not too difficult to see how that could be deemed unfair now is it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Have police glasgows crack Find the Elephant in the Phone Box Team identified him yet?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

If they have to play the next euro tie behind closed doors will they not have to refund all the fans who have paid up front for the 3 home ties ???.
    Just as well the loony never connected with his kick

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    He looked so pleased with himself too as he was being carted off by the stewards, whilst the rest of the Celtc fans rightly booed him and looked on with faces of disgust.

I really loathe that club and their supporters as a whole, but I feel a little bit for them that one absolute idiot, who was heckled by his own supporters, is going to land them in more hot water.

It'll no doubt be another fine, which in the grand scheme of things will be paltry. It would be genuinely unfair if they end up having to play games behind closed doors etc because of one total walloper.
    Exactly my point.

Left by mutual consent!
    What? One guy can get your club into trouble and facing sanctions and fines, it's not too difficult to see how that could be deemed unfair now is it.
    If there wasn't recent history of similar happening like when the boy ran on to confront the Milan goalie, IRA singing and illicit banners then I might agree. Celtic are Scotlands shame - again.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I suppose thems the rules and celtc knew before they got into the tournament but its pretty tough on the rest if one bellends actions affects their enjoyment of the next game.

Think their problem is that this is the tip of a very toxic iceberg. EUFA tend to act whilst the Scottish authorities navel gaze or defer in the case of the uglies.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 13-09-2017 at 10:50 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    If they have to play the next euro tie behind closed doors will they not have to refund all the fans who have paid up front for the 3 home ties ???.
    Just as well the loony never connected with his kick
    I would imagine any closed door match would be from next year.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Fair comments. I would take it one step further and say that I feel bit for the supporters that don't also belt out that sectarian trash . Breaking the rules in the stands is the same as breaking them on the pitch.

In the 60s and 70s whenever either of OF went a couple of goals down they invaded the pitch which as often as not allowed them to gather their composure and disrupted the opposition.
    Celtic did the in Drybrough Cup final when we were 3-0 up. Rangers did the same in the semi at ER.
    as well.
    Jock Stein used to wade into the crowd and push them off the field.
    Having said that most top Scottish clubs have had similar problems with individual fans.
    Celtic fan tried to get Strachan
    Rangers fan hit Kevin McKee
    Hearts fans went for Deek and NL
    Hibs fan went for ref for sending Grant Brebnet off.
    It will be interesting to see what UEFA does.

We can't really condone fans running onto the pitch and confronting players though.

There needs to be a deterrent - the perpetrator getting into trouble personally, and there should be an impact on the club, even if it is a small fine in the grand scheme of things. That way fans self-police a bit better (and react like the fans did last night, which is to take a pretty dim view of this guy).

If you don't act tough on this then you'll see more of it, and a player might get injured by some dafty with a weapon. You could make a pretty big statement attacking a £200m player.

Before you know it we could have perimeter fencing back in grounds.

Clubs have to be responsible for the behaviour of their fans in their own ground.

If it was a one off incident, I'd imagine the punishment would reflect that, but it's just the latest in a whole catalogue of events in the last six years.

I'm certainly no lover of Celtic but I do find it grossly unfair that any club can be punished for the actions of one fan out of thousands who did something which was entirely unpreventable.

@hibs.net private member

If it was an isolated incident they'd have my sympathy. The 12 fines in 6 years (with another now to come). Tells you there are wider issues with the support.

Imagine also if in Scotland we took the same view as UEFA? Something might actually get done about it!

F*** 'em, as long as they're getting fined for something. Fine away - them and their ugly sisters get away without action against their fans every time they play.

All roads lead to Rome.

Have Club 1872 released a statement calling for Lennon to be charged over this?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm certainly no lover of Celtic but I do find it grossly unfair that any club can be punished for the actions of one fan out of thousands who did something which was entirely unpreventable.
    That's why they won't allow Strict Liability in Scottish football.

No Caspar involvement this time.

He was their MOTM