hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the board

49 11.14%
  • Not bothered either way

109 24.77%
  • No, I want an enquiry

282 64.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Are you happy with Hibs' statement on an EBT enquiry?

Well?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You won't get odds on No.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It's a poor statement that acknowledges neither the frustration felt by the many Hibs fans who have supported calls for the EBT decision to be revisited, nor the need to review how the EBT decision was made.

That decision was wrong because it did not apply the standard sanction laid down in competition rules regarding improperly registered players. The legal advice may be right that the decision cannot now be overturned, but the manner in which the decision was made should still be examined.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You won't get odds on No.
    We're an intelligent group of supporters so i think that goes without saying.

No but it's not unexpected.

There will undoubtedly now be the usual threats of boycotts or 'not going back until such and such happens' but they usually die away pretty quickly. As much as the statment misjudges the mood of a lot of fans I can't help think a few good results and some drip fed good news will repair a relationship pretty quickly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

There will undoubtedly now be the usual threats of boycotts or 'not going back until such and such happens' but they usually die away pretty quickly. As much as the statment misjudges the mood of a lot of fans I can't help think a few good results and some drip fed good news will repair a relationship pretty quickly.

Sadly, the cover up was done some time ago and everybody is hiding behind legal excuses.

What I really don't understand is the bit about the inquiry though. Why not look into it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Sadly, the cover up was done some time ago and everybody is hiding behind legal excuses.

What I really don't understand is the bit about the inquiry though. Why not look into it?
    There appears to be enough evidence of dishonest behaviour and practices to warrant one and how they got away with it so long. I would include Hearts, Dunfermline and Gretna in this when their operations were obviously unsustainable independently which raises questions over the games governance.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I'm no longer (too) bothered about further penalties but I definitely think there should be an inquiry about how the whole affair was handled at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Occam's razor. Cos they know it won't turn out well for some folk like Rod who is complicit in the Five Away Agreement.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I reckon we'll get a good, well rounded response to this which we can use to make an informed decision on what collective action should be taken by us.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Occam's razor.
    I just learnt something new. Nice one!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'm about as far from happy as possible, the board are cowards to a man (and woman). Congratulations on smashing a big dent in the feel-good factor that's taken years to build.

Every single supporter in Scotland who bought tickets during the EBT years were conned as it was a rigged competition, yet our club seemingly deem this as acceptable and brush it under the carpet for some reason.

I honestly can't understand folk giving it let's just move on chat, if the Huns can get away with it once would you be surprised to see them pulling another ****s trick? Seems they're getting the running of Scottish football and when one of the supposed bigger clubs (US) have completely shat it in coming together and taking them to task then that speaks volumes.

This isn't just any club either. Have the board forgotten the lies perpetrated and how Rangers portrayed our club after the Cup Final?
    Last edited by .Sean.; 11-09-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I just learnt something new. Nice one!
    You're welcome!

Aye, you're probably right. The Board and fan reps laughing up their sleeves.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, you're probably right. The Board and fan reps laughing up their sleeves.
    I hate to break it to you but the board aren’t sitting in some underground lair hatching their latest evil plans.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but the board aren’t sitting in some underground lair hatching their latest evil plans.
    Hate to break it you but I was talking figuratively, not literally.

They're having a laugh. Treating us like *****

Left by mutual consent!
    Hate to break it you but I was talking figuratively, not literally.

They're having a laugh. Treating us like *****
    They’re really not. They’re just following legal advice instead of Celtic bloggers.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

Indeed, there is much knashing of teeth and calls to not go to games, etc, but hibs know full well that the fans will NOT walk away. This isn't Tesco, or Nike pissing you off......you can readily walk away from them, this is hibs, and the attachment is too emotive.
    We've been shat on many times before over the years, Scottish football is a village and it seems too many fear the repercussions pursuing this.

A few weeks and the anger will die down and we'll carry on.......all very sad.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Well?
    From "the A team" - "stop askin damn fool questions!"

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Well?
    Don't seem to have the option to vote. I would vote no but feel there is a lot of misdirection going on here. For me the EBT's per se are of no interest the misregistration of players is the issue. Perhaps the EBT issue is being used as a smokescreen so that this argument about legal council, it will cost a fortune can be trotted out. The SFA board can hold a meeting at Hampden look at the only issue which should concern them. Punish the rule breaker and go home. Couple of hundred quid in taxi fares and first class rail tickets for the whole gang.

The statement doesn't bother me, infact I agree with it.

Totally outrageous. Unanimous decision!!! What did our representatives vote? If they voted for this they should resign.

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Totally outrageous. Unanimous decision!!! What did our representatives vote? If they voted for this they should resign.
    Why should they resign?!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The trouble with a poll like this is that those fans who feel really strongly on the issue are far more likely to click their mouse and vote than those who fall into the "couldn't care a monkey's category". The end result may therefore not be truly representative of either the Hibs Net community or the Hibernian support as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Why should they resign?!
    Because this is the biggest issue the club have been dealing with at board level and they have refused to engage with the fans on the issue. Can't think of a clearer cut case for resigning than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Because this is the biggest issue the club have been dealing with at board level and they have refused to engage with the fans on the issue. Can't think of a clearer cut case for resigning than that.

You mean they just didn't agree with you?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Nonsense. We don't know what was said during board meetings. Maybe they put across the supporters' points of view very well.

It's also possible (likely?) that copies of any legal studies/reports were to hand. If lawyers say that there's no point in proceeding then I'd believe them, especially given that they'd be the only ones to benefit financially win or lose (a Rangers appeal against official sanctions would result in thousands of billable hours on both sides).

As for the decision being unanimous, I for one want want board members, fans' reps or not, to vote with their heads and not their hearts.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    didn't really expect anything to happen.

still pissed off though.

Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    **** no, I'm not happy. Not happy at all.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm past caring. Even if there is an enquiry, it'll be the usual "nothing to see here" cover up nonsense, and everyone's time will be wasted. The SFA grit their teeth and demoted Rangers to the Third Division - they're not going to go any further than that. It's a sideshow and now Hibs are back in the top league with a decent team I can think of better things to be concerned about.