hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The board have far more information than we have and I personally don't think any of our board are dishonest or do not have the clubs best interests at their core. I've made the choice to trust the board on this and get behind the club as a supporter of it. Most supporters will very probably reach the same conclusion of backing the club. Maybe its slowly slowly catchy monkey with change coming further down the line at the governing bodies.

GGTTH
    I admire your optimism but this stinks of the authorities circling the wagons and not challenging our governing bodies over this is the same as agreeing with all their actions as far as I am concerned. Scottish Football will remain corrupt for a very long time and will return to be run for the benefit of two clubs only. Those two monkeys will be well served whilst the rest of us continue to go bananas at the obvious bias in our game. Rangers are a sitting duck at the moment and I think teh club should have taken a shot at standing up for sporting integrity. It will probably be our best if not only chance.

I'm not sure I challenged the board's integrity or passion but I certainly worry about their bottle after this statement.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Shocking

Truly unbelievable

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Very disappointed and deflated by this.

Will be interested to see if the RTC attempts to instigate a judicial review get off the ground if the legal advice is so unequivocal.

Why even bother issuing a statement?

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.
    Spot on amigo. Thank for cutting through other ephemeral stuff on here. It is as simple and clear as you have stated.

BIG G

Just when there was a real good connection with the fans established it could all be tarnished through no back bone. Poor from Petrie and Dempster. Surprised is an under statement

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I admire your optimism but this stinks of the authorities circling the wagons and not challenging our governing bodies over this is the same as agreeing with all their actions as far as I am concerned. Scottish Football will remain corrupt for a very long time and will return to be run for the benefit of two clubs only. Those two monkeys will be well served whilst the rest of us continue to go bananas at the obvious bias in our game. Rangers are a sitting duck at the moment and I think teh club should have taken a shot at standing up for sporting integrity. It will probably be our best if not only chance.

I'm not sure I challenged the board's integrity or passion but I certainly worry about their bottle after this statement.
    I get you mate and you make a lot of sense however it will hurt the club we all love when there's talks of boycotts and not going back and all that carry on. The board have spoken and I think we should trust their judgement and back them. The board have worked wonders for us recently getting Stokesy back and turning their back on bids for SJM, big crowds etc. Maybe the old saying of 'there's more than one way to skin a cat' is at play here. I'm a Hibernian supporter and will follow the Hi bees if there was no other action or not concerning the huns.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Very poor from the club. I'm not that bothered about stripping titles etc as that doesn't make much difference in day to day life, what I wanted though was an investigation to find out who knew what and what a blind eye was turned to.

There was lots of post cup final talk about the benefit of having one of our own in the SFA in Petrie. I had my doubts and this only strengthens my view that Petrie is as corrupt and self serving as the rest of the fat cats ruining our game.

No win situation for the club. Another enquiry would just be a whitewash anyway and no titles would go, anyone still in a position of power would have been protected and exonerated.

It's disappointing and I would have loved Hibs to have been one of the clubs to stand up to the crooked forces that run our game but it was always unlikely. It's difficult to accept Rangers have kept the titles they 'won' dishonestly but ultimately it cost them their club and knowing that deep down will always be punishment for them.

Tough to take? Yes. What I wanted? No. An unpopular decision taken for pragmatic purposes? Definitely. A disgrace? No, disappointing but not disgraceful. All imo of course.

Our game can't get anymore corrupt. We have a governing body that has a board member who was part of the EBTs when they were hidden, through the liquidation and the farce that has been sevco. How can this be possible?

The game is rigged for one club (or two). You just need to wonder what they have over everyone.

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    The bit I struggle with is, why does there have to be any legal involvement. As competition organisers surely they make the rules and therefore implement then how they see fit

If I won the golf championships for years only later to be found out as a cheat I would lose the titles, no? Look at Jessica ennis getting a medal the over month, years after she was cheated.

Cheating is cheating.
    Absolutely spot on. Strip them off the titles and let them spend the money on a legal action to try to get them back, or would they just "move on" as the Board expect us to?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Too many snouts in the SFA trough who are fearful of getting found out by an independent enquiry it seems. It reeks of a cover up and sadly our Club seems to be complicit.

I remember speaking to a then SFA Board member just prior to the decision on Sevcos fate - he told me categorically that there was no way Rangers would drop more than 1 league. An independent enquiry would likely show up the lengths which the SFA went to trying to protect Sevco. In the end fan power ensured they were punished more severely - not severe enough I'd say.

Fan power may well pressurise the authorities into holding an independent review, despite the majority of Scottish Clubs frantically trying to sweep everything under the carpet.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's a pragmatic decision, an enquiry won't satisfy the majority of those demanding one as it won't result in titles being stripped, the only real winners would be the lawyers. And one that has been taken knowing that it would be deeply unpopular with some fans.
    Disappointing, yes. Disgrace? No.
    That's how I see it.

I wonder why the club decided to make any sort of statement, if they wanted the whole thing to blow over they have gone about it completely the wrong way and should have said nothing. Petrie eying the big job is the only way to look at the reason this statement was issued, shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?
    I don't want Sevco punished or facing sanctions or whatever. I want the competitions Rangers won with improperly registered players to facilitate tax evasion declared null and void.

A lot of the "let's move on" crew have mentioned the "we can't challenge legal advice" tag. As others have mentioned, other sports have stripped titles when competitors have been caught cheating years after the event. I don't see how this can be different.

Chris McLauglin asked Regan on Sportsound tonight what that legal advice was and he said the info would be made available once the live case - the 2011 hun Euro licence being granted - was out the way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I don't want Sevco punished or facing sanctions or whatever. I want the competitions Rangers won with improperly registered players to facilitate tax evasion declared null and void.
    This.

If they're a "new club", then they haven't won any titles yet. All this talk of "stripping". You can't take something away that they don't have to begin with. But because of this ruling, then can go on pretending that they still have them while claiming to be a "new club".

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I wonder why the club decided to make any sort of statement, if they wanted the whole thing to blow over they have gone about it completely the wrong way and should have said nothing. Petrie eying the big job is the only way to look at the reason this statement was issued, shocking.
    ... and covering his back? He was involved in the 5 way agreement etc. What does he have to hide?

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Truly pathetic! I'm glad I held back from buying season tix, our so called board, you have lost my business!
    Embarrassing over reaction

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Why would RP want "the big job"?

I'm disappointed because it goes against natural justice but does our club really have the power to fight against the powers of the establishment in this matter? The club has a lot of other things to concentrate on.

In the end of the day, we all know the score. The club calling itself Rangers have won **** all.

Not wading through seven pages of presumably mostly outrage and resignation, so apologies for repeating anything that has already been said.

It's a poor statement that acknowledges neither the frustration felt by the many Hibs fans who have supported calls for the EBT decision to be revisited, nor the need to review how the EBT decision was made.

That decision was wrong because it did not apply the standard sanction laid down in competition rules regarding improperly registered players. The legal advice may be right that the decision cannot now be overturned, but the manner in which the decision was made should still be examined.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?
    I wouldn't. It's not about punishing the new club. It's about the acknowledgement that they are a new club who have yet to win any silverware in the top flight.

People are talking about "punishment" and "stripping" and squabbling over whether this should happen or not. It's not even about that.

Absolutely outrageous. Now have supporters from every other club laughing at us. Shameful. Good few years of hard work undermined here

Not really bothered about that statement tbh.

Imagine the melt down on here if Hibs had to start financially backing another investigation at the expense of season ticket holders etc.

They have condemned what happened but don't want to get to deeply involved in it. Fair enough imo.

What really can he done anyway? That Huns team is dead.
    Last edited by wearethehibs; 11-09-2017 at 07:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I was really looking forward to this season, very positive vibes about the club.

Now I'm beginning to wonder why, for years now I've invested thousands of pounds to watch a competition that is basically rigged.

The OF have always had an unfair advantage in Scotland and them and their fans have got away with so much for as long as I can remember. But the last few years have shown just how appalling things really are.

If indeed the rules weren't strong enough to punish Rangers then why was that? Who is responsible for allowing such a shocking failure to police our game?

The biggest issue with this whole sorry affair is Rangers have learned absolutely nothing and our game hasn't changed a bit. The powers that be are still beholden to two clubs care nothing for the game.

But then why would they when clubs like Hibs aren't prepared to stand up for ourselves?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If there was an enquiry into Strathclyde police, it would be done by either another police force or an independent body.

Here we have the same folk who have been proven to have lied and cheated, making the rules up as they have gone along.

It's just pure madness, that some people are willing to just gloss over this, and move on.

The foxes are running the chicken coup, and we are all just standing back and accepting this.

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Why even bother issuing a statement?
    Exactly. I'd rather we just keep quiet and carry on beating them 3-2 at every opportunity.