Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Final nail in the Petrie coffin

You can take your two fans reps with you

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's the case then surely dempster goes as well then?

Sevco will be loving this, all the anger being turned in on ourselves.
    Sevco cheated so let's de-stabilise our own club and turn on the fans reps when there is zero evidence that they have done anything wrong.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I've backed him in the past but he can GTF now any time he fancies as far as I'm concerned. He couldn't have patronised us any more with that statement if he'd tried.

And if the fans reps have backed that then they'd be aswell as calling it a day aswell.

Honestly canny mind ever being as raging as I am with the club right now.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Ffs....
    To be fair, they either agree with the position Hibs have taken and go with the party line or they don't. If they don't, their position should be untenable, and they should walk. If I was a fans' rep I'd walk over this.

Petrie can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

But as long as he has his coffers swollen by our cash, he'll be smirking from beneath his 'tache from the directors box.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    To be fair, they either agree with the position Hibs have taken and go with the party line or they don't. If they don't, their position should be untenable, and they should walk. If I was a fans' rep I'd walk over this.

Petrie can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

But as long as he has his coffers swollen by our cash, he'll be smirking from beneath his 'tache from the directors box.
    How is their position untenable? If they don't agree then they would be better remaining in position continuing to make their case than flouncing off in a huff.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    How is their position untenable? If they don't agree then they would be better remaining in position continuing to make their case than flouncing off in a huff.
    This statement appears final - there is no more case to be made, Hibs have declared their position.

The board, the fans reps, the manager, the players, me - we're all part of this and have to decide whether or not we want to be.

I don't know how the fans' reps feel about this so I can't really pre-judge their position.

It's a pretty clear cut choice though and there is no middle ground or fence to sit on.

Although in fairness to the fans' reps - they might have a bit more info on this matter, such as what exactly Petrie's exposure might have been if someone did a bit of digging into the "5-way-agreement".

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sevco will be loving this, all the anger being turned in on ourselves.
    Sevco cheated so let's de-stabilise our own club and turn on the fans reps when there is zero evidence that they have done anything wrong.
    They will be loving it as it's shown us up as gutless to take them and the SFA heading on. They truly are the people and this just proves it. Sad days.
    45 AND RISING

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Scottish football no better than wrestling, and Petrie with the rest of the cheats condone it.

Yet come April next year, when the ads for season tickets are out, you can bet none of this will be mentioned, and it will be come get your seat for next seasons exciting season.

Exciting my arse, rigged, fixed aye, gutless frightened of their own shadows Hibs custodians are part of this problem now, along with Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Scottish football no better than wrestling, and Petrie with the rest of the cheats condone it.

Yet come April next year, when the ads for season tickets are out, you can bet none of this will be mentioned, and it will be come get your seat for next seasons exciting season.

Exciting my arse, rigged, fixed aye, gutless frightened of their own shadows Hibs custodians are part of this problem now, along with Rangers.
    To be fair EBT's were far more widely used in English football (they thought they were legal at that time) so to single out Scottish football on this matter is wide of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If that's the case then surely dempster goes as well then?
    no Stuart. happy with LD, she's been a revelation since joining but does have to carry some responsibility. Just not as much as Petrie. For me anyway

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Ffs....

Time to move on ffs

I'm allowed my opinion. They've been asked for weeks on a stance. If they've been silenced then what's the point

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'm allowed my opinion. They've been asked for weeks on a stance. If they've been silenced then what's the point
    The statement explained why the delay happened. I don't think any fan would disagree with the prioritising of improving the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The statement explained why the delay happened. I don't think any fan would disagree with the prioritising of improving the squad.
    I totally agree but why didn't the fans reps come on here again and simply explain that? You can't help feel they've been silenced. And if not then they're not doing their roles very well

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They have explained as well as the Hearts board did about the stadium delay when we know it's a crock of ****. Club have taken the wrong stance on this and it will suffer on and off the park.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    They have explained as well as the Hearts board did about the stadium delay when we know it's a crock of ****. Club have taken the wrong stance on this and it will suffer on and off the park.
    In your opinion, not everybody agrees with the continual pursuing of Rangers. Just because there is some 'loud voices' on this forum don't assume it's the opinion of all fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    In your opinion, not everybody agrees with the continual pursuing of Rangers. Just because there is some 'loud voices' on this forum don't assume it's the opinion of all fans.
    The fans ****ing hate Rangers and the majority want justice.

Tired of their cheating? All just sit down like a good wee laddie when they come to town next time claiming all the titles they won. I'm gathering you didn't sit through helicopter Sunday watching them win a tainted league at our bit, jumping on the park and spoiling our own end of successful season?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Only those looking for an excuse not to go will use this as an excuse not to go. Club will be just fine, it is in great hands and everything in looking good.
    This is the only reason I have not to go.

I've paid for my season ticket. I love everything that Hibs are doing on and off the park.

I don't have confidence in the Scottish football authorities to govern in a fair and even-handed manner and I would like to see an independent inquiry into the Rangers fiasco. If the inquiry finds out (as I'm pretty sure it will) that there isn't a legal way to strip titles then that is fair enough.

But the inquiry must still be held, we must give the fans who buy tickets to watch these competitions confidence that these competitions have integrity.

I'm aggrieved that I paid as much as I did for season tickets to watch a rigged competition, but I'm prepared to "move on" as long as I am confident that lessons have been learned.

Hibs have disrespected their own fans who have shelled out good money to them in the past. They are taking a gamble that they will continue to receive that money.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's nothing to do with excuses it's about doing the right thing.

some might take a rather more principled stand, than the view you express

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    To be honest, that was my thoughts to.

It was the obvious comparison to make that he would have had an influence on that decision/statement. Whether he did or didn't I have no idea. Can't fault the OP's sentiments tbh.

As I said should have kept our mouths shut.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Depends if the fate of Glasgow Rangers is the be all and end all for you as a Hibs fan. Personally for me I'm far more interested in our playing squad, increased attendances and hopefully getting back to winning ways on Saturday against Motherwell.

Amongst my group of Hibs supporting mates I can't remember the last time the topic of Rangers was discussed.I'm not sure it's as such a big deal outside the twitter/forums bubble.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Surely if people are wanting Petrie gone dempster would also have to go? She also sits on the board.

Left by mutual consent!
    Petrie has self interest in all of this and it stinks. He wants the top job at the sfa. He will now get it.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Wtf does it matter to Hibernian FC,let's focus on our club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Wtf does it matter to Hibernian FC,let's focus on our club.
    Are you kidding? The club, the suppprt and players we had at the time have all been ****ed over by them. Now we say "aye it doesn't matter" yeah it does. The Huns cheated and blighted the game we all put money into. Think of how many times they have had all the decisions, hammering us with players they couldn't afford, gloating about taking our players. It's simply not good enough.