hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

    49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

    109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

    282 64.09%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 153
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    46,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think you want out of the enquiry then that is important enough to justify more time and expense?
    I'd just like the truth, and after that i'd like time to consider the options?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due McIntosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wimbledon
    Posts
    1,108
    Totally outrageous. Unanimous decision!!! What did our representatives vote? If they voted for this they should resign.

  4. #63

    No review, no sporting integrity, no game, no fans!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are just confirming the point I've been making the last few days. The legal reviews have been done, nothing more can be done on that front and so you aren't growing to get any further justice regardless of what you do from here.

    Also agree that now is time to devote energy to moving on. 3 points on Saturday much more important to most fans.
    The SFA have at best, been asleep on the job.......and at worse been totally corrupt, and complicit in the *******isation of our National sport for years!!

    For years we have watched Clubs (Rangers, Hearts, Livingston, Gretna, etc.) involved in financial doping win titles, and then go into administration within 12 months - how can this be tolerated and worse celebrated?

    For years the SFA and the SPFL has worked to protect the interest of the 2 largest Clubs when the fans are desperate for expanded leagues?

    For years the SFA have run down our game, they are unaccountable, and lack leadership.

    As fans of Hibs FC and Scottish Football we cannot accept this stance by our Club..............surely!!?

  5. #64
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,077
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally outrageous. Unanimous decision!!! What did our representatives vote? If they voted for this they should resign.
    Why should they resign?!

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,213
    The trouble with a poll like this is that those fans who feel really strongly on the issue are far more likely to click their mouse and vote than those who fall into the "couldn't care a monkey's category". The end result may therefore not be truly representative of either the Hibs Net community or the Hibernian support as a whole.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,173
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SFA have at best, been asleep on the job.......and at worse been totally corrupt, and complicit in the *******isation of our National sport for years!!

    For years we have watched Clubs (Rangers, Hearts, Livingston, Gretna, etc.) involved in financial doping win titles, and then go into administration within 12 months - how can this be tolerated and worse celebrated?

    For years the SFA and the SPFL has worked to protect the interest of the 2 largest Clubs when the fans are desperate for expanded leagues?

    For years the SFA have run down our game, they are unaccountable, and lack leadership.

    As fans of Hibs FC and Scottish Football we cannot accept this stance by our Club..............surely!!?
    That's a lot of vague notions. What specifically would an enquiry address?

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should they resign?!
    Because this is the biggest issue the club have been dealing with at board level and they have refused to engage with the fans on the issue. Can't think of a clearer cut case for resigning than that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey, Ex Musselburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    5,474
    didn't really expect anything to happen.

    still pissed off though.

    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,173
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because this is the biggest issue the club have been dealing with at board level and they have refused to engage with the fans on the issue. Can't think of a clearer cut case for resigning than that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean they just didn't agree with you?

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean they just didn't agree with you?
    No, I said they did not engage with the fans. If they had done that and then came to a different view then fair enough but to just blank us in the way they did is a resigning offence. They won't though. It's too much fun hanging out with the movers and shakers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because this is the biggest issue the club have been dealing with at board level and they have refused to engage with the fans on the issue. Can't think of a clearer cut case for resigning than that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nonsense. We don't know what was said during board meetings. Maybe they put across the supporters' points of view very well.

    It's also possible (likely?) that copies of any legal studies/reports were to hand. If lawyers say that there's no point in proceeding then I'd believe them, especially given that they'd be the only ones to benefit financially win or lose (a Rangers appeal against official sanctions would result in thousands of billable hours on both sides).

    As for the decision being unanimous, I for one want want board members, fans' reps or not, to vote with their heads and not their hearts.

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Hibs, that's exactly what we have done. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and Rangers.
    The campaign for an enquiry will go on and will succeed. It's just a great pity that our club will be on the side of corruption and cover up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We did nothing of the kind. It was the view of the Hibs board that a further enquiry would be fruitless. The SFA have said all documentation will be realeased if requested and anyone can sift through to find what they want.

    Do you really think people like Leanne Dempster and Rod Petrie - the man who coined the "sporting integrity" phrase - would want to stand idly by if there was anything they could do that they felt would have an outcome?

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nonsense. We don't know what was said during board meetings. Maybe they put across the supporters' points of view very well.

    It's also possible (likely?) that copies of any legal studies/reports were to hand. If lawyers say that there's no point in proceeding then I'd believe them, especially given that they'd be the only ones to benefit financially win or lose (a Rangers appeal against official sanctions would result in thousands of billable hours on both sides).

    As for the decision being unanimous, I for one want want board members, fans' reps or not, to vote with their heads and not their hearts.
    It's not the way they voted that's the problem, it's the failure to consult the people they claim to represent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the way they voted that's the problem, it's the failure to consult the people they claim to represent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you think they weren't aware of supporter feeling?

    When the reps are appointed, people should be voting for those you trust to represent you, not somebody that comes on here (for example) evrey 5 minutes asking what they should do.

  16. #75
    First Team Regular Glesgahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Feel good city
    Posts
    648
    I feel uncomfortable with the " legal "and "financial" terminology being used to argue that there is no case/appetite for a review by the SFA.
    The LNS report and the 5 way agreement"fans no nothing about"came after the discovery of side letters.
    The side letters prove players where ineligible and as such the SFA had/have the power to enforce there own rules regarding this matter.
    The simple question to the SFA is why couldn't/can't you enforce your own rules/punishment for legal reasons.
    my guess is the 5 way agreement would be laughed out of court,if this is the mechanism used to promise no more sanctions on rangers?
    I don't agree with the boards statement.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    68
    Posts
    3,574
    So we want an enquiry - why? Getting an enquiry is no kind of result that I can see.

    Just the start of another 1300+ page thread like the Rangers meltdown one.

    And the final outcome? Will there be an admission of incompetence by the SFA or some kind of unenforceable punishment meted on old Rangers? Get real.

    Why this forum seems so fully focussed on this issue beats me - and people not attending on Sat? Some people seem to be more anti-Rangers than they are pro-Hibs.

  18. #77
    First Team Breakthrough Essex the Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Basildon, Essex
    Age
    53
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We did nothing of the kind. It was the view of the Hibs board that a further enquiry would be fruitless. The SFA have said all documentation will be realeased if requested and anyone can sift through to find what they want.

    Do you really think people like Leanne Dempster and Rod Petrie - the man who coined the "sporting integrity" phrase - would want to stand idly by if there was anything they could do that they felt would have an outcome?
    'The SFA have said all documentation will be realeased if requested and anyone can sift through to find what they want.'

    Oh ma sides😂. Those shredding machines at the GFA will have been used more than Bernie Madoff's.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'The SFA have said all documentation will be realeased if requested and anyone can sift through to find what they want.'

    Oh ma sides😂. Those shredding machines at the GFA will have been used more than Bernie Madoff's.
    I thought Regan said "if all parties agreed" and surely that includes RFC/TRFC so what he is saying is "there's absolutely no chance".

  20. #79
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'The SFA have said all documentation will be realeased if requested and anyone can sift through to find what they want.'

    Oh ma sides😂. Those shredding machines at the GFA will have been used more than Bernie Madoff's.
    Ok then, you stay in the paranoid Celtic fan camp, I'm going to be backing the team on Saturday and looking forward.

  21. #80
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Regan said "if all parties agreed" and surely that includes RFC/TRFC so what he is saying is "there's absolutely no chance".
    If that's the case I mustn't have heard that, that's me theory scuppered then I suppose!

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    UK
    Age
    82
    Posts
    12,835
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about following their customers' wishes?
    Bad idea when the customers are knobs.
    All of the above is 'IMO'

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    7,681
    **** no, I'm not happy. Not happy at all.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  24. #83
    First Team Breakthrough Essex the Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Basildon, Essex
    Age
    53
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok then, you stay in the paranoid Celtic fan camp, I'm going to be backing the team on Saturday and looking forward.

    So, you actually agree with what comes out of their mouths...?


  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,013
    I'm past caring. Even if there is an enquiry, it'll be the usual "nothing to see here" cover up nonsense, and everyone's time will be wasted. The SFA grit their teeth and demoted Rangers to the Third Division - they're not going to go any further than that. It's a sideshow and now Hibs are back in the top league with a decent team I can think of better things to be concerned about.


    1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

  26. #85
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, you actually agree with what comes out of their mouths...?

    I don't give a flying **** anymore tbh

  27. #86
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Nothing to do with Celtic just being way better than the rest?

    If it is rigged now, why don't Rangers win every game?

    Commemts like this do absolutely nothing for your argument. Let us know how you get on asking for a refund.
    I was clearly being facetious - I'm not actually expecting any money back and won't be asking for it.

    Our club have clearly been affected by this and disadvantaged. Football is now an incredibly rich and powerful business but the core of it is competition. That's why the English Premier League makes crazy money from TV.

    Scotland hasn't been competitive or fair for many years, predating these issues. Dodgy decisions by refs, ignoring sectarian chanting etc.

    Now things have been dragged into the open and had a light shone on them. And our response is to shrug our shoulders and 'move on'.

    Move onto what? Why did this happen? Who allowed it and why won't it happen again?

    Put game is getting weaker and weaker. This move is only a going to male things worse, not better.

    It won't affect my attendance at Easter Road but the club have seriously upset a chunk of fans. That can't be a good thing.

  28. #87
    Testimonial Due sadtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm past caring. Even if there is an enquiry, it'll be the usual "nothing to see here" cover up nonsense, and everyone's time will be wasted. The SFA grit their teeth and demoted Rangers to the Third Division - they're not going to go any further than that. It's a sideshow and now Hibs are back in the top league with a decent team I can think of better things to be concerned about.
    I think this is indicative of this whole sorry sh**storm.
    The constant lies and misinformation that the authorities have allowed to be spouted so often they are now passed as facts.

    The point is, and its a crucial one, rankgers were NOT demoted to the bottom tier. They ceased to exist, started again and were given a helping hand INTO the bottom tier. Completely at odds with the ruling bodies own guidelines and rules, a blind eye was turned to HELP newco f.c. as they did not fit the criteria, it was not to punish oldco f.c.
    As this has never been forcefully argued by the authorities it has allowed this lie to become passed of as fact.

    I guess they have always been fearful of riling the nutters connected with sevco and that decisions have been made with their personal safety as paramount.
    A deeper concern is that they are culpable, including RP and are concerned their collusion and compliance will be outed.
    Its a poor show from Hibs.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,672
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is indicative of this whole sorry sh**storm.
    The constant lies and misinformation that the authorities have allowed to be spouted so often they are now passed as facts.

    The point is, and its a crucial one, rankgers were NOT demoted to the bottom tier. They ceased to exist, started again and were given a helping hand INTO the bottom tier. Completely at odds with the ruling bodies own guidelines and rules, a blind eye was turned to HELP newco f.c. as they did not fit the criteria, it was not to punish oldco f.c.
    As this has never been forcefully argued by the authorities it has allowed this lie to become passed of as fact.

    I guess they have always been fearful of riling the nutters connected with sevco and that decisions have been made with their personal safety as paramount.
    A deeper concern is that they are culpable, including RP and are concerned their collusion and compliance will be outed.
    Its a poor show from Hibs.
    Brilliant post. Those are real facts, yet some still won't except it.

  30. #89
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is indicative of this whole sorry sh**storm.
    The constant lies and misinformation that the authorities have allowed to be spouted so often they are now passed as facts.

    The point is, and its a crucial one, rankgers were NOT demoted to the bottom tier. They ceased to exist, started again and were given a helping hand INTO the bottom tier. Completely at odds with the ruling bodies own guidelines and rules, a blind eye was turned to HELP newco f.c. as they did not fit the criteria, it was not to punish oldco f.c.
    As this has never been forcefully argued by the authorities it has allowed this lie to become passed of as fact.

    I guess they have always been fearful of riling the nutters connected with sevco and that decisions have been made with their personal safety as paramount.
    A deeper concern is that they are culpable, including RP and are concerned their collusion and compliance will be outed.
    Its a poor show from Hibs.
    Good post

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    68
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is indicative of this whole sorry sh**storm.
    The constant lies and misinformation that the authorities have allowed to be spouted so often they are now passed as facts.

    The point is, and its a crucial one, rankgers were NOT demoted to the bottom tier. They ceased to exist, started again and were given a helping hand INTO the bottom tier. Completely at odds with the ruling bodies own guidelines and rules, a blind eye was turned to HELP newco f.c. as they did not fit the criteria, it was not to punish oldco f.c.
    As this has never been forcefully argued by the authorities it has allowed this lie to become passed of as fact.

    I guess they have always been fearful of riling the nutters connected with sevco and that decisions have been made with their personal safety as paramount.
    A deeper concern is that they are culpable, including RP and are concerned their collusion and compliance will be outed.
    Its a poor show from Hibs.
    So, they are culpable of turning a blind eye to their own rules regarding the recruitment of newco to the bottom tier?

    In other words, that is the worrst that an enquiry could conclude?

    And you still want an enquiry?

    Why?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved