hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

282 64.09%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont believe anyone outwith Celtic supporters really think that way.
    I've started to think that way and I'm not a Celtic fan.

It's perfectly believable that back in the day, if other boards in Scotland found out about the Huns EBTs, they were happy to allow it to continue because they wanted to raise the profile of our mickey mouse league with the Gascoignes and the Laudrups coming in. In France, ligue 1 chairmen and the FRP are delighted with what's happening with PSG because the Neymar signing in particular puts that ligue on the map globally. It doesn't matter to a competing club chairman that sporting integrity is being compromised, he just wants money, TV deals and higher profile for his club.

Which brings us back to yesterday's statement...
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 13-09-2017 at 07:17 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Really disappointed in the Boards statement.
    We all see the world through different coloured glasses, but for Rod Pitrie to spook-off about “sporting integrity” a couple of years back, then turn a blind eye now just smacks of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Seriously?

Campbell Ogilvie was SFA Vice President while getting paid by a ******g ebt!
    I'm confused. Was he getting paid by Rangers via an EBT??? That would be explosive stuff.

Or was he getting paid by the SFA by an EBT?

I should state that have only a vague notion of who this guy is/was and no clue about his employment history.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'm confused. Was he getting paid by Rangers via an EBT??? That would be explosive stuff.

I should state that have only a vague notion of who this guy is/was and no clue about his employment history.
    The unraveling of Campbell Ogilvie would be a blockbuster movie in itself. He is the virus, the traveling infection who brought it further than most. Rangers, Hearts and the SFA. If he was investigated thoroughly, we could begin the process of deconstructing this whole mess and put it to bed. However, he has happily taken the cash and sloped off somewhere with his secrets intact.

In the same way that Petrie is a SFA vp and simultaneously chairman of hibs, Ogilvie was a SFA vp and director of the old Huns.

He was getting paid by Rangers via an EBT. He knew they were operating a dual contract system from the beginning yet he remained president of the SFA long after Rangers went bust. He now works for UEFA in compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    That's from 2011.....I think Skacel was the player in question. Sure that's been discussed on here before.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    That's from 2011.....I think Skacel was the player in question. Sure that's been discussed on here before.
    Yes, 2011. Raking over old coals. Campbell Ogilvie isn't in our starting line up on Saturday, therefore everything's fine.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The past defines our future. The facts and evidence that is now coming to light, will ultimately shape the way forward if the fans demand and fund an independent review. I'm in!
    Last edited by MrSmith; 13-09-2017 at 09:21 AM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He was getting paid by Rangers via an EBT. He knew they were operating a dual contract system from the beginning yet he remained president of the SFA long after Rangers went bust. He now works for UEFA in compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dracula in charge of the Blood Bank?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In no way would I relate the pursuit of justice for the Hillsborough victims to the pursuit of truth and transparency from football's governing body due to the obvious emotional impact of the former but I find this article interesting in the way campaigners were constantly thwarted by legal judgement and opinion.

If you believe there should be truth and transparency about the way our game is and was run I don't think we should give up asking the questions.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...quest-timeline

Left by mutual consent!
    Seriously hacked off at Hibs with this.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    In no way would I relate the pursuit of justice for the Hillsborough victims to the pursuit of truth and transparency from football's governing body due to the obvious emotional impact of the former but I find this article interesting in the way campaigners were constantly thwarted by legal judgement and opinion.

If you believe there should be truth and transparency about the way our game is and was run I don't think we should give up asking the questions.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...quest-timeline
    Emotional impact and, you know, the fact that people died.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forza verdebianco View Post
    Seriously hacked off at Hibs with this.
    You will get over it I'm sure.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Emotional impact and, you know, the fact that people died.
    Hence the reason why I prefaced my point to avoid comments like this. Purely concentrating on the process of pursuing transparency rather than the subject matter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I'm in the not bothered camp, genuinely not interested in hearing any more about this and would much prefer to discuss my own team.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I'm in the not bothered camp, genuinely not interested in hearing any more about this and would much prefer to discuss my own team.

I'm with you on this

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    hopefully Roderick never uses the word 'INTEGRITY' in future speeches/conversations, sickening he's part of the corruption, SFA GTF if only football had more men like the late Turnbull Hutton
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-09-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Really disappointed in the Boards statement.
    We all see the world through different coloured glasses, but for Rod Pitrie to spook-off about “sporting integrity” a couple of years back, then turn a blind eye now just smacks of hypocrisy.
    That's where I am too. Since Celtic seemed to be the only club officially raising the issue, we would have been best to stay silent. A lot of people believe that the SFA have something to hide. We will be accused of complicity - rightly or wrongly.

@hibs.net private member

No no no!

To the question are you happy with Hibs statement on an EBT enquiry, as a previous poster says it really would have been better to have stayed silent on this one for me.

Good to see at least one journalist in this country with a set of balls......

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ange-1-4561256

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    An excellent post and pretty much sums up my feelings on it. I think the board have taken a realistic standpoint and not an emotional one which is where most fans will be. I suspect though, emotionally, all board members will feel exactly the same way as most fans.

Turkeys dont vote for Xmas

As the title says no real surprise with the statement just the amount of time it took to release, the game along with many other things in Scotland (probably most other country’s as well) has been corrupt as far as I can remember be it dodgy ref's or financial dealings. The record book should reflect this at least by saying the ******ers won by cheating, All my own humble opinion of course.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Didn't hear anyone at ER mention this at all today. Is it actually as issue in the wider Hibs support at all?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Didn't hear anyone at ER mention this at all today. Is it actually as issue in the wider Hibs support at all?
    Did you see the banner(s)?

Promising Youngster
    Big banner in the top of the famous five saying "13,000 season tickets. No opinion heard, unanimous?"

Boys held it up for a large part of the first half.

Left by mutual consent!
    hibs.jpg

It seems, some in the singing section made their views known.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You couldn't have been near me in the West Lower.

Quote Originally Posted by jaf View Post
    Big banner in the top of the famous five saying "13,000 season tickets. No opinion heard, unanimous?"

Boys held it up for a large part of the first half.
    Maybe the confusing banner confused the players in the second half 😁