hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Anyone hoping/expecting/believing there will be a significant difference in crowd size on Saturday over this stuff is going to be sorely disappointed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by S Ó Conghaile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who gives a flying **** about rangers,Glasgow rangers,rangers 2012 or Huns United? It's about our club.with this statement our club is moving on from a situation that will never be settled.why waste time greeting about a situation that is nothing to do with us anymore let's back the club and sort out the Huns on the pitch.lets face it when was the last time if ever 'sporting integrity'and football could be mentioned in the same sentence.i hate the Huns but am sick of all this crap bring on Motherwell
    This. Let's just continue pumping the huns every time we play them. That'll do me nicely.

I genuinely cannot get my head around the idea that people might choose not to attend the game on Saturday because they disagree with the board about a statement that they put out regarding the affairs of another club.

Someone will need to explain that one to me again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I genuinely cannot get my head around the idea that people might choose not to attend the game on Saturday because they disagree with the board about a statement that they put out regarding the affairs of another club.

Someone will need to explain that one to me again.

I think you've answered your own question. The fact that you can't get your head around it is only something you can sort out

I think what you are trying saying is that you dont agree with that choice of expressing disagreement with the Board's stance - which is fair enough. That's all that you needed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I think you've answered your own question. The fact that you can't get your head around it is only something you can sort out

I think what you are trying saying is that you dont agree with that choice of expressing disagreement with the Board's stance - which is fair enough. That's all that you needed to say.
    I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory.

The idea that someone would deliberately avoid going to a match because of a board statement is verging into the realms of ludicrousy.

I cannot understand that mindset and I was asking if someone could explain that to me.

If you can't then that's ok I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!

Can we close this thread down?

This thread has descended into repetitive pish...

You either agree, disagree or could not give a monkey's about the board statement.

Lets move on and support the team to a much needed 3 points on Saturday.

GGTTH
    Last edited by drkhibs; 14-09-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drkhibs View Post

You either agree, disagree or could not give a monkey's about the board statement.

GGTTH
    This

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll be doing my usual.

Finish work at 1. Run to Hyndland. Hopefully make the 1.14 then run for the 1.30 at Queen Street station. If I miss the 1.14 which is one in every three I'd say I can slowly walk for the 1.45 to Edinburgh but that means I get in at 2.38 which then means I have to bolt down to God's Palace.

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory.

The idea that someone would deliberately avoid going to a match because of a board statement is verging into the realms of ludicrousy.

I cannot understand that mindset and I was asking if someone could explain that to me.

If you can't then that's ok I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!
    Fully in agreement, why a board statement would impact on the support for the team on the pitch makes no sense to me

10am start for me and the lad. Train to Berwick then bus. Must be doing work on the track, we get back at 9.30pm, can't wait, first game of the season. Ggtth

Has anybody on this thread actually said they are not going back? Every single post seems to be someone saying its a disgrace if people are not going back etc. This boycott seems to exist only in people's imaginations.
    The crowd on Saturday will be unaffected by the statement.
    By Saturday night there will be posters on here crowing about how the boycott (which only existed in their imaginations anyway) had failed. It's a a strange thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Has anybody on this thread actually said they are not going back? Every single post seems to be someone saying its a disgrace if people are not going back etc. This boycott seems to exist only in people's imaginations.
    The crowd on Saturday will be unaffected by the statement.
    By Saturday night there will be posters on here crowing about how the boycott (which only existed in their imaginations anyway) had failed. It's a a strange thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. Just wish some would think before they post

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Agree. Just wish some would think before they post
    So you think it's acceptable that everyone is boycotting do you?

Mon the Hibs.

GGTTH
    True!

While the admins are at it, close down the other threads on this topic (Final Nail in the Petrie Coffin, Are You Happy with the Hibs' Statement on EBT enquiry, etc., etc.) that seem to be being nurtured by undercover Yams and conatin much the same arguments.

I don't think it is acceptable to boycott and I'll be there on Saturday, in spite of the fact that I am very unhappy with this decision.

The problem I have is that I honestly, genuinely don't think that the board give a flying one what we think, as long as we're pitching up and buying our tickets. We can make banners, sing songs, release statements and start petitions Sevco-style - they will not give two hoots.

The only thing that I think would make the Hibs board listen to our thoughts would be if we stopped buying tickets, which is not in anyone's interests and something that none of us want to do.

Lots of excellent work has been done by Hibs over the past few years but I have never really felt like a valued customer whose opinion genuinely counts.

(Although as has been discussed elsewhere - we have a big, diverse support, with a diverse set of opinions. The board can never keep everyone happy, especially on a subject as emotive as the EBT one. I respect the fact that they cannot listen to everyone and respond accordingly. So I suppose I'm just going to have to shut up and enjoy the football).

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    True!

While the admins are at it, close down the other threads on this topic (Final Nail in the Petrie Coffin, Are You Happy with the Hibs' Statement on EBT enquiry, etc., etc.) that seem to be being nurtured by undercover Yams and conatin much the same arguments.
    One of the worst posts I've seen on here in many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't think it is acceptable to boycott and I'll be there on Saturday, in spite of the fact that I am very unhappy with this decision.

The problem I have is that I honestly, genuinely don't think that the board give a flying one what we think, as long as we're pitching up and buying our tickets. We can make banners, sing songs, release statements and start petitions Sevco-style - they will not give two hoots.

The only thing that I think would make the Hibs board listen to our thoughts would be if we stopped buying tickets, which is not in anyone's interests and something that none of us want to do.

Lots of excellent work has been done by Hibs over the past few years but I have never really felt like a valued customer whose opinion genuinely counts.

(Although as has been discussed elsewhere - we have a big, diverse support, with a diverse set of opinions. The board can never keep everyone happy, especially on a subject as emotive as the EBT one. I respect the fact that they cannot listen to everyone and respond accordingly. So I suppose I'm just going to have to shut up and enjoy the football).

I don't think a boycott is desirable or would be effective. Having said that, I can understand anyone that feels a bit disillusioned with a Scottish football landscape where we're expected to believe in fairy stories about "companies that operate clubs" and cheats are proclaimed champions with the "authorities" knowingly backing them up.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    So you think it's acceptable that everyone is boycotting do you?

😳

GGTTH
    I think it's customary to contribute to a community before starting to make policy requests.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I don't agree with the direction that the board have gone on this at all. But I do understand why they would go down that route. Throughout my career I have had to deliver strategy messages that weren't necessarily good news for some within the business and I may not have agreed with them but ultimately were the right decision for the wider business. We all wanted the Hun to be punished for the cheating and they most certainly did cheat but removing titles won't benefit Hibs. We probably all wanted an independent inquiry but again how would Hibs benefit from this? Maybe it is time to move on and focus on Hibs and to continue to move forward as we have done in the last three years. I still trust Leanne and actually Petrie to do the best for Hibs. I know this view won't be popular with some and I'm sure that my good friend Spike Mandela of this board will give me pelters for it but it's my opinion that we have had boards that have made decisions that have harmed Hibs in the past but this isn't one of them

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    10am start for me and the lad. Train to Berwick then bus. Must be doing work on the track, we get back at 9.30pm, can't wait, first game of the season. Ggtth
    Aye I noticed the train berwick then to bus to edinburgh when I was booking up six weeks ago, i live in Gateshead so take a punt on matches not being changed. Didnt fancy the extended journey so just driving up today for a change.