hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In amongst all this I'm afraid this is about the only thing that isn't slaver.

We can all say how upset we are about what's right or wrong but what has happened was covered by rules, or in this case, was not catered for in the rules. All bodies that have looked at this including lawyers and courts have agreed that whilst it might not be palatable, the club were punished to the extent allowed for and there are no legal avenues available to change that.

So suggesting the club are somehow morally bankrupt or making us all question or values is the thing that is wrong here - the actual facts of the thing are that if it the justice part you are looking for, it isn't happening.

Quite possibly....due to the intransigence of many posters with similar positions to you.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Unless any statement suggests a way forward to see justice done then what's the point? The clubs know already how the fans feel. It's action that's needed now if people feel strongly enough about this.
    The SFA PR machine is in full swing saying only 1 club cares about this, eg. Ewan Murray in the Guardian, "The notion that fans across Scotland remain enraged by Rangers’ antics and by the approach of officialdom towards the club is continually overplayed. The reality, one people refuse to accept, is that a silent majority of those who attend matches week on week no longer care about this affair."

I don't think that's true, and anything done to counter that perception is good in my book.

I agree action is needed though.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Quite possibly....due to the intransigence of many posters with similar positions to you.
    It's the fans fault right enough.

Anyone disagreeing with you is wrong aye?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It's the fans fault right enough.

Anyone disagreeing with you is wrong aye?

Yes. I think the fans need to take ownership of this, but I'm happy for people to take a different view. It's a democracy and a bit of "Sunshine" on this issue is the best disinfectant in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The SFA PR machine is in full swing saying only 1 club cares about this, eg. Ewan Murray in the Guardian, "The notion that fans across Scotland remain enraged by Rangers’ antics and by the approach of officialdom towards the club is continually overplayed. The reality, one people refuse to accept, is that a silent majority of those who attend matches week on week no longer care about this affair."

I don't think that's true, and anything done to counter that perception is good in my book.

I agree action is needed though.
    A well subscribed crowd funding campaign to challenge the legal advice argument would be the most effective way to counter claims most fans are no longer enraged. The clamour for statements at every turn from fitba fans these days just leaves me bemused.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A well subscribed crowd funding campaign to challenge the legal advice argument would be the most effective way to counter claims most fans are no longer enraged. The clamour for statements at every turn from fitba fans these days just leaves me bemused.
    Fair enough, I'm not clamouring. I'd welcome it though (provided it agreed with me ).

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Fair enough, I'm not clamouring. I'd welcome it though (provided it agreed with me ).
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    In amongst all this I'm afraid this is about the only thing that isn't slaver.

We can all say how upset we are about what's right or wrong but what has happened was covered by rules, or in this case, was not catered for in the rules. All bodies that have looked at this including lawyers and courts have agreed that whilst it might not be palatable, the club were punished to the extent allowed for and there are no legal avenues available to change that.
    Precisely which rule or lack of rule prevented the SFA, as soon as they discovered the extent of The Old Thes' "imperfect player registration", awarding every opponent over the previous decade a 3-0 win? If that had been done for the matches under the SFA's jurisdiction it would have been straightforward for the SPFL to follow suit.

Coaching Staff
    Get a legal opinion of your own then and go for it?

Testimonial Due
    Wait, is the new party line that it's all Andy74's fault?

Because I can get on board with that.

I demand an enquiry into Andy74.

Get a legal opinion of your own then and go for it?
    If I can get some financial support, I’m looking to engage the prosecutor from the Midnight Express.

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    The Scotsman has a poll today - currently 92% voting yes to an independent review.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...-sfa-1-4561529