hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

282 64.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry? Well?
    pong.jpg

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's a bit of a shocker but, the silence from the club was deafening.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hung us all out to dry! Shocking statement and one that now demands the removal of our out of touch board.

1999 - 2011 how much cash we all put into hibs during this period? It was a rigged league and we need to begin the fight for compensation as our club masters - for now - seem to think that it's acceptable to Con the lifeblood ...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    Agree 100% with the final paragraph. By all means voice your concerns at the board on Saturday but only for a limited time. Then we get back behind the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    Agree 100% with the final paragraph. By all means voice your concerns at the board on Saturday but only for a limited time. Then we get back behind the boys.

Every team, every game should protest. Banners, chants of we want an enquiry, whatever.

Every. ****ing. Game.

Back the team (it's not their fault) but make it ****ing obvious we are not happy.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I'm not bothered by it. It hardly as though the ebts snatched titles away from us is it? Just get this whole thing to **** so we can focus on Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I'm not bothered by it. It hardly as though the ebts snatched titles away from us is it? Just get this whole thing to **** so we can focus on Hibs.
    They knocked out the Scottish a few times though.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You won't get odds on No.
    We're an intelligent group of supporters so i think that goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They knocked out the Scottish a few times though.

And we pumped them in the only game that matters

And we pumped them in the only game that matters
    Only game that matters? Should we just pack it up now then?
    Those games mattered as well. So does Saturday's game v Motherwell.

Only game that matters? Should we just pack it up now then?
    Those games mattered as well. So does Saturday's game v Motherwell.

The only game that mattered in the Scottish cup against rangers.

Exactly, look forward. Wrap this pish and move on.

The only game that mattered in the Scottish cup against rangers.

Exactly, look forward. Wrap this pish and move on.
    For Hibs, that's exactly what we have done. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and Rangers.
    The campaign for an enquiry will go on and will succeed. It's just a great pity that our club will be on the side of corruption and cover up.

Coaching Staff
    For Hibs, that's exactly what we have done. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and Rangers.
    The campaign for an enquiry will go on and will succeed. It's just a great pity that our club will be on the side of corruption and cover up.

Hibs are just confirming the point I've been making the last few days. The legal reviews have been done, nothing more can be done on that front and so you aren't growing to get any further justice regardless of what you do from here.

Also agree that now is time to devote energy to moving on. 3 points on Saturday much more important to most fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Why is the cup final relevant?
    I would also add our last visit to Ibrox when our manager was the vistim of some sort of witch hunt because his team had the audacity ro beat them. Lennon was reported to the Police by their fans, for "cupping" his ears after subjecting him to vile sectarian abuse. Their assistant manager reported him to the Police for celebrating and a gesture that was both fleeting and spontaneous, yet they ignored the abuse that was directed at him.

They have learned nothing and act again like the bully. The "blue pound"? What a crock of 5h1t. You only have to look at social media to get ageneral feel for their reaction to our club statement. "Hibsed it" seems to be a prominent comment from the Sevconians, they are laughing at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Hibs are just confirming the point I've been making the last few days. The legal reviews have been done, nothing more can be done on that front and so you aren't growing to get any further justice regardless of what you do from here.

Also agree that now is time to devote energy to moving on. 3 points on Saturday much more important to most fans.
    The enquiry will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    I would also add our last visit to Ibrox when our manager was the vistim of some sort of witch hunt because his team had the audacity ro beat them. Lennon was reported to the Police by their fans, for "cupping" his ears after subjecting him to vile sectarian abuse. Their assistant manager reported him to the Police for celebrating and a gesture that was both fleeting and spontaneous, yet they ignored the abuse that was directed at him.

They have learned nothing and act again like the bully. The "blue pound"? What a crock of 5h1t. You only have to look at social media to get ageneral feel for their reaction to our club statement. "Hibsed it" seems to be a prominent comment from the Sevconians, they are laughing at us.
    We deserve to be laughed at.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs are spot on with the statement. Concentrate more on Hibs and not punishing another club because of nothing but hatred.

@hibs.net private member
    Who can I speak to about getting a refund for the tickets I purchased for a rigged competition?

Scottish football is a fast becoming like wrestling - winner is decided beforehand.

Coaching Staff
    The enquiry will happen.

So what? It won't result in any further penalties so if that's what you what you are after it's a waste of time.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    We deserve to be laughed at.

Nonsense, I'm more than happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with our new Sevco friends, hopefullly I'll get invited to the local Lodge now
    we have tugged the forelock. Anyone been on Ebay to find a songbook of wholesome folk songs with a blue tinge? May as well join in
    because we have given our stamp of approval to another 100 years of it.
    Shame on you, Hibs.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Voted not bothered. I'm not happy that rangers will not have their titles stripped... But it appears that was never an option anyway.

I can see the boards position to be honest. They can't deliver what the most vocal fans actually want so no matter what they do they'll be slated. Even if there was an enquiry, when it concluded with no title stripping we'd get the same wailing and gnashing of teeth that we're getting now anyway.

Might as well just get it over with without taking 10 years and millions of pounds in legal fees to do it.

As far as I'm concerned old rangers died in 2012. That's good enough for me.

The enquiry will happen.

Very doubtful that it will happen Ozy, what makes you so sure, because Celtic are pushing it?!

So what? It won't result in any further penalties so if that's what you what you are after it's a waste of time.
    I think it's beyond penalties Andy. It's about transparency and good governance ensuring that competion is fair and that rules are applied. There has been a lot went on to get Sevco into the league structure and that needs to be examined as well as to who did what and when they knew. I am a big defender of Rod but I have concerns over his role in this and I fear I wont like the outcome (as far as Rod is concerned) but this now needs to be done.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Hibs are spot on with the statement. Concentrate more on Hibs and not punishing another club because of nothing but hatred.
    Personally not particularly happy with the statement however like you I agree we just need to move on and concentrate on supporting the team on the park.

The enquiry will happen.

I think you're right, an enquiry of sorts will eventually happen. I have no evidence to support that though, it's just a feeling.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Who can I speak to about getting a refund for the tickets I purchased for a rigged competition?

Scottish football is a fast becoming like wrestling - winner is decided beforehand.
    Really? Nothing to do with Celtic just being way better than the rest?

If it is rigged now, why don't Rangers win every game?

Commemts like this do absolutely nothing for your argument. Let us know how you get on asking for a refund.

It's not but crack on.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    No I'm not and I want to see a proper enquiry into the whole handling of this scandal by the SFA and SPFL ...... If its true that they ( SFA / SPFL ) have painted themselves into a corner where they cant re visit the consequences of Rangers 1872's application of EBT's then they once again have proved their incompetence.

I presume Hibs have looked into the possibility of a legal review and what the outcome might be and are not the only club who have come to the conclusion along with the governing bodies that a lot of money could be spent on it with absolutely no prospect of a satisfactory outcome ... If that's the case at the very least the SFA and SPFL should publish a detailed statement as to what the legal situation is which would mean an attempt at stripping The Rangers 2012 of honours would be 'bound to fail' ..... a phrase often used in law to deny an applicant recourse to further legal review or appeal.

As for the board .......... I find it impossible to believe that they would be going down this route if they didn't feel it was the best option for the club, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to go with the flow on this one and side with the view of the majority of fans. The fact that they have not and put themselves in the firing line when it comes to the fans anger says to me that they have carefully considered their stance here .... just because I'm not happy with it doesn't mean I don't understand why they have come to the conclusion they have here.

As for boycotting matches as a result of this .... GTF .... Rangers have already caused enough damage, The Rangers 2012 and their fans wont give a stuff if fans of other clubs decide to boycott their own clubs because of their historical actions. Any anger we have should be directed towards the SFA and SPFL where it belongs, not Hibernian FC.
    Excellent post.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think you're right, an enquiry of sorts will eventually happen. I have no evidence to support that though, it's just a feeling.
    I too think an enquiry of sorts will happen, probably a fans led one. The reason i think it will be this way is that those in charge are frightened of the consequences.

We've seen the threats that come out of Ibrox, and also the threats from lunatics from their support.

It's no wonder there is a reluctance to put their head on the chopping block, and i personally think a lot of those who have voted the way they have are secretly hoping this is the case.

Sevco really do have a sinister side to them, that no other club i know have, and they know this and know how to use it.

Perhaps this is why a fans led inquiry is the only way to go?

Coaching Staff
    It's not but crack on.

What do you think you want out of the enquiry then that is important enough to justify more time and expense?