hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

    49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

    109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

    282 64.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 153
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    10,075
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry? Well?
    pong.jpg


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,114
    It's a bit of a shocker but, the silence from the club was deafening.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hung us all out to dry! Shocking statement and one that now demands the removal of our out of touch board.

    1999 - 2011 how much cash we all put into hibs during this period? It was a rigged league and we need to begin the fight for compensation as our club masters - for now - seem to think that it's acceptable to Con the lifeblood ...

  5. #34
    Testimonial Due edinburghhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,108
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: goggzie
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

    I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

    As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

    As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    Agree 100% with the final paragraph. By all means voice your concerns at the board on Saturday but only for a limited time. Then we get back behind the boys.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #35
    #dotnettopboiz Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree 100% with the final paragraph. By all means voice your concerns at the board on Saturday but only for a limited time. Then we get back behind the boys.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every team, every game should protest. Banners, chants of we want an enquiry, whatever.

    Every. ****ing. Game.

    Back the team (it's not their fault) but make it ****ing obvious we are not happy.

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,470
    I'm not bothered by it. It hardly as though the ebts snatched titles away from us is it? Just get this whole thing to **** so we can focus on Hibs.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not bothered by it. It hardly as though the ebts snatched titles away from us is it? Just get this whole thing to **** so we can focus on Hibs.
    They knocked out the Scottish a few times though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,631
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You won't get odds on No.
    We're an intelligent group of supporters so i think that goes without saying.

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They knocked out the Scottish a few times though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And we pumped them in the only game that matters

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we pumped them in the only game that matters
    Only game that matters? Should we just pack it up now then?
    Those games mattered as well. So does Saturday's game v Motherwell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only game that matters? Should we just pack it up now then?
    Those games mattered as well. So does Saturday's game v Motherwell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only game that mattered in the Scottish cup against rangers.

    Exactly, look forward. Wrap this pish and move on.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only game that mattered in the Scottish cup against rangers.

    Exactly, look forward. Wrap this pish and move on.
    For Hibs, that's exactly what we have done. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and Rangers.
    The campaign for an enquiry will go on and will succeed. It's just a great pity that our club will be on the side of corruption and cover up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    23,254
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Hibs, that's exactly what we have done. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and Rangers.
    The campaign for an enquiry will go on and will succeed. It's just a great pity that our club will be on the side of corruption and cover up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hibs are just confirming the point I've been making the last few days. The legal reviews have been done, nothing more can be done on that front and so you aren't growing to get any further justice regardless of what you do from here.

    Also agree that now is time to devote energy to moving on. 3 points on Saturday much more important to most fans.

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is the cup final relevant?
    I would also add our last visit to Ibrox when our manager was the vistim of some sort of witch hunt because his team had the audacity ro beat them. Lennon was reported to the Police by their fans, for "cupping" his ears after subjecting him to vile sectarian abuse. Their assistant manager reported him to the Police for celebrating and a gesture that was both fleeting and spontaneous, yet they ignored the abuse that was directed at him.

    They have learned nothing and act again like the bully. The "blue pound"? What a crock of 5h1t. You only have to look at social media to get ageneral feel for their reaction to our club statement. "Hibsed it" seems to be a prominent comment from the Sevconians, they are laughing at us.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are just confirming the point I've been making the last few days. The legal reviews have been done, nothing more can be done on that front and so you aren't growing to get any further justice regardless of what you do from here.

    Also agree that now is time to devote energy to moving on. 3 points on Saturday much more important to most fans.
    The enquiry will happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also add our last visit to Ibrox when our manager was the vistim of some sort of witch hunt because his team had the audacity ro beat them. Lennon was reported to the Police by their fans, for "cupping" his ears after subjecting him to vile sectarian abuse. Their assistant manager reported him to the Police for celebrating and a gesture that was both fleeting and spontaneous, yet they ignored the abuse that was directed at him.

    They have learned nothing and act again like the bully. The "blue pound"? What a crock of 5h1t. You only have to look at social media to get ageneral feel for their reaction to our club statement. "Hibsed it" seems to be a prominent comment from the Sevconians, they are laughing at us.
    We deserve to be laughed at.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,048
    Hibs are spot on with the statement. Concentrate more on Hibs and not punishing another club because of nothing but hatred.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,465
    Who can I speak to about getting a refund for the tickets I purchased for a rigged competition?

    Scottish football is a fast becoming like wrestling - winner is decided beforehand.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    23,254
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The enquiry will happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what? It won't result in any further penalties so if that's what you what you are after it's a waste of time.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We deserve to be laughed at.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nonsense, I'm more than happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with our new Sevco friends, hopefullly I'll get invited to the local Lodge now
    we have tugged the forelock. Anyone been on Ebay to find a songbook of wholesome folk songs with a blue tinge? May as well join in
    because we have given our stamp of approval to another 100 years of it.
    Shame on you, Hibs.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Lothian
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,591
    Voted not bothered. I'm not happy that rangers will not have their titles stripped... But it appears that was never an option anyway.

    I can see the boards position to be honest. They can't deliver what the most vocal fans actually want so no matter what they do they'll be slated. Even if there was an enquiry, when it concluded with no title stripping we'd get the same wailing and gnashing of teeth that we're getting now anyway.

    Might as well just get it over with without taking 10 years and millions of pounds in legal fees to do it.

    As far as I'm concerned old rangers died in 2012. That's good enough for me.

  23. #52
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The enquiry will happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very doubtful that it will happen Ozy, what makes you so sure, because Celtic are pushing it?!

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what? It won't result in any further penalties so if that's what you what you are after it's a waste of time.
    I think it's beyond penalties Andy. It's about transparency and good governance ensuring that competion is fair and that rules are applied. There has been a lot went on to get Sevco into the league structure and that needs to be examined as well as to who did what and when they knew. I am a big defender of Rod but I have concerns over his role in this and I fear I wont like the outcome (as far as Rod is concerned) but this now needs to be done.

  25. #54
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are spot on with the statement. Concentrate more on Hibs and not punishing another club because of nothing but hatred.
    Personally not particularly happy with the statement however like you I agree we just need to move on and concentrate on supporting the team on the park.

  26. #55
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The enquiry will happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you're right, an enquiry of sorts will eventually happen. I have no evidence to support that though, it's just a feeling.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who can I speak to about getting a refund for the tickets I purchased for a rigged competition?

    Scottish football is a fast becoming like wrestling - winner is decided beforehand.
    Really? Nothing to do with Celtic just being way better than the rest?

    If it is rigged now, why don't Rangers win every game?

    Commemts like this do absolutely nothing for your argument. Let us know how you get on asking for a refund.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what? It won't result in any further penalties so if that's what you what you are after it's a waste of time.
    It's not but crack on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

    I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

    As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

    As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    Excellent post.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47,202
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're right, an enquiry of sorts will eventually happen. I have no evidence to support that though, it's just a feeling.
    I too think an enquiry of sorts will happen, probably a fans led one. The reason i think it will be this way is that those in charge are frightened of the consequences.

    We've seen the threats that come out of Ibrox, and also the threats from lunatics from their support.

    It's no wonder there is a reluctance to put their head on the chopping block, and i personally think a lot of those who have voted the way they have are secretly hoping this is the case.

    Sevco really do have a sinister side to them, that no other club i know have, and they know this and know how to use it.

    Perhaps this is why a fans led inquiry is the only way to go?

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    23,254
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not but crack on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you think you want out of the enquiry then that is important enough to justify more time and expense?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved