hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to hear from the "Fans reps" immediately.
    How can they possibly justify being so far at odds with what the actual fans clearly want?
    Over to you, Tracey & Frank. We are waiting.
    This.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm all for getting behind the club. Certainly I was all for stripping the titles. However the club comes first in my book and I trust the club are doing what they think is in the best interests of Hibernian.

Glory Glory.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Wheather I agree with them or not, the club has acted with class yet again. If that's the decision made by Hibs then so be it.
    Class? You must have incredibly low standards

Shameful statement, Petrie part of the problem and needs to go with the rest of them

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Jesus, now people want the fans reps hung drawn and quartered !

Is it possible that they took some of the thoughts from here to the board, and the other board members - maybe having more detail on everything including the legals - persuaded them of another course of action?

Theres too much black and white on this thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stockporthibee View Post
    Seriously can't believe that people on here don't think this is important. Sporting integrity down the pan. Gutless response, hiding behind legal advice. Embarrassing from Hibs.
    Agreed. It's ****in incredible even if it is only 1 or 2.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We have fans have all felt at some time or another, that the authorities have bent over backwards for both bigots in the past, and they have favoured them, dare I say it cheated on their behalf.

Now it's as clear as the nose on your face, that they don't even bother to hide it now, and OUR club don't have the bollox to stand up to them when THIS was the time to do so.

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.

For years we've gone to football matches, seen us shafted by refs who have been happy to shoot about their bias in retirement, at after dinner speeches, and we've had to suck it up.

We've watched as bad tackles go unpunished in old firm games as the ref tries to keep his cards in his pocket, while our players get booked and suspended for the same tackles.

And now we've seen how blatant and strong the evidence is of systematic cheating, and our club don't want to know.

It is all well and good citing lawyers, but what questions were they asked and what was their advice based on?

It stinks, and I'm gutted that Hibs have taken this stance. Even if you can say that not every supporter feels the same, it appears that there is an overwhelming majority who disagree with the stance taken, and that should have been at the forefront of the decision.

They could have at least asked us how we felt about it before deciding for us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Jesus, now people want the fans reps hung drawn and quartered !

Is it possible that they took some of the thoughts from here to the board, and the other board members - maybe having more detail on everything including the legals - persuaded them of another course of action?

Theres too much black and white on this thread.
    Well we won't know will we, as the silence has been deafening from our so called "reps" over these past few weeks. While certain posters on here (who clearly knew what the stance was going to be well in advance) spent the last few weeks telling us all to "move on".

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Will this impact Celtic's willingness to do transfer business with us? Hopefully not.
    The day we are subservient to Celtic just in order to get some table scraps from them is the day that we might as well pack up and go home.

On the statement, it's not Petrie and Dempster that I'd be directing my ire, if I gave two hoots about the statement. It's not their job to represent the support at board level.

Amazed people care about this so much. Haven't been following this at all and didn't expect us to make a statement about the issue, for or against.

Given Hibs have our money there's little we can do to hit them were it hurts and I'm not sure we'd want to. I feel that's no coincidence it's come to a head now.

I watched the film Ghandi today.

I feel the options for us, and other supporters in Scotland are limited. We can only be passive. But we must be firm.

I propose a minutes silence at 18 minutes in our next game unless we score and again in the 75th minute. And/or both.

That was was when we were born and this could be the death of us.

All other clubs supporters should do the same with appropriate timing.

We will all do this until Scottish football is clean.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Unless the review or investigation resulted in Rangers being stripped of umpteen titles and forced to wear green and gold strips no one would be happy anyway.

The idea of a review is farcical. Anyone that cares has already determined the result in their head years ago.

Would anyone anyone actually believe the conclusions unless there was absolute condemnation and huge penalties for Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    ... and this could be the death of us...
    Seriously. Some folk need to get things in perspective.

@hibs.net private member
    I appreciate it is on a different level entirely but if those fighting for Justice for the 96 had the same attitude it would still have been the fans who were to blame for Hillsborough. Some things are worth fighting for even if you think you will probably lose. Legal advice is often not worth the paper it is written on especially if it comes to the Establishment closing ranks.

The club has lost quite a bit of respect from me with this statement. It is as clear as day Rangers cheated and that needs to be sorted if only because the next time someone is booted out the Cup or docked points then it will just be brought up over and over. I would think that concentrating on Hibernian was a given for our club directors. For me that includes making sure our game, and its administrator are held to account and sporting integrity is at the forefront of that.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I have read it, and while I would prefer the huns to be totally screwed I presume there are very good reasons why we have made this statement.

Ask yourself why there is only one club (allegedly) who wants to take this further?

Could it be that there is no point as there would be no satisfactory outcome?

I think thats what the statement says.
    For me, this has gone way beyond screwing the Huns. This is about having confidence in the governance of the game and the people who are meant to be overseeing it. There have been far, far too many incidents over the last 6 years which more than suggests the SFA and SPFL are not competent to run our game. This latest refusal of the SFA to engage in an independent review (hiding behind some legal tripe) simply raises more concerns. Their call to "move on" is short hand for "let's get back to the old order" irrespective of the shafting all other clubs and fans take in the process.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

Title stripping legally isn't an option. What more do people want?
    They weren't "punished". A new club started in Division 2. I'd say the Newco were fortunate to be allowed to start there.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    I saw this more of an opportunity to lay bare the corruption in the SFA and the lengths they have bent the rules to suit one club. It's a stich up and we seem happy to keep nodding and playing along knowing the game is a bogey. Wasted opportunity to clear the decks of the cronies in the SFA who are happy picking up their large salaries that we pay for. Disappointed.

Don't really like the statement but hey ho. I'm a football fan and I'll be supporting my team.

I'm not going to get too upset about stuff that only really involves our authorities and one other club.

In no way does this tarnish the good work the board have done.

🏆

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    For me, this has gone way beyond screwing the Huns. This is about having confidence in the governance of the game and the people who are meant to be overseeing it. There have been far, far too many incidents over the last 6 years which more than suggests the SFA and SPFL are not competent to run our game. This latest refusal of the SFA to engage in an independent review (hiding behind some legal tripe) simply raises more concerns. Their call to "move on" is short hand for "let's get back to the old order" irrespective of the shafting all other clubs and fans take in the process.
    Agreed, this goes far beyond just one club and is an opportunity missed to expose the corruption, or not, but we will never know now will we.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Not fussed either way. Let's concentrate on all things Hibernian.
    My opinion as well

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Truly pathetic! I'm glad I held back from buying season tix, our so called board, you have lost my business!
    we never had it! i doubt you held back about an upcoming statement! i think it's you that's pathetic

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    Possibly the most disappointed I have been with club! If an athlete is caught doping he does not get to keep his medals!

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    It's not title stripping. They haven't won any titles!
    Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?

Where's ozyhibby who has been the main poster for requesting a statement and sod the consequences. See the divide it's already causing at a time when there was a real feel good factor about the club

Hibs would've been better making no statement in the best interests of our club. My opinion obviously which I know many don't share

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I appreciate it is on a different level entirely but if those fighting for Justice for the 96 had the same attitude it would still have been the fans who were to blame for Hillsborough. Some things are worth fighting for even if you think you will probably lose. Legal advice is often not worth the paper it is written on especially if it comes to the Establishment closing ranks.

The club has lost quite a bit of respect from me with this statement. It is as clear as day Rangers cheated and that needs to be sorted if only because the next time someone is booted out the Cup or docked points then it will just be brought up over and over. I would think that concentrating on Hibernian was a given for our club directors. For me that includes making sure our game, and its administrator are held to account and sporting integrity is at the forefront of that.
    The board have far more information than we have and I personally don't think any of our board are dishonest or do not have the clubs best interests at their core. I've made the choice to trust the board on this and get behind the club as a supporter of it. Most supporters will very probably reach the same conclusion of backing the club. Maybe its slowly slowly catchy monkey with change coming further down the line at the governing bodies.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't really like the statement but hey ho. I'm a football fan and I'll be supporting my team.

I'm not going to get too upset about stuff that only really involves our authorities and one other club.

In no way does this tarnish the good work the board have done.

🏆
    This is how I feel too. Well said.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    I am far too slow. Still waiting for the Hibernian tops and Fans Reps coming back with how they challenged the Hundogs and the outcome after the disgraceful way Hibs fans, including myself, were treated, at the infamous Christmas bigotfest game. Today's statement does therefore not surprise me in the slightest.

Tracey and Frank.....speak to us!

BIG G

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Assuming you're going along the new club argument, what have the new club rangers done wrong and how would you like to punish a defunct team?
    And if you use the same argument, we've only won the Scottish Cup twice and should have 1893 on our badge.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Unless the review or investigation resulted in Rangers being stripped of umpteen titles and forced to wear green and gold strips no one would be happy anyway.

The idea of a review is farcical. Anyone that cares has already determined the result in their head years ago.

Would anyone anyone actually believe the conclusions unless there was absolute condemnation and huge penalties for Rangers?
    A review isn't needed to strip titles. A review is needed to determine exactly who is responsible for allowing, or helping, Rangers to cheat for so long and actively avoiding applying the rules when it became clear to all that they had cheated more than any other club in the UK. The talk of legal advice and title stripping is a deliberate distraction. It is the football authorities that need to be investigated and held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This. Hibs to me are the most important thing and the club are concentrating on Hibs. Can understand people's disappointment but as long as our house is order that's all I care about.
    Happy to turn a blind eye to cheating then?