hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are a bunch of stupid posts on this, and the other, thread, but that's up there with the stupidest.

Spineless is about the last adjective you could use about Rod Petrie.
    Self serving is probably a better adjective for Petrie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    No. Only meaningful action will do that. Hoping it will all "blow over" once again certainly won't solve anything either.
    I'm sure anyone who takes any form of action does so because they think it's meaningful. Unfortunately, today's Information age has made it easy for anyone to do so, regardless of their knowledge or motivation.

Good luck.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure anyone who takes any form of action does so because they think it's meaningful. Unfortunately, today's Information age has made it easy for anyone to do so, regardless of their knowledge or motivation.

Good luck.
    Well perhaps you can enlighted me as to what your knowledge and motivation is for wanting a complete continuation of the status quo. Because that's all this is. More of the same.

Well perhaps you can enlighted me as to what your knowledge and motivation is for wanting a complete continuation of the status quo. Because that's all this is. More of the same.
    I don't claim to have any knowledge but my motivation is seeing a strong Hibs backed by a United support. That's only possible if people move on.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't claim to have any knowledge but my motivation is seeing a strong Hibs backed by a United support. That's only possible if people move on.
    I want a strong Hibs backed by a united support playing on a level field. Can't we move on after we level the field first?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The game has been thriving the last few years despite this going on in the background.

We've all been been patting ourselves on the back for high attendances and sticking with the club through the championship.

Plenty other clubs are seeing higher attendances, Hearts new stand, Aberdeen and Dundee on the verge of huge investment in new stadiums and various clubs having cup success since the Rangers fiasco.

Why the doom and gloom? If everything was as corrupt as you say how have Rangers won heehaw when all their pals in the media and SFA are helping them?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The game has been thriving the last few years despite this going on in the background.

We've all been been patting ourselves on the back for high attendances and sticking with the club through the championship.

Plenty other clubs are seeing higher attendances, Hearts new stand, Aberdeen and Dundee on the verge of huge investment in new stadiums and various clubs having cup success since the Rangers fiasco.

Why the doom and gloom? If everything was as corrupt as you say how have Rangers won heehaw when all their pals in the media and SFA are helping them?
    Rangers have won heehaw, because they don't exist anymore. "The Rangers" have won the Petrofac Cup. The only cup to their clubs name. But the SFA (and every other club with the exception of Celtic) are happy for them to claim ownership over all the tainted titles stolen by the old clubs cheating.

Do you think all that would have happened if Regan and Doncaster got their way and Sevco had carried on where Rangers left off in 2012?

The relative upturn you describe came about because the fans of all clubs stood up to the corruption and made sure the new club started life at the bottom.

See this Rangers or The Rangers chat, can we no just leave it? You knew exactly what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Do you think all that would have happened if Regan and Doncaster got their way and Sevco had carried on where Rangers left off in 2012?

The relative upturn you describe came about because the fans of all clubs stood up to the corruption and made sure the new club started life at the bottom.
    Nope.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean things aren't aren't better now though, I've really enjoyed the last few years supporting Hibs.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Nope.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean things aren't aren't better now though, I've really enjoyed the last few years supporting Hibs.
    What? Playing in the second tier...? Aye, ok then.. 😉

Nope.

Agreed.

So have I. But without proper governance, the good times are built on sand.

Pro cycling thought the Lance years were the good times that put the past of Festina etc behind them. They turned blind eyes and "moved on".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

Well not quite the bottom..... they had no right being promoted to the 3rd division, considering they were a totally new club with zero connection or liability over Rangers FC 1872-2012. Just as they had no right to claim entitlement over the titles and silverware of the old club.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.
    some might take a rather more principled stand, than the view you express

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's a collective decision, so you won't get individual directors doing that.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Board will be aware of the detailed legal advice that the SPFL received. We aren't.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I think we are aware of what the statement says, but a lot of people are unhappy of the "unanimous" statement. some have alouded to it being unanimous but we would like the reps to have their say. was it in fact that way?

Rod Petrie being the target of ridicule from The Clumpany......

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Rod Petrie being the target of ridicule from The Clumpany......

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/
    I'd say that's aimed at the club more than rod. He only really gets a mention in the last few lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    I'd say that's aimed at the club more than rod. He only really gets a mention in the last few lines.

Yes I know but it was a pretty withering comment aimed at RP - that's all I was meaning.....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I've been posting on here for ten years. In all that time I've seen fairly regular digs at Rod Petrie about his SFA involvement. Seemingly he wants the top job and that he hurts us in order to achieve this?!

Has anyone, anywhere, got any evidence of this or is it just garbage?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

How exactly can an open and transparent independent review of the game be a bad thing for Hibs? how on earth would that divide a support?

We're in the strongest position we have been in for years, the board and fans have been in a good place but this would cement that unity, I agree we need to move on but the only way to do that is by showing the world that the SFA aren't bent, anyone who assumes continuing to sweep this under the carpet will "move us on" are deluded, this has been 5 years now and people are more determined, more clued up and more demanding of the truth than ever before. this won't go away and people who think it will are kidding themselves on.

Petrie was forced into the Sporting integrity statement as we had circa only 7k season ticket holders and he was going to lose at least Half that the following season if they didn't back the fans.

With money in the bank, 13k season ticket holders, they have calculated that the good will we have towards the club and our optimism after the cup win will outweigh any detrimental feelings we will have to this statement.

It just comes across as spineless. Only fans happy with that statement are The Rangers fans. Tells you everything you need to know.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Petrie was forced into the Sporting integrity statement as we had circa only 7k season ticket holders and he was going to lose at least Half that the following season if they didn't back the fans.

With money in the bank, 13k season ticket holders, they have calculated that the good will we have towards the club and our optimism after the cup win will outweigh any detrimental feelings we will have to this statement.

It just comes across as spineless. Only fans happy with that statement are The Rangers fans. Tells you everything you need to know.
    Exactly. This is what zombie fans want, but not other fans. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Are you kidding? The club, the suppprt and players we had at the time have all been ****ed over by them. Now we say "aye it doesn't matter" yeah it does. The Huns cheated and blighted the game we all put money into. Think of how many times they have had all the decisions, hammering us with players they couldn't afford, gloating about taking our players. It's simply not good enough.

Have to agree here. All for title stripping too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I've been posting on here for ten years. In all that time I've seen fairly regular digs at Rod Petrie about his SFA involvement. Seemingly he wants the top job and that he hurts us in order to achieve this?!

No idea of his ambitions at the SFA but he has been on that board for a long time now and the SFA continues to fail at every single thing it does. A bit like his time as CEO at Hibs although he did manage to build a stadium.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Just like Petrie, your posts are equally as calculated. You've been ramping up the "move on" rhetoric on here over the past few weeks. Obviously knowing full well what the club statement was going to be before it was released to the public.
    You've lost your mind. I'm not sure how long ago that happened, but you're in cloud cuckoo land now for sure.

I don't think I've even commented on the Rangers situation never mind "ramped up the "move on rhetoric"". I'm not even sure I've suggested we "move on" from anything. I'm just watching the over reactions from people like you with a mixture of incredulity and amusement.

And as for knowing what the board think about anything, you've surpassed your usual level of fantasy.

You obviously feel it's more important to hammer the Rangers than support Hibs. I feel differently.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 12-09-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Rhetorical question I assume, but you are right it's all hearsay and paranoia and garbage.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    So much self righteous pish being spouted here. Aye, folk are pissed. Won't be back? Behave, see you all the next home game.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was a unanimous decision by the board. For all i think the statement was terrible, it wasn't only him involved in putting it out there.

Anything else said about the clubs reasoning around the statement is just pure guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You've lost your mind. I'm not sure how long ago that happened, but you're in cloud cuckoo land now for sure.

I don't think I've even commented on the Rangers situation never mind "ramped up the "move on rhetoric"". I'm not even sure I've suggested we "move on" from anything. I'm just watching the over reactions from people like you with a mixture of incredulity and amusement.

And as for knowing what the board think about anything, you've surpassed your usual level of fantasy.

You obviously feel it's more important to hammer the Rangers than support Hibs. I feel differently.
    Well said and i genuinely worry if we ever get total fan ownership. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Well said and i genuinely worry if we ever get total fan ownership. Doesn't bear thinking about.
    Pretty sure we would have made a better decision yesterday.